Discussion Power Black Clover Power Levels

Who is the Strongest Character in the Manga?

• Lumiere Silvamillion Clover

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Licht

• Megicula

• One of the Dark Triad (Zenon, Vannica, Dante)

• Total voters

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
I have many things to say about your guys' lists as you might imagine haha. But I'll keep things brief for now.

@Marimo_420 , Yami is not stronger than Dante. Here is what Yami had to say about Dante's strength:

Dante was hardcore stomping Yami before Yami brought Asta in to help him lol. Yami's plan to beat Asta was essentially a one in a million chance at victory as Asta literally beats him at the last possible instant with Yami's help. But here are some other notes:

-Noelle in the same tier as Licht and Zenon?
-Charmi stronger than Charlotte?
-Yami literally in pseudo god tier the same as Zagred? You're basically saying that Yami can fight Lumiere and Licht at the same time and still hold the advantage. That is massively overestimating him. I doubt EOS Yami will even be that powerful man lol. He will not be able to hold the advantage against two Wizard Kings at once.

@playa4321
-Secre (or whatever) above Rill?
-Julius and the Dark Triad above Magic Emperor level?
-Asta and Yuno above Fuegoleon, Nozel, and Jack the Ripper?

I disagree with all of these.

The thing about Mereoleona, is that if we take statements made by Patri literally, then Mereoleona would absolutely, no contest, laughably easily, murder pre timeskip Yami with her hands behind her back.

Patri stated that the Third Eye Members were all above him in strength, and that Rhya was the strongest among them.

Patri was above Yami pre timeskip, which would mean Rhya was far stronger than Yami, and Mereoleona completely and utterly demolished Rhya even after he opens his third eye, to the point that at one point when fighting Mereoleona, Rhya simply closes his eyes and accepts that he is about to die while not pushing Nereoleona past entertainment-Diff. Lol

Now of course, Patri’s statement is probably just talking about mana-level and not combat strength, Patri was clearly a more dangerous combatant than every Third Eye Member.

Underrated is a tough thing to gauge because I feel I haven’t participated in enough Black Clover Discussion to really find anyone underestimated by the community lol.

Dante has been underestimated but I get it, he lost and all, but I don’t believe that is just cause to downgrade him when even after his loss, Zenon is still openly stating that Dante is as powerful as him.

Zagred is underrated, legit the entire Clover Kingdom had to gang up on him to stop him. No human or elven character is on that level.

Vangeance is underrated because he is more of a Nuker than a fighter, but I think Vangeance is incredibly powerful.

Yami is massively overrated, but I get it because Yami is also ridiculously awesome lol.

If I had to go with the most underrated, as in the character who I constantly see people doubting or putting other characters on her level unjustifiably

Then I have to say the most underrated character in the series is Mereoleona. Mereoleona like I said earlier, if we take hype statements literally, is still significantly stronger than Yami and the second most powerful Clover Mage behind prime Julius. Her demolition of Rhya was violently one sided and I’m still not convinced any Clover Captain can actually massacre him as hard as she did given that base Rhya fought on par with Clover Captains equally and Mereoleona completely obliterated Third Eye Opened Rhya so hard that he literally threw the entire fight and resigned himself to death before other Elves rescued him Lol.

So yeah, I’m still not convinced current Yami can defeat her but I give him the benefit of the doubt because he’s Yami lol.
Yooo that's why I said I'm unbiased bro. That's what the tier list would look like if I was writing the story. :catsure:

I know Yami is not really at that level. I was kidding.

- But did I really put Noelle that high? I would drop her a tier.

- And yes, for me Charmy is a beast. She clapped a elf powered up Rill who was possessed by one of the "10 apostles of Seperiah". Eleves who were hyped up to be vastly stronger than the standard magic Knight captain and memebers which included the likes of the midnight sun.

I can see her be at high captain easily. Beating Charlotte tho? That's doubtful, but she would put up a high/extreme diff fight

Last edited:

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I'm fucking clown sorry.

I was referring to the Charmy part.
Naaah I can't agree with that.
Don't disrespect Top 5 Charmy like that bro. I mean it's a legit feat, no? Why do you think it wouldn't count for just her?

And if it doesn't we will just have to wait till the end of this arc where she will body another high class mage.

