Powers & Abilities Will the Raid Suit be permanent or will it force Sanji to want to improve?

S

stealthblack

So while thinking about the different parallels that WCI/Wano has to past arcs such as Water 7/Enies Lobby, and Thriller Bark, there was one parallel in particular that was right in front of our faces, yet easily missed because the parallel itself involves two different characters. At the beginning of Water 7 the Going Merry was deemed unsavable, and because of this, it caused a huge rift between Luffy and Usopp. I'm not going to go into much detail because at this point everyone pretty much knows how this went. Luffy and Usopp fight, Usopp leaves the crew of his own accord, only to be brought back at the end of the Water 7/Enies Lobby saga.

Now when you think about it, this is basically the same thing that happens between Luffy and Sanji on WCI, although the reasonings behind it were completely different. Sanji tried to leave the crew, but Luffy wouldn't allow it, and by the end of the arc they make up, and Sanji ends up back with the Straw Hats. The one thing we didn't realize however, is that Sanji is doing something as we speak that parallels what Usopp did during Water 7/Enies, although both for different reasons. They both dawned a disguise, that for all in tents and purposes, made them stronger.

Now I know what you're thinking, "How did Usopp becoming Sogeking, make him stronger." Well that's the thing, Sogeking didn't make Usopp stronger in the traditional sense, but rather when wearing the Mask, he became braver, which essentially allowed him to fight at full capacity, much like he did when fighting against Luffy when the Going Merry was on the line. Ever since Water 7/EL however, Sogeking has no longer made an appearance in the series. I believe Sogeking was basically Oda's way of showing us a glimpse of the future to what Usopp will become when he finally achieves his dream of being a brave Warrior of the Sea.

So my question here, is, is it possible that Oda is doing something like this for Sanji? Could the raid suit have been given to Sanji in order for him to realize where his shortcomings in combat lie? As it stands at the moment, Sanji is wearing the raid suit because it's the only option for him at this moment. But could Oda actually be using this as a learning experience for Sanji, to make him want to improve so he doesn't have to wear the raid suit in the future? Perhaps showing us a glimpse of what Sanji will become, later down the line? I'm 50/50 on it at the moment, but I do think the parallel between Sogeking and O-Sobamask is pretty interesting. How far Oda plans to take it, remains to be seen.
He has no time to improve, and while it made usopp more brave, sanji has that, raid suit only covers toughness, more speed. but that is thing you only improve by training, and if he didn't in the 2 years, too late now when luffy could become pirate king in 1 week from now, manga time

someone probably asked but wasn’t answered

seriously tho why does everything that is related to sanji is a joke? his opponents jokes(abslom and bon clay) his time skip training is a joke luffy got to be trained by rayleigh and zoro got be trained by mihawk while sanji is chased by tranies

i don’t understand why
It s not to late to join zoro greatness and abandon sanjino the cuck

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I’m of the mindset that if it helps Sanji fight more powerful opponents as we near the end of the series, he should keep it. There’s a point where pride becomes foolish and detrimental; we’re not fighting fodder in Paradise anymore, and haven’t been for a long time. If this guy is gonna serve at the discretion of the future Pirate King, he needs to accept any power ups he can get, especially one from his vile but technologically skilled family. If he wants to make it his own so he doesn’t feel further indebted to the Vinsmoke name, he can just have Franky and Usopp retool the thing after they leave Wano. It would be a huge mistake for him to just discard it out of some misplaced “honor” of not wanting his father to lord something over him.

I think he will need to realize that without using hands he is at a great disadvantage and will start using them.
Either for pistols, kitchen knives, short swords, some tech cannons or whatever.
If he loses his dream for the 2nd time, it might trigger some bizarre power-up equal to grabbing Nami's boobs.
There’s never been a hint of Sanji needing his hands in battle though. It’s like Jinbe or Zoro not using their feet, that’s just their fighting style.

He has no time to improve, and while it made usopp more brave, sanji has that, raid suit only covers toughness, more speed. but that is thing you only improve by training, and if he didn't in the 2 years, too late now when luffy could become pirate king in 1 week from now, manga time
As far as I can tell Sanji has only utilized the stealth and durability function of the raid suit, and the propellers to fly, which he can do regardless. Stealth itself doesn't need to be a permanent upgrade for him, and the durability can be rectified with CoA, which can only blossom under extreme circumstances. Something he probably didn't experience at all during the Timeskip.

S

stealthblack

As far as I can tell Sanji has only utilized the stealth and durability function of the raid suit, and the propellers to fly, which he can do regardless. Stealth itself doesn't need to be a permanent upgrade for him, and the durability can be rectified with CoA, which can only blossom under extreme circumstances. Something he probably didn't experience at all during the Timeskip.
he still needs extreme, proper battles, something he didn't get since absalom or jabra. never had anything close to katakuri vs luffy to train haki.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he will need to realize that without using hands he is at a great disadvantage and will start using them.
Either for pistols, kitchen knives, short swords, some tech cannons or whatever.
If he loses his dream for the 2nd time, it might trigger some bizarre power-up equal to grabbing Nami's boobs.
I think Sora's drug inhibits his potential way way too much. It might be better for him to be go under a surgery (done either by Judge, Vegapunk or Franky) to completely reverse the effects of Sora's drug. He will probably not go for knives or short swords (such as kukri), but pistol is a more probable option.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
I think Sora's drug inhibits his potential way way too much. It might be better for him to be go under a surgery (done either by Judge, Vegapunk or Franky) to completely reverse the effects of Sora's drug. He will probably not go for knives or short swords (such as kukri), but pistol is a more probable option.
But wouldnt he hate that even more than the suit?