Powers & Abilities Will the Raid Suit be permanent or will it force Sanji to want to improve?

My take on the Raid Suit is that it's 100% here to stay. That said Sanji will continue to improve himself regardless of the Suit, as well as while using the suit. The RS is a convenient tool that brings many benefits to the table, but a stronger Sanji could always make better use of those tools, so he will continue to improve himself.

That's pretty much what I feel like Oda is trying to play at here. Years ago (Back on OJ) I made a thread about Zoro and Sanji improving on the Haki they don't specialize in. In Zoro's case it was CoO, and in Sanji case it was CoA. I made the prediction that, that is why Zoro keeps his eye closed, as it's a means for him to improve his CoO. I thought Sanji would have been doing the same with CoA, but that doesn't seem to be the case. But with this new development of the Raid Suit, and Sanji commenting on it's durability a few times now, it could be an indicator that he might actually buckle down and want to improve his CoA, just so he doesn't have to wear the suit.
Agree with you, but i already post it before

As you know
King is a bird, therefore he is agile, i believe his speciality is CoO
Queen on the other hand is very bulky, i believe his speciality is CoA, or very strong skin,

Both enemies are ZoSan weakness, the fight will be interesting because, they need to surpass the calamity by upgrading their haki, just like luffy vs katakuri, the raid suit is only extra armour to protect sanji from extra hit before his CoA kan pierce through queen skin

At first I thought he would keep it but now I'm somewhat doubtful
Especially after he seemed to deliberately take it off before standing with the others in the group shot? Just feels like he really doesn't like it

yes its permanent its just like enma in terms of power up so i don't see why he won't keep it
It's not just like to Enma.

First of all, Enma is a training wheel

Second Enma us the exact same grade of sword as shusui

Third Enma can be improved by Zoro's own haki into a black blade.

The raid suit is nothing like the above.

First the raid suit gives Sanji abilities that he immediately loses when the suit is removed whereas Zoro uses enma to train his haki and his improved haki doesn't change if you remove enma

Second the raid suit specifically adds stats to Sanji while Enma us the exact same grade as shusuitable

Third the raid suit cannot be improved by anything Sanji can do, it's Usopp and franky who have to improve it for him

MonsterZoro

Bald Spoiler Provider
It's not just like to Enma.

First of all, Enma is a training wheel

Second Enma us the exact same grade of sword as shusui

Third Enma can be improved by Zoro's own haki into a black blade.

The raid suit is nothing like the above.

First the raid suit gives Sanji abilities that he immediately loses when the suit is removed whereas Zoro uses enma to train his haki and his improved haki doesn't change if you remove enma

Second the raid suit specifically adds stats to Sanji while Enma us the exact same grade as shusuitable

Third the raid suit cannot be improved by anything Sanji can do, it's Usopp and franky who have to improve it for him
U literally just listed the reasons why raid suit is just like enma

Sanji doesn’t want to improve his fighting if girls aren’t in trouble. He always comes to save the day for younger children or women so it could be permanent because there’s always a little girl or boy in trouble or something. Then again, it’s Sanji’s style to wear a suit.

Last edited:
So while thinking about the different parallels that WCI/Wano has to past arcs such as Water 7/Enies Lobby, and Thriller Bark, there was one parallel in particular that was right in front of our faces, yet easily missed because the parallel itself involves two different characters. At the beginning of Water 7 the Going Merry was deemed unsavable, and because of this, it caused a huge rift between Luffy and Usopp. I'm not going to go into much detail because at this point everyone pretty much knows how this went. Luffy and Usopp fight, Usopp leaves the crew of his own accord, only to be brought back at the end of the Water 7/Enies Lobby saga.

Now when you think about it, this is basically the same thing that happens between Luffy and Sanji on WCI, although the reasonings behind it were completely different. Sanji tried to leave the crew, but Luffy wouldn't allow it, and by the end of the arc they make up, and Sanji ends up back with the Straw Hats. The one thing we didn't realize however, is that Sanji is doing something as we speak that parallels what Usopp did during Water 7/Enies, although both for different reasons. They both dawned a disguise, that for all in tents and purposes, made them stronger.

Now I know what you're thinking, "How did Usopp becoming Sogeking, make him stronger." Well that's the thing, Sogeking didn't make Usopp stronger in the traditional sense, but rather when wearing the Mask, he became braver, which essentially allowed him to fight at full capacity, much like he did when fighting against Luffy when the Going Merry was on the line. Ever since Water 7/EL however, Sogeking has no longer made an appearance in the series. I believe Sogeking was basically Oda's way of showing us a glimpse of the future to what Usopp will become when he finally achieves his dream of being a brave Warrior of the Sea.

So my question here, is, is it possible that Oda is doing something like this for Sanji? Could the raid suit have been given to Sanji in order for him to realize where his shortcomings in combat lie? As it stands at the moment, Sanji is wearing the raid suit because it's the only option for him at this moment. But could Oda actually be using this as a learning experience for Sanji, to make him want to improve so he doesn't have to wear the raid suit in the future? Perhaps showing us a glimpse of what Sanji will become, later down the line? I'm 50/50 on it at the moment, but I do think the parallel between Sogeking and O-Sobamask is pretty interesting. How far Oda plans to take it, remains to be seen.
I think your overthinking this whole thing, Sanji doesnt give a fuck about combat, Oda has been utilizing that suit for Sanji to save people, not to defeat anybody, hence why page one is still here, why sanji didnt wear the suit against x drake and why sanji doesnt have the suit on currently in a war situation. Whenever sanji gets his fight ONLY 2 possible things will happen, Odas will have sanji pull something out his ass like he did in enies lobby. OR Sanji will just defeat someone without actually growing like 90% of his fights in the series. Every fight oda has written for sanji in the series has been low to mid diff. Not much focus really goes into sanjis fights in terms of growth. Things just happen.

Definitely will be in his arsenal forever, but i see it eventually only as a way to enhance his overall abilities, as does a bankai, or luffy's gear. So he will improve, and this will enhace him in situation of despair.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Sanji talked about redesigning the suit with Usopp and Franky. That scene would be pointless if he discards the RS. His big epiphany around using it was that he should throw away his pride for his crew, because facing an Emperor will call that from him and his friends in order to win.

And Oda has already compromised Sanji's character by making him put on the raid suit, considering he spent an entire arc vilifying the Vinsmokes. If there was ever an opportunity to highlight Sanji's independence from the suit, it would've been around WCI or Reverie. However, Oda has instead chose to double down on it and is seemingly leading Sanji to a stage where he must accept his family name. This was even hinted back during WCI, calling Germa his family regardless of what they've done to him.

Whether Sanji improves his haki or not, it will likely be with the RS on hand.

You see Raid Suit boost all Sanji stats especially his durability, so even if Sanji could became in hundred times stronger with RS his stats will be doubled, if not tripled. So at any case Sanji will became much weaker than he was with Raid Suit.
I remember how similar thing happened with Sasuke whose curse mark was replaced by MS, and till he awakened Susano he was weaker than before. But we are already on last stage, RS is connected with Sanji's birth, so obviosly is permanent thing.