:finally:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I can't actually imagine Yami winning against Mereoleona without hit Katana.
Yami’s new spells are very powerful in their own way. His “Dark Iai Slash” “can’t miss” as long as you are within his mana range, and his “Death Thrust” seems to be a one shot kill assuming he actually lands the attack on his enemies body, which he has no trouble doing on Dante even as Dante was teleporting via spacial magic, Yami could strike him as he reappeared via Ki sensing.

Can Yami beat Mereoleona? I think he can, even if she still might be a bit stronger than him overall.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Aight bois let's do this. This is the most free time I've had in weeks and I'm on a Black Clover kick right now lol. I'm going to nitpick your guys lists respectfully of course. Offering some of my own opinions on everything in addition to the minor feedback I gave earlier.

Aight first off,
+Devils in God Tier. Definitely correct. I think the Devils are a tier away from everyone else in power (or at least, the high ranking Devils are. Lower ranking Devils could be beneath the stronger humans and elves).
-That said, Zagred is far too low, that's a trend I've noticed among people. This guy literally required several members of the Clover Kingdom to all gang up on him including 2 literal Wizard King level combattants to actually stop him. Lolopechka speculated that Megicula (who we all at first thought would be the strongest Demon) MIGHT be stronger than Zagred. Which speaks to how powerful Zagred actually is. Putting him 2 entire tiers beneath Megicula is disrespect. I'd put him 1 tier below at max.
-The Dark Triad are ranked on par with Julius which I think is a bit much, I don't think they've quite proven that but I can at least understand the rationale. Regardless, it feels weird to put 1 of the only 2 Wizard Kings we've ever seen "above Wizard King level." Julius very much seems to be the shining example of a Wizard King in the manga and putting him above the standard Wizard King is too much right now, just my humble opinion lol.
-Yami on par with Licht and Lumiere, not yet. Licht and Lumiere are excessively powerful, and while Yami will reach that level eventaully I think, he is not on par with them right now. That's almost like saying Lumiere or Licht 1v1 would stand no chance at defeating Dante as Yami did, when in actuality I think it's Dante and the Dark Triad who have yet to prove themselves quite on Licht's level.
-Asta and Yuno above captain level, no. The Captains are quite underrated on your tier list are very underrated, and I think best case scenario that Yuno and Asta might be above Rill but even that is pushing it. The Captains are all highly experienced monsters and Yuno and Asta are still too young.
-Noelle in high captain, again no. Maybe Vice Captain level, maybe, but I don't see her defeating any Captain 1v1.
-Secre and Vanessa in Captain Tier, again nah, I think their magics are very powerful and hax but they overall lack experience and real fighting prowess.
-Mimosa in Vice Captain, nah. She is more of a healer/support mage and I don't see her as being more powerful in a fight than any Vice Captain (I assume your list is a fighting strength tier list and not an overall usefulness in battle list or something).

This is @Marimo_420's list in case you can't see it.
Okay so this is @Marimo_420 's list:

We talked a bit about your list before but here is some more feedback:
-I would still put Lucifero and Zagred in a different tier from Lumiere. Licht and Lumiere had to gang up on Zagred to beat him alongside help with other characters including Captain level Knights. Zagred is above them in strength.
-Lumiere and Licht should be equals, that's how they've always been portrayed and if you're going to give the edge to one, it should be Licht who has the benefit of having Elven Mana levels which are greater than Lumiere's.
-Patri and Licht should also not be in the same tier. Licht is very clearly superior to him.
-Dark Elf Patri is stronger than regular Patri
-Vannica should not be beneath Zenon and Dante, sure she can use less Devil magic but I think mana level doesn't always equate to fighting strength. Yami stated multiple times that Nozel has more Mana than him but I don't think many would argue Nozel > Yami.
+Mereoleona is given the respect she deserves. Lol
-I personally think Dorothy is hella overrated from what I've seen people say about her. She's the only captain who's own magic can actually be used against her so long as you actually learn to dream up your own dreams within her dream realm. I would put her as the weakest captain right now to be quite honest.
-Putting Sekke, Noel's brother, and the Nun chick in "Civilian" tier is disrespect lol. These characters are magic knights and civilians have little to no combat ability lol. I get why you ranked them so low but each of these characters should be well stronger than most civilians lol.

