Questions & Mysteries Why are some people considering Oden to be levels below Mihawk ?

If anything, featwise, and even screenwise, Oden is higher than him :
- He did fight a whole 3 days the strongest crew in the world, and stayed clean.
- he was not far away to kill kaido if it wasn't for the Plot, and this by beeing with only 9 men, against more than 5k men, and weapons, and tricky opponents, and pretty strong lieutnants.
- Overall he showed more feats, and astonishing ones, that never showed mihawk : When he was a teen, he managed to put the WSM in his guard with a no name attack - at this time he was already WSM -, and to admit his power so much that he said he doesn't want him in his crew. So much that he called him his "brother', that says it all for the WSM. Meanwhile, a way more older Mihawk, in his very prime tried to attack an old, sick, deadbeard, just to be neg attack diffed by a weak YC3 commander, to end up without even touching deadbeard...
- He has COC, the skill of the creme de la creme, that didn't ever showed mihawk despite beeing in the serie since the beginning, meaning he probably hasn't it and won't have it.

What did Mihawk did and have as a feat ?
- deafeating the 2200 dourikis marimo dude ? Who in this time didn't even got 500 dourikis ?
- Stalling a rookie called shanks - in that time he was very far away to be a yonko, storywise, age wise, and obviously power wise.

I don't see it to be fair.
If anything, those individuals have to admit that these two are probably close to each other in their prime which is arguable, but no, most say that mihawk basically neg diff him.

@Natalija @Fujishiro @Zara
Post automatically merged:

@Tejas

Last edited:
Oden got stoopid hype by oda

Mihawk being stronger is fine but people over exaggerate the gap od
exactly, i have yet to see same hype for Mihawk, or feat.
While Oden standed out even in the war between the two strongest crew in their very prime, Mihawk was just another high tier/top tier individual in the marineford war where there were arguably not any top tier in their prime beside him.

exactly, i have yet to see same hype for Mihawk, or feat.
While Oden standed out even in the war between the two strongest crew in their very prime, Mihawk was just another high tier/top tier individual in the marineford war where there were arguably not any top tier in their prime beside him.
Man legit had the pirate king and worlds strongest man all over him

Even now kaido arguably the top dog right now is obsessed with the idea of oden 20 years later

To make mihawk/Zoro look stronger, most arguments why heโ€™s stronger dnt even make sense.

Itโ€™s extremely weird that admiral/sword tards claim 20years ago Kaido= current Kaido. Yet claim mihawk significantly stronger then oden. Almost as if they randomly forgot Kaido stronger then mihawk.

U get the Mihawk WSS argument, that literally makes no sense. As heโ€™s strongest now not all time. An his main 2 competitors are missing Eyes/ an a damn arm. While oden competing in arguably the strongest sword age.

We also have the Black Blade argument. Only none of actual us know shit about a black blade or how itโ€™s formed. So using that would obviously be Flawed.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
โ€Ž
I wouldn't say he's massively above Oden, it's just that Oden himself is massively underrated in WG. Oden is definitely up there in the cusp of top tier territory.

Mihawk is above this. Obviously.

Unless you believe that Oden is stronger than everyone else in the (current) verse bar Akainu, you can't put him on the same level or above Mihawk

I wouldn't say he's massively above Oden, it's