Discussion Power Black Clover Power Levels

Who is the Strongest Character in the Manga?

• Lumiere Silvamillion Clover

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Licht

• Megicula

• One of the Dark Triad (Zenon, Vannica, Dante)

• Total voters

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
Aight bois let's do this. This is the most free time I've had in weeks and I'm on a Black Clover kick right now lol. I'm going to nitpick your guys lists respectfully of course. Offering some of my own opinions on everything in addition to the minor feedback I gave earlier.

Aight first off,
+Devils in God Tier. Definitely correct. I think the Devils are a tier away from everyone else in power (or at least, the high ranking Devils are. Lower ranking Devils could be beneath the stronger humans and elves).
-That said, Zagred is far too low, that's a trend I've noticed among people. This guy literally required several members of the Clover Kingdom to all gang up on him including 2 literal Wizard King level combattants to actually stop him. Lolopechka speculated that Megicula (who we all at first thought would be the strongest Demon) MIGHT be stronger than Zagred. Which speaks to how powerful Zagred actually is. Putting him 2 entire tiers beneath Megicula is disrespect. I'd put him 1 tier below at max.
-The Dark Triad are ranked on par with Julius which I think is a bit much, I don't think they've quite proven that but I can at least understand the rationale. Regardless, it feels weird to put 1 of the only 2 Wizard Kings we've ever seen "above Wizard King level." Julius very much seems to be the shining example of a Wizard King in the manga and putting him above the standard Wizard King is too much right now, just my humble opinion lol.
-Yami on par with Licht and Lumiere, not yet. Licht and Lumiere are excessively powerful, and while Yami will reach that level eventaully I think, he is not on par with them right now. That's almost like saying Lumiere or Licht 1v1 would stand no chance at defeating Dante as Yami did, when in actuality I think it's Dante and the Dark Triad who have yet to prove themselves quite on Licht's level.
-Asta and Yuno above captain level, no. The Captains are quite underrated on your tier list are very underrated, and I think best case scenario that Yuno and Asta might be above Rill but even that is pushing it. The Captains are all highly experienced monsters and Yuno and Asta are still too young.
-Noelle in high captain, again no. Maybe Vice Captain level, maybe, but I don't see her defeating any Captain 1v1.
-Secre and Vanessa in Captain Tier, again nah, I think their magics are very powerful and hax but they overall lack experience and real fighting prowess.
-Mimosa in Vice Captain, nah. She is more of a healer/support mage and I don't see her as being more powerful in a fight than any Vice Captain (I assume your list is a fighting strength tier list and not an overall usefulness in battle list or something).

Okay so this is @Marimo_420 's list:

We talked a bit about your list before but here is some more feedback:
-I would still put Lucifero and Zagred in a different tier from Lumiere. Licht and Lumiere had to gang up on Zagred to beat him alongside help with other characters including Captain level Knights. Zagred is above them in strength.
-Lumiere and Licht should be equals, that's how they've always been portrayed and if you're going to give the edge to one, it should be Licht who has the benefit of having Elven Mana levels which are greater than Lumiere's.
-Patri and Licht should also not be in the same tier. Licht is very clearly superior to him.
-Dark Elf Patri is stronger than regular Patri
-Vannica should not be beneath Zenon and Dante, sure she can use less Devil magic but I think mana level doesn't always equate to fighting strength. Yami stated multiple times that Nozel has more Mana than him but I don't think many would argue Nozel > Yami.
+Mereoleona is given the respect she deserves. Lol
-I personally think Dorothy is hella overrated from what I've seen people say about her. She's the only captain who's own magic can actually be used against her so long as you actually learn to dream up your own dreams within her dream realm. I would put her as the weakest captain right now to be quite honest.
-Putting Sekke, Noel's brother, and the Nun chick in "Civilian" tier is disrespect lol. These characters are magic knights and civilians have little to no combat ability lol. I get why you ranked them so low but each of these characters should be well stronger than most civilians lol.

