Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 1195: Weakness

Rate the chapter


  • Total voters
    62
What shocks me here is less the portrayal of trans people and more the fear of Sanji. And I believe this fear is much deeply rooted than we may think.

I've been a strong advocate of the idea that Sanji has been pushing down a part of himself, something that was let free here:



To what degree.. I don't know. Perhaps it's something else, but I think his self-sacrificial behavior is partly bonded with a deeper belief.

Oda rarily do things without a purpose.
Cope
 
What shocks me here is less the portrayal of trans people and more the fear of Sanji. And I believe this fear is much deeply rooted than we may think.

I've been a strong advocate of the idea that Sanji has been pushing down a part of himself, something that was let free here:



To what degree.. I don't know. Perhaps it's something else, but I think his self-sacrificial behavior is partly bonded with a deeper belief.

Oda rarily do things without a purpose.
Oda has the option to not do anything at all and just milk the weekly suspense

But I gotta tell you, there are two scenarios:
1. Sanji admittedly prefers the company of other men
2. His womanizing is revealed to be a facade

Under either or both conditions, for my own amusement, I'll change my name to savatehottie32
 
What shocks me here is less the portrayal of trans people and more the fear of Sanji. And I believe this fear is much deeply rooted than we may think.

I've been a strong advocate of the idea that Sanji has been pushing down a part of himself, something that was let free here:



To what degree.. I don't know. Perhaps it's something else, but I think his self-sacrificial behavior is partly bonded with a deeper belief.

Oda rarily do things without a purpose.
oda isn't going to make sanji queer lol. we all know how he feels about queer people
 
Coping about what?

:kaidowhat:


oda isn't going to make sanji queer lol. we all know how he feels about queer people
I don't know, all I know is that he usually do not make such panels for no reasons and there is a very real reason for Sanji to be autodestructing himself.

Of course it could be only a self-sacrifizing tendency, but... this island was not random. Sanji is in one form or another, closeted. He doesn't want to let his real self be. He is afraid of it.
 
Coping about what?

:kaidowhat:



I don't know, all I know is that he usually do not make such panels for no reasons and there is a very real reason for Sanji to be autodestructing himself.

Of course it could be only a self-sacrifizing tendency, but... this island was not random. Sanji is in one form or another, closeted. He doesn't want to let his real self be. He is afraid of it.
This would be true if the writer weren't Oda
 

CoC: Color of Clowns

"No... gonna steal it back..."
‎
oda isn't going to make sanji queer lol. we all know how he feels about queer people
It's lowkey hilarious to me that Sanji probably hates Ivankov 10 times more than he hates Bon Kurei, despite Bon being his literal enemy in a 1v1. Sanji had real respect for Mr. 2 by the end of Alabasta.

Sanji actually REPRESSED MULTIPLE YEARS OF MEMORIES regarding Ivankov, he might low-key hate Iva more than Judge at this point.

I await the inevitable gag where Luffy and Sanji both talk about Iva and Luffy is like "Yeah, Ivankov is awesome, he's so strong and cool!" and Sanji just starts screaming in rage.

I still maintain that Doc Q will turn Zoro into a woman in Wano Act 4, and Zoro will get really angry and kick ass as a lady.

Was really hoping Sommers would get Zoro to talk about his family. Nope, just fodder for Zoro's Haki upgrade. Welp.
 
Top