Football Discussion Thread

Who is more finished?


  • Total voters
    19

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
‎
@gz89 So the reasons Ronaldo is pissed are

1) He was supposed to play 90 mins against Wales but JJ subbed him out at 67th min and it pissed Ronaldo off

OMG how dare a manager subbed a washed player who can't run, press, defend, recover ball, can't strike with accuracy in last few years

2) JJ didn't sub him in against Norway despite he was told he will play for 30 mins. This pissed Ronaldo off as well.

OMG how dare a manager put team results over Ronaldo?

3) Rumours are that Ronaldo gave a statement to JJ to make it public and it goes like this ---> Ronaldo is Pele and Maradona level and I apologize to him for not subbing him in.:milaugh:

As we all know JJ pulled Ten hag and did the opposite.


It feels that his lengthy rant yesterday coinciding with Messi's farewell match was deliberate as well. Messi broke this man to an extent that now I seriously believe there's some mental health issue with Ronaldo.


I mean many players who played with him doesn't put him on par with Messi - Modric, Benzema, Rashford, Ozil, Marcelo, Ramos, Bale, Rooney, Giggs, Scholes and list goes on.

Men who coached/managed him - Zidane, Jose doesn't put him on par with Messi.

Men who admired him once also switched sides - Mbappe, Muller, Rogers and so on.

And, all of these along with Messi ending his career on higher note really got to him.

This guy could have ended his legacy in much better ways if he didn't let himself get obsessed with Messi and getting ecplised by him as a hit to his ego.
 
I read Ronaldo's statement again after a little bit of sleep to make sure it wasn't the fever causing me to hallucinate...and no...he really did write that shit lmao

hard to defend a 41 year old grown ass man on this one

Also watched the Argentina vs Benin highlights, and of course Pessi's last Argentina goal was a penalty :kobeha:

Maybe they're both frauds after all
 

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
‎
I read Ronaldo's statement again after a little bit of sleep to make sure it wasn't the fever causing me to hallucinate...and no...he really did write that shit lmao

hard to defend a 41 year old grown ass man on this one

Also watched the Argentina vs Benin highlights, and of course Pessi's last Argentina goal was a penalty :kobeha:

Maybe they're both frauds after all
I know Messi gives PTSD to Ronaldo and ManU fans but are you in for bet or not? Or you chickened out?
 
I understand that some people don’t like Messi, he’s no saint either despite the exaggerated talk about his humility, but being over 20-25 and supporting that mentally ill 41y old psychopath says a lot about you.

The most disturbing aspect of this whole thing is not that some people support him for his footballing performance, but that they admire this paranoid man because they see elements of themselves in him and feel that he voices their views.
 

K!NG HARA$H!MA

Hustlerversity Graduate
‎
I understand that some people don’t like Messi, he’s no saint either despite the exaggerated talk about his humility, but being over 20-25 and supporting that mentally ill 41y old psychopath says a lot about you.

The most disturbing aspect of this whole thing is not that some people support him for his footballing performance, but that they admire this paranoid man because they see elements of themselves in him and feel that he voices their views.
Ronaldo is a cultural icon. It's more about his brand than any actual tenet of his personality.

What's his brand? That Hard Work always paid off.



Both Messi and Ronaldo have dedicated millions of culties that will defend them no matter what even if they become war criminals.
That's the peak of influence.
 
Ronaldo is a cultural icon. It's more about his brand than any actual tenet of his personality.

What's his brand? That Hard Work always paid off.



Both Messi and Ronaldo have dedicated millions of culties that will defend them no matter what even if they become war criminals.
That's the peak of influence.
Indeed that is precisely why he chose (wrongly imo) to head East and align himself with Saudi Vision 2030.

It had nothing to do with money or the development of football in Saudi.

He realized he had "lost" the battle in the West, where people actually watch football, and went there to boost his profile as a global icon.

Messi's move to America was a much smarter decision, as the market is huge and growing rapidly and it has now climbed to 4th place overall and 3rd place among younger age groups.
 

K!NG HARA$H!MA

Hustlerversity Graduate
‎
Indeed that is precisely why he chose (wrongly imo) to head East and align himself with Saudi Vision 2030.

It had nothing to do with money or the development of football in Saudi.

He realized he had "lost" the battle in the West, where people actually watch football, and went there to boost his profile as a global icon.

Messi's move to America was a much smarter decision, as the market is huge and growing rapidly and it has now climbed to 4th place overall and 3rd place among younger age groups.
It's funny because he initially rejected move to Saudi without no second thoughts and choose United.


When he forced out of United, his agents was scrambling all over Europe so that he can play in champions league and even willing to consider payment cuts but playing time non negotiable.

I guess this blackpilled him and even fired his agents.

The real reason why he chose Saudi because Portuguese networks have been running the Saudi league for a long time. Current Portuguese coach himself was very influential in Saudi before Ronaldo. The entire network lobbied him to join there. There's an entire ecosystem behind it
 

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
‎
Nah it's because I'm delusional
Well let's do this. Even though I am at odds here but I am willing to bet, not because I believe in Spurs but ...but I believe in ManU being ManU lol


Two weeks avy bet - one must be active. If you go inactive then break gap won't be counted.

If ManU wins, I will wear whatever avy you'd pick for two weeks

If Spurs wins, you will wear whatever avy I'd pick for two weeks.
 
Well let's do this. Even though I am at odds here but I am willing to bet, not because I believe in Spurs but ...but I believe in ManU being ManU lol


Two weeks avy bet - one must be active. If you go inactive then break gap won't be counted.

If ManU wins, I will wear whatever avy you'd pick for two weeks

If Spurs wins, you will wear whatever avy I'd pick for two weeks.
I'm in. I'll be online most of October don't worry about my activity, you need to start worrying about wearing a CR7 = GOAT avy for the next 2 weeks :suresure:
 
Top