-Same as the other list, the Devils are all ranked too low. I think it's clear from everything we know that Megicula, Zagred, and Lucifero appear to be the three strongest beings that we know by name. Zenon's Devil is definitely up there as well and I'm sure there are other Devils close to that power level.
-Fana is ranked too low but she did loose Salamander since she fought on par with the Clover Captains but who knows lol.
+Overall your list is not that objectionable and I largely agree with mostly every ranking you have here lol.

None of your guys' lists are bad by the way haha. Just had some free time and wanted to give my unsolicited opinions lol.
Bro i was kidding on this tier list you don't have to do me like that-

Yooo that's why I said I'm unbiased bro. That's what the tier list would look like if I was writing the story. :catsure:

I know Yami is not really at that level. I was kidding.

- But did I really put Noelle that high? I would drop her a tier.

- And yes, for me Charmy is a beast. She clapped a elf powered up Rill who was possessed by one of the "10 apostles of Seperiah". Eleves who were hyped up to be vastly stronger than the standard magic Knight captain and memebers which included the likes of the midnight sun.

I can see her be at high captain easily. Beating Charlotte tho? That's doubtful, but she would put up a high/extreme diff fight
I will try make a proper tier list later i guess.

-That said, Zagred is far too low, that's a trend I've noticed among people. This guy literally required several members of the Clover Kingdom to all gang up on him including 2 literal Wizard King level combattants to actually stop him. Lolopechka speculated that Megicula (who we all at first thought would be the strongest Demon) MIGHT be stronger than Zagred. Which speaks to how powerful Zagred actually is. Putting him 2 entire tiers beneath Megicula is disrespect. I'd put him 1 tier below at max.
Judging by the last information with we get, Zagred was most like under the lvl of the Dark Triade:

Im sure the three strongest demon are the one who we also see in the dark triade, I doubt Zagred was in the lower part, at best in the middle or upperpart. Megicula beat everyone and also a powerup Noelle easily, Zeno cakewalk entire Golden dawn and even Dante almost kill of powered Yami and Asta.

I think it is clear portrayalwise that these demons scales above Zagred who wasn´t really impressiv against Asta/Yuno and Yami.
Yes of course they get a help of Licht and Lumiere(probably nerfed form) but the effort of Yami and Asta against Dante was far more impressiv then what they do against Zagred.

In my opinion Zagred are under the lvl of the three dark triad members, Lumiere kill of the demon form back then already and I would place Zagred,Lumiere and Licht almost on equal(of course Zagred slighty has the upperhand).

-The Dark Triad are ranked on par with Julius which I think is a bit much, I don't think they've quite proven that but I can at least understand the rationale. Regardless, it feels weird to put 1 of the only 2 Wizard Kings we've ever seen "above Wizard King level." Julius very much seems to be the shining example of a Wizard King in the manga and putting him above the standard Wizard King is too much right now, just my humble opinion lol.
The reason why I put Julius still on the lvl of the Dark Triad is that we need kinda more feats of him, I have him high on my list too, a inbetweer with Godtiers(demons) and the holders(Dark Triad), overall he is one of the strongest Black clover character so far.
With need more feats though and see how Julius get compare to the real demons of the Dante and co.

-Yami on par with Licht and Lumiere, not yet. Licht and Lumiere are excessively powerful, and while Yami will reach that level eventaully I think, he is not on par with them right now. That's almost like saying Lumiere or Licht 1v1 would stand no chance at defeating Dante as Yami did, when in actuality I think it's Dante and the Dark Triad who have yet to prove themselves quite on Licht's level.
I doubt that either Licht or Lumiere could perform the same feats as what Yami did against Dante, the strongest demon holder.
I think Dante,Zeno and Megicula pose the strongest threat above Zagred. As I said Asta perform in weaker states better against Zagred as he did in far stronger version against Dante.

