Versus Battle Jaime Lannister (Game of Thrones) vs Boromir (LOTR)

Who will win ?

• Total voters

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Boromir the Tall kicks Jaime Lannister's ass in either iteration.

In the movies, he's fighting better than Uruk Hai from Isengard and taking them out with ease despite being one man against many. Jaime Lannister never really has anything like this in the show. In fact, he's captured during the battle of Whispering Woods (an ambush I know) and taken hostage by multiple regular men.

Round 2 is a stomp because the books rarely, if ever, have swordsman be that proficient or flashy like in the show. Whereas Boromir is the Captain who managed to retake and hold Osgiliath for a time against the masses of Mordor and has the blood of Numenor running through his veins, which sorta kinda makes him superior to any other man.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
has the blood of Numenor running through his veins, which sorta kinda makes him superior to any other man.
I just checked again and I think Boromir wasn't really worthy of that blood and didn't have the Numenor's blood inside him

Here Gandalf talking to Pippin about Denethor :

"He is not as other men of this time, Pippin, and whatever be his descent from father to son, by some chance the blood of Westernesse runs nearly true in him; as it does in his other son, Faramir, and yet did not in Boromir whom he loved best."​

Round 2 is a stomp because the books rarely, if ever, have swordsman be that proficient or flashy like in the show.
In the books Jaime is quite good, the guy is a killer machine

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I just checked again and I think Boromir wasn't really worthy of that blood and didn't have the Numenor's blood inside him

Here Gandalf talking to Pippin about Denethor :

"He is not as other men of this time, Pippin, and whatever be his descent from father to son, by some chance the blood of Westernesse runs nearly true in him; as it does in his other son, Faramir, and yet did not in Boromir whom he loved best."
Wasn't that in reference to the character of Faramir's, as opposed to their biological abilities?
In the books Jaime is quite good, the guy is a killer machine
And still a man though. Tbh I don't think Prime Jaime Lannister makes it to top 5 in the ASOIAF fighters list.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Jamie rekts Boromir

Jamie Lannister was so good he became a knight at like 13 years old and was killing since then.

He was trained by Arthur Dayne and Barriston Selmy

Jamie himself said there are only 3 fighters in the whole GoT universe that could give him a challenge

He killed bunch load of big name Knights and was pretty much undefeated in a 1v1

Boromir on other hand. While he is an amazing fighter in his own right he didnt show anything close to Jamie

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Yeah, he says it in season two though I didn't read the books so I don't know
In the books I think I'd put a few characters above him for certain. In the show?

The Mountain Who Rides would devastate Jaime.
Barristan Selmy has a solid chance.
Oberyn Martell might be a contender.

I wouldn't assume Sandor, though I think Sandor would eat Jaime in the show.

In the books I think I'd put a few characters above him for certain. In the show?

prime jaime would outwit sandor
imo and still win

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ

I saw a lot of people say Jaime is far better in the books than he is in the show.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
h

havent read the books
how impressive is brienne of tarth in it
cause in the show , she was > sandor
Lmao she's above average but nothing fancy. She was taking on Biter or Rorge can't remember who, and almost died. One of Robert's Bastards had to help her.
Post automatically merged:

I saw a lot of people say Jaime is far better in the books than he is in the show.
There's a lot more top tier fighters in the books that I'd put on or above Jaime's level. Garlan Tyrell, as one, isn't as well known because he doesn't fight in tourney's. He regularly does 2v1's though and practices for real combat. Victarion Greyjoy's pretty much a beast too.

Not to detract from Jaime at all. He's def one of the best. But he's no Arthur Dayne. Selmy trains some Essosi in Meereen and compares a few of the better and younger "squires" to Jaime's inherent talent IIRC. So he's not this sword god.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
There's a lot more top tier fighters in the books that I'd put on or above Jaime's level. Garlan Tyrell, as one, isn't as well known because he doesn't fight in tourney's. He regularly does 2v1's though and practices for real combat. Victarion Greyjoy's pretty much a beast too.

Not to detract from Jaime at all. He's def one of the best. But he's no Arthur Dayne. Selmy trains some Essosi in Meereen and compares a few of the better and younger "squires" to Jaime's inherent talent IIRC. So he's not this sword god.
Is Dayne the best even in the books? How strong is Drago?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Is Dayne the best even in the books? How strong is Drago?
Don't get me started on anything Dothraki related. GRRM made them stupidly strong for the dumbest reasons.

Any competent knight would take Drogo down.
so who is the strongest in the books
I'm of the opinion Young Robert Baratheon is. He's described as a massive man, not quite Mountain Levels, but a born warrior. He wielded a war hammer so massive even Ned Stark could barely hold it. He's too big, too skilled and too menacing for most characters to get through. Rhaegar Targaryen wasn't a bad fighter either, having unlanced Barristan Selmy at the Tourney of Harrenhal after 11 lances were broken on each other's shields.

It's either Bobby B, Dayne or Aemon Dragonknight as the top fighter. The latter most is a Targaryen who was known as a capable bodyguard and fighter during the later Dornish wars. He's basically a lot of hype and IMO is just what someone like Arthur Dayne would be in a century—his accomplishments blown out of proportion.

Don't get me started on anything Dothraki related. GRRM made them stupidly strong for the dumbest reasons.

Any competent knight would take Drogo down.

I'm of the opinion Young Robert Baratheon is. He's described as a massive man, not quite Mountain Levels, but a born warrior. He wielded a war hammer so massive even Ned Stark could barely hold it. He's too big, too skilled and too menacing for most characters to get through. Rhaegar Targaryen wasn't a bad fighter either, having unlanced Barristan Selmy at the Tourney of Harrenhal after 11 lances were broken on each other's shields.

It's either Bobby B, Dayne or Aemon Dragonknight as the top fighter. The latter most is a Targaryen who was known as a capable bodyguard and fighter during the later Dornish wars. He's basically a lot of hype and IMO is just what someone like Arthur Dayne would be in a century—his accomplishments blown out of proportion.
wow
robert looked so shitty in the show
perhaps cause he was out of his prime
from your description they should have chose a bigger actor