ONE PIECE CHAPTER 992: REMNANTS

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if you ignore some consistency issues and Kinemon, Raizo & Co. suddenly looking 500% stronger and more capable than they've done for nearly a decade, it was indeed a very good chapter.

Fighting panels were done nicely, the flow was right and Black Maria playing a shamisen song in the background really set up a great atmosphere.

Credit where credit is due.

Last edited:
No...he is still a pirate with freedom...he does as he pleases, never bows against his ideals...he himself said he is not "hero"...he fights for his friends or for the people he feels as his family and for that he never hesitates to do more evil...he messed up ID and became the reason for the escape of criminals just for his brother...and he never advertises himself as a good person....
Pirates are bad, they stay 'true to their nature'. Your words. Luffy does not represent the 'true nature of a pirate'.
Luffy literaly saves whole islands and helps people he don't know. That's nothing a pirate would do.
If Luffy sees himself as a hero or not doesn't matter. It's about what he does and what he does is helping people.

You know the saying, exception proofs the point.
He didn't care about his surroundings because he wanted to save a loved one - sounds like pretty much every person. And that doesn't make him a bad person, because of one thing lol.
He saved multiple islands and thousands of people from bad guys. Bonney even said to Zoro what Pirate would help a person. Zoro brought a random guy to the hospital. The SH's are real Pirates!

To make sure you understand that dragon form does not work. İf he switched to hybrid or human form quickly, than you would cry ‘why dont he use the drago form???’
Dragon Kaido is an easy target tho. His size and durability obviously don't help, otherwise the scabbards wouldn't demolish him that much. Hence a hybrid form which is faster, more agile and still absolutely powerful should be more logical. Hell, his base form should be more logical as well.

But let's wait what Kaido will show in the next chapter... Except spamming boro breaths and screaming...

This chapter is both good and bad at the same time
The good part is the moment with peros and marco with big mom, and seeing all those fancy attacks from the scabbards
The bad part is that aside from oden this oden that, is how seeing Neko and Inu fight really makes me hate the fact that Oda skipped their battle against Jack
And also, why didn't Kaido used the black armament stuff already or the observation? He's getting slashed and pierced here and there and it doesn't seems like he used any haki at all
Wait, now that I think of it, aside from Conqueror, was Kaido ever used the other 2 haki at all?
Does this bastard only rely on his brute strength and df power to become a Yonko?
I have to reread chapters to make sure, I don't remember seeing him used observation or the black armament
What about yonko clash?
I thought splitting the sky into two parts was a sign of a collision of the Haki Yonko level's.
WB and Shanks
Kaido and BM

Pirates are bad, they stay 'true to their nature'. Your words. Luffy does not represent the 'true nature of a pirate'.
Luffy literaly saves whole islands and helps people he don't know. That's nothing a pirate would do.
If Luffy sees himself as a hero or not doesn't matter. It's about what he does and what he does is helping people.

You know the saying, exception proofs the point.
He didn't care about his surroundings because he wanted to save a loved one - sounds like pretty much every person. And that doesn't make him a bad person, because of one thing lol.
He saved multiple islands and thousands of people from bad guys. Bonney even said to Zoro what Pirate would help a person. Zoro brought a random guy to the hospital. The SH's are real Pirates!
Well, the pirates in one piece seem to be different than pirates in our world, to be fair
Pirates in one piece are more about being mercenaries and business syndicate

G

Gorosei Informer

Anyone else wondering what Black Maria is actually up to? She's not getting involved but just hiding away playing music and singing. Does she have her own ulterior motives? A spy? Seems like Yamato, Shinobu and Momo are about to encounter her too? Yamato vs Maria incoming?

"Our paths will cross for this is enchantment!"
Wonder if that enchantment lyric could allude to some kind of siren-like ability or something? Maybe she could be one of these?:

Yama-uba, Japanese mythology, there are various accounts on how she looks, either an old hag with cannibalistic tendencies or as a beautiful maiden. She can be either a terrible monster that tries to kill anyone or a fair spirit that could give you gifts and luck if you were kind. They say she sings, in the mountains where she lives, while washing her long hair.

I've been waiting for a "Yuki onna/a snow woman" but Monet seems to be the closest thing to that. I think Maria is gonna be a zoan and hopefully a mythical rather than another ancient/dinosaur one.

Well, if you ignore some consistency issues and Kinemon, Raizo & Co. suddenly looking 500% stronger and more capable than they've done for nearly a decade, it was indeed a very good chapter.

Fighting panels were done nicely, the flow was right and Black Maria playing a shamisen song in the background really set up a great atmosphere.

Credit where credit is due.
They don't look stronger, you just underestimated the people they were up against. It's not like Raizo or Kinemon are fighting Kaido 1 v. 1. Kinemon stated since Punk Hazard "There is no flame I can't cut".

G

Gorosei Informer

So does Raizo has a Scroll Devil Fruit or how does this work? And don't say Ninjutsu...
It's funny you should ask that, as I've been pondering that too. I've noticed the Maki Maki can translate to this:
And I think it is a scroll scroll fruit given what we saw, it would be very fitting. Hawkins' Straw fruit can do some really crazy voodoo stuff so I don't think this is a stretch either.

Kinemon called his DF a "jutsu" I believe too? When he was using it?
:choppawhat::zorothink:

Big Mom said a very interesting and familiar phrase here, wonder if it will allude to anything in future too like Xebec or Roger? Made me have POTC flashbacks too:
:vistalaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.