-Asta and Yuno above captain level, no. The Captains are quite underrated on your tier list are very underrated, and I think best case scenario that Yuno and Asta might be above Rill but even that is pushing it. The Captains are all highly experienced monsters and Yuno and Asta are still too young.
Asta and Yuno perform against the Dark Triad better then any Captain could dream of it to do, even Yuno captain get stomped well Yuno perform far better.
Seeing how Zeno curbstomping the golden dawn and how Megicula curbstomp Noelle, I doubt any Captain could even had a chance to fight back.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Im sure the three strongest demon are the one who we also see in the dark triade, I doubt Zagred was in the lower part, at best in the middle or upperpart.
Nah my man. Here is what Lucifero had to say about Zagred:

“High-Ranking”...Zagred is among the upper tier of Demons.

Now, let’s clarify the terminology real quick->
Upper Level Demon->Weaker Demon.
Lower Level Demon-> Stronger Demon.

The lower you go into Qliphoth, the stronger the Demons get.

But let us not confuse “upper level” with “Higher-Ranking.” “Level” exclusively refers to a level of Qliphoth, which the upper level ones are weaker. But “High-Ranking” most likely refers to Zagred being a lower level Demon which means he is among the stronger ones.

The context supports this notion as well, as Lucifero was specifically referencing the possibility of strong demons being in the human world, before dismissing that notion by saying “the only stronger Demon in the human realm was Zagred, Asta’s Demon is probably some lower ranked trash.” Or something like that.

Lucifero calls Zagred a Higher Ranking Demon, not a Higher Level Demon. Basically, Lucifero references Zagred as one of the strongest Devils.

I think it is clear portrayalwise that these demons scales above Zagred who wasn´t really impressiv against Asta/Yuno and Yami.
Zagred basically solo’d everyone my man. Lumiere and Licht had to double team him and that still wasn’t enough to actually defeat the guy. I need to re-watch the fight in the anime but iirc, Zagred was too much for two Wizard Kings to actually defeat.

I doubt that either Licht or Lumiere could perform the same feats as what Yami did against Dante, the strongest demon holder.
That is massive underestimation my man.

To start off, Lumiere and Licht are both MASSIVELY faster than Patri who himself was above Yami when he got serious. Licht’s very first feat in the manga, before he was fully conscious, was to speed blitz the ever loving mess out of Asta and casually took his sword out of his hand lol. Asta who is capable of reacting to casual Patri. Yuno remarked that Licht’s Mana had disappeared into the Mana around him and thus sensing Licht’s movements at all would be extremely difficult. Then Licht blasted a Dressrosa-sized hole into the earth.

And again, this was a Licht who wasn’t fully conscious yet. I think if Licht fought the Yami who fought Patri, from everything we know, Licht would obliterate him.

And Lumiere and Licht are absolutely equals as mages even though Licht has Elven Mana reserves which gives him more Mana lol. Current Yami is not on that level.

Asta and Yuno perform against the Dark Triad better then any Captain could dream of it to do, even Yuno captain get stomped well Yuno perform far better.
Maybe I’m underestimating Asta and Yuno but I don’t think I am. Dante clobbered the mess out of Asta before Yami showed up, and Asta only got up because of Yami’s motivation. And even after Asta took out a new contract with his Devil, he only managed to stay alive because Yami was protecting him and pressuring Dante so that Dante had trouble defeating him.

I just don’t see Asta and Yuno as being that powerful yet.

Last edited:
Strongest DeViL / Satan ''Lucifero'' with four wings, four horns, long hair, and pointed teeth.

Strongest Dark Triad ''Dante''

Strongest Clover Captain or above Captain
Mereoleona / Nozel / Yami / Vermilion / William

Captain level Knight
Asta / Yuno

Best Wizard king or more then wizard king
The one and only Julius

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Then what was Lucifero referring to during the fight between Dante and Yami?