This is a V1 of my Black Clover power level tier list. Sorry for not so many characters but I tried to use the "most" important ones. I will work on my own version of a thread on the tier maker so it would be easy for us to do our "version 2" in the future. Here is my current list:
Feel free to ask me about some character positioning if you don't understand why I put them there. -Demi-God just don't ask about this because you will not convince me to change my mind.
-Same as the other list, the Devils are all ranked too low. I think it's clear from everything we know that Megicula, Zagred, and Lucifero appear to be the three strongest beings that we know by name. Zenon's Devil is definitely up there as well and I'm sure there are other Devils close to that power level.
-Fana is ranked too low but she did loose Salamander since she fought on par with the Clover Captains but who knows lol.
+Overall your list is not that objectionable and I largely agree with mostly every ranking you have here lol.

None of your guys' lists are bad by the way haha. Just had some free time and wanted to give my unsolicited opinions lol.

R

Rhealuna

I think I mostly agree with the list tbh. Hybrid Charmy I'd bump up and maybe Vanessa. She's too haxed. Otherwise fine. I might pop a list later too.

And a great idea for a general power level discussion thread.

@Seth tag the rest of the peeps like @Marimo_420 @djiayebee @Rhealuna @BangMi etc from the temple lol.

Also while I agree that the devils are probably the strongest I still voted for the GOAT Julius :myman:
Don't involve me with powerscalling things 😑😑

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Trust me we actually rarely argue about someone's power level here.

From the most noticeable one I protect Julius's PL and Admiral protect's the Devils.

@Rhealuna I know you don't like stuff like this but could you give it a shot?

I want to know how it looks from your perspective.

You don't need to sit on this xxx minutes as we do. Just look at the character and oh he was good and put in somewhere.

What do you think?:neesama:

I respect if you don't. I agree power scaling can ruin the series but we are having a blast in this section, not like one piece.
i mean we know Julius is the "Whitebeard" of Black Clover.
but do u think its weird when u stan the strongest character in the series?
i want to wank Nozel, Zora, and Jack.
but again, i won't waste my time searching the panel. lol

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Jack can cut everything in his way normal objects/magical objects/magical spells.
Jack can't cut Anti Magic and lethal spells that are faster than he can react but this is nothing bad because I don't expect the fastest character in the series to attack him. ( I mean Patry, Julius ).

Asta can cut through magic via Anti Magic but here is the trick.

If there is a Magical meteor coming down on Asta he will cut it in half with his anti-magic swords and erase it but on the other hand if the said meteor is not magical he will have the same problem as Jack unless both of them can chef cut the meteor ( look bellow for what is chef cut ).

Jack will also cut the Magical meteor but he won't erase it so he would either need to make a chef's cut to make sure the rest of the cut meteor won't harm anyone behind him.

Asta has basically a more hax version of Jack's magic.

This is my description of this so take this with a grain of salt I can be wrong ofc.
good point, because so far i think so many people sleep on Jack.. :smoothy:
well, granted because of his annoying attitude lol.
But in combat? dont sleep on Jack. :moonwalk:

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
As I said I changed my opinion on him. I put him in high clover captain for a reason.

I expect some shine from him during this arc. Yami is basically the only person he can relate too.

Everyone should know at this point he is not going to Dark Triad to stop them. He's going for his best friend/rival.
i mean the moment he willing to go to spade kingdom by himself its crazy. lol

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
It's a mix of cockiness, pride, believing in himself, and insecurity.

The harsh truth is before the MC of the series plot started Yami and Jack only had each other in the Clover Kingdom.

Disrespect of the lower class people is a big thing exploited by Tabata in this series so Jack and Yami being the Captains is their way of showing "We are here motherfuckers".

I really want to see a little flashback of Yami and Jack when they were younger. I mean I don't want Yami or Jack sitting in the corner and crying that nobody likes them but I want to know how they felt during those times.

It's basically something like this:
Walking everywhere outside the Kingdom or on the borders of it: ....................................... Nothing.

Walking into Capital: Oh, you fucking peasant, lower-class bitch xD.

I went a little off-topic I know.

Anyway. Let's hope there are big things for Jack in this arc.
well there is so many consideration he might have the best highlight for this arc.
He is the best pal of Yami, so i think Tabata will give Character Development and maybe flashback with him and Yami back then.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Yeah, I also thought this way.

Out of the Captains, there are 4 characters who have connections to someone stronger or weaker it doesn't matter.
Jack and Charlotte for Yami.
Mereoleona and Nozel for Acier.
yes 4 of them will have character development.
but for Fuego, i think Tabata will show to us what is his Salamander capable of.