Versus Battle Mereoleona vs Julius

Could she win ?

• Total voters
Mereoleona is in the exact same situation as Patry and is morals off for some reason, let’s say Julius got Fuego killed sonehow, and she is willing to attack commoners, use her mana zone to incinerate the whole kingdom, etc. like Patry did to wear Julius out and get an opening.

Could she replicate what Patry did and kill Julius ?

Julius captures her alive 5 seconds into the fight. The only reason why Patry lasted for as long as he did is because of his speed.
Isn’t Mereoleona faster than Patry ? She was easily blitzing Raia who is a skilled light magic user himself (Yami even said he was as fast as Patry) and making him look like he was in slow motion at points.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Isn’t Mereoleona faster than Patry ? She was easily blitzing Raia who is a skilled light magic user himself (Yami even said he was as fast as Patry) and making him look like he was in slow motion at points.
I skimmed through the entire series in like two-3 days so correct if I am missing something. I'd say Rhya's not quite as fast as Patry in Julius fight. Yami tagged him easily irrc while Julius, whose reactions are on a different level to even current Yami by his own admission, is having difficulties capturing Patry.

I skimmed through the entire series in like two-3 days so correct if I am missing something. I'd say Rhya's not quite as fast as Patry in Julius fight. Yami tagged him easily irrc while Julius, whose reactions are on a different level to even current Yami by his own admission, is having difficulties capturing Patry.
Maybe he’s not quite as fast but Mereleona was completely blitzing him and making him look like he was moving in slow motion.

Besides, Patry was already faster than Julius before the Yami fight by Julius’ own admission.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Maybe he’s not quite as fast but Mereleona was completely blitzing him and making him look like he was moving in slow motion.

Besides, Patry was already faster than Julius before the Yami fight by Julius’ own admission.
Julius is slower than Party but his precognition+speed gives him some serious advantage letting him react way quicker than Patry's movement speed. Rhya can't use more than one magic attribute at once. The magic attributes that he copies are fuelled by his own magic; so they're only as good as his magic allows them to be. As a matter of fact, Leona noted that his Dark Clocked slash is inferior to Yami's. He only ever used a light magic spell once during the entire fight and Mereoleona decimated it with a large spell. Swords of Conviction isn't even the fastest attack Light Magic users can pull off; though she deserves the credit for reacting quick enough. All things considered, Mereoleona is exceedingly fast but she's not up there with the light magic users.

Last edited:
Lumiere for sure.
Patry for Sure.
Julius above the speed of light.
But you said Patry is slower than Lumiere so wouldn’t that make Lumiere FTL too ?

Do you agree with Mereoleona being as fast as Patry ? I think she’s at least as fast as Patry if not slightly faster.

Also I’m pretty sure Julius himself said he was slower than Patry... that’s why Patry was able to fight him despite being significantly weaker.

Faster than Rhya, Slower than Patry.

Julius wasn't even 50% serious during this battle because of William's body.
You think there’s a big speed gap between Rhya and Patry ?

Julius says he’s slower than Patry while rescuing Asta back in the beginning of the series IIRC.

My intention with this fight is that Mereoleona is in the exact same situation Patry was in so Julius is in exactly the same mindset he was in in the Patry fight

You need to take his words with the grain of salt. He has this behavior of not talking so high about himself.

Even tho he said that we have on-screen proof that he moves/reacts to the speed of light.

I think Patry is way faster than Rhya. Mereoleona using Fire Magic was faster already so imagine Light magic-user.

Mereoleona wouldn't do well against Julius even with bloodlust. At least not with her magic type.

People really underestimate Julius because of his fights with Patry which is weird for me.

The dude was doing everything to not even scratch William's body.

Remember the moment where he showed up behind Patry. ( Also confirmation of Julius being above the speed of light ).

Patry was surprised how fas that were.

Julius had everything in place to one-shot Patry but he only destroyed his Light magic weapon and talked to him.
Again in this battle, I’ve specifically said Julius is in the same mindset as he was in the fight against Patry so he’ll be holding back as much as he did against Patry.

Also Mereoleona is probably the most skilled Reinforcement magic user in the entire series, so her being crazy fast and FTL isn’t far-fetched.