News Volume 97 coming on September 2020

Strawberry Marine cover
(I💛OP, from Ishikawa)

-------------------------------

D: Odacchi, a question! Who has the bigger head, Fukurokuju or vice-admiral Strawberry? (P.N.: KaiKai)

O: Look and see for yourself. It's vice-admiral Strawberry.
It's said that his head grows more everytime he gets sad.

D: Lately we've seen many swords in their human forms. I'd like to see Luffy's straw hat in human form as well! (P.N.: Akimasa)

O: Alright, a new request. Since I'm a master at anthropomorphizations. Here it is, even with the cut it got from Buggy ages ago!

<< Can't read third question well, if anyone wants to chip in, be my guest >> @EtenBoby maybe you are able to read it since its kinda blurry.

Translated by Rainbow - TCB Scans
The 3rd question is about why people in Wano shit on the Kozuki family

Alright do correct me if I'm wrong but here's my interpretation.

One Piece isn't gonna end in 5 years but the whole "What is One Piece?" saga will, which is like upto Laugh Tale. After that we'll get the Final War arc (after 5 years?) and the epilogue or something.
Yes, this is pretty much what Oda is implying here. You can read other translations of that SBS line too since the TCB scan guys also translated it with a little more flavor/flair:

D: Odacchi! Is it true that One Piece will end in 5 years? Even if that's the case, a public statement like that is really vexing for the fans!
Many friends of mine who are fans burst into tears with this sudden announcement! I feel like shouting "How could you do this to us!?", but I don't want to stress you out. (P.N.: pari_bentham)

O: By "ending", I mean the juiciest part of Luffy's adventure.
Since that's when the mystery of "what is the One Piece?" is to be revealed.
Right now Wano is heating up, if Luffy is able to leave here in one piece, we'll get to a development that will engulf the entire world, the likes of which no one has read before - the greatest war in One Piece history.
I said what I said so that the reader's hearts would be prepared, since it'll be such a long arc, and one that will really pin things towards the finish line. That being said, I'm really enjoying writing and drawing Wano right now, and am pumped to finishing it!

D

Deleted member 83

<< Can't read third question well, if anyone wants to chip in, be my guest >> @EtenBoby maybe you are able to read it since its kinda blurry.

yeah my pics are a bit more clear

R: Oda sensei!! I have a question. Why do people despise the Kozuki clan in the current Wano country? Didn’t Shinobu cleared up the misunderstanding..?
from Y.U
O: People who believed in the Kozuki clan were all killed by Orochi and Kaido, the kids are under the bad influence of the brainwashing education, so the whole ambiance of the Capital falls under Orochi’s control.
Pressure, brainwashing, these things are also causing several kinds of problems in our world today. Scary!

Last edited by a moderator:

Orochi cover (Anon, from Tokyo)

---------------------------

D: Please tell me the names and heights of the Oniwabanshu members! (P.N.: Crying Kyoshiro)

O: Sure thing. Don't worry if you can't memorize them. I threw in their special attacks too for good measure.

<< Left-to-right, Top-to-bottom >>

Fukurokuju: 221cm, "Earlobe Cracker"
Daikou: 436cm, "Metamorphosis"
Hanzou: 544cm, "Floating"
Sarutobi: 378cm, "Illusion"
Kazekage: 192cm, "Summoning"
Jigoku Benten: 225cm, ? (unreadable) maybe @EtenBoby can help out
Fujin: 200cm, "Oil Wrestling"
Raijin: 200cm, "Oil Wrestling"
Bishamon: 182cm, "Water Droplet"
Chome: 150cm, "Paralysis"
Yazaemon: 180cm, "Arrow"

-----------------------------

D: Orochi has 2 really long teeth, doesn't that make it hard to eat? Please ask him for me!
O: Indeed, let's ask him.

Shogun Orochi, how is it? Orochi: Not at all! *Chomp chomp chomp*! See!?

O: Not at all, it seems!

fuji s a good guy he won t fight zoro
u think he gonna defend the wg eos ??:milaugh:
He has his justice... he won’t leave the marines to fall by the hands of pirates...

you think Copy, Drake, Smoker, Tashigi and few more good hearted marines will stand by and watch the navy get destroyed? Or go against navy? Ofc no.

fuji s a good guy he won t fight zoro
u think he gonna defend the wg eos ??:milaugh:
Luffy punched Koby straight in the face, we have little context for what the final war will even be about. Marines still will need to defend justice. If he's not part of sword, I don't see him being a complete ally.

Explain then. Because I don't see Fuji fighting for the WG either. So either Zoro vs Fujitora happens very soon or nada.
Fuji may not care about WG, but he won’t let pirates take down the navy... you think him, Coby and Smoker will side with pirates and leave marines to fall?