Qlipoth is a different branch of the Top Devils in the Underworld or what?

Qliphoth is just a channel that connects the underworld with the human realm. It's not the entirety of the demon world. There are low and high ranking demons in the demon world. Only ten demons from the demon world are connected to Qliphoth. For all we know, it's possible that all demons connected to the Qliphoth are high ranking demons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucifero calls Zagred a Higher Ranking Demon, not a Higher Level Demon. Basically, Lucifero references Zagred as one of the strongest Devils.
Yes but also Lucifero simple confirmed that the Dark Triad had the strongest devils in ranking:

With means Dante,Zeno and Vanica should be above Zarged because they stand above him with Lucifero words.

Zagred basically solo’d everyone my man. Lumiere and Licht had to double team him and that still wasn’t enough to actually defeat the guy. I need to re-watch the fight in the anime but iirc, Zagred was too much for two Wizard Kings to actually defeat.
To be fair Lumiere was probably hell nerfed similar as Licht, both where like edotensei with not full power.

To start off, Lumiere and Licht are both MASSIVELY faster than Patri who himself was above Yami when he got serious. Licht’s very first feat in the manga, before he was fully conscious, was to speed blitz the ever loving mess out of Asta and casually took his sword out of his hand lol.
The problem overall is that both Yuno and Asta hold a big position against Zarged already before the ts.
And they where the only one who could react and fight Zarged off together with Lumi and Licht, Patri probably get soon more feats too. Overall I can´t imagine how Lumi who lose his life against Zarged pose demon(licht) while Dante and the other two where even stronger then Zarged.

What the heck !!! Luck should be at least High Captain level !

Fuego should be above captain level.

Mereoleona and Yami should be boss level... at least. I’d argue with Mana Zone they’re on the lower end of Magic Emperor level.

Noelle is clearly stronger than Nozel in her armoured form.

Nozel should definitely go down in strength. He was arguably weaker than Fuego even before he got Salamander, he should be at least a tier below him maybe 2 tiers below him.

Asta should be boss level.

Licht with the sword is arguably demon level

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
What the heck !!! Luck should be at least High Captain level !

Fuego should be above captain level.

Mereoleona and Yami should be boss level... at least. I’d argue with Mana Zone they’re on the lower end of Magic Emperor level.

Noelle is clearly stronger than Nozel in her armoured form.

Nozel should definitely go down in strength. He was arguably weaker than Fuego even before he got Salamander, he should be at least a tier below him maybe 2 tiers below him.

Asta should be boss level.

Licht with the sword is arguably demon level
This is a troll post. Lol

Last edited:
I've read about 70 chapter and Julius seems to be strongest for now by far then after him probably that captain with the mask who will turn out to be evil for sure and then Yami :kayneshrug:
I will post again and give a more accurate list when i catch up :zosleepy:

Bruh BC power levels post Qlipoth gonna be a mess xD.
I am wondering what will happen when the gates of qlipoth devils will b open.
Are they directly attack in their original form or they will acquire human body, like dark triad made contract & sell their bodies in order to get power. I believe soon yuki tabata will introduce good devils (Jin) and bad devils (Jin) concept.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Strongest human: Julius/Lumiere
Strongest Elf: Licht
Strongest over all so far: Lucifero/AM Demon

Strongest non-demon character: I'd say Julius for now but Licht/Lumiere are just as likely to be the strongest. Licht is the most versatile among the 3 top contenders. I'd say he's stronger than Lumiere if it weren't for the fact that they're constantly put under the same light on multiple occasion.

I am wondering what will happen when the gates of qlipoth devils will b open.
Are they directly attack in their original form or they will acquire human body, like dark triad made contract & sell their bodies in order to get power. I believe soon yuki tabata will introduce good devils (Jin) and bad devils (Jin) concept.
They'll be released in their complete form. That's the whole point of opening the barriers to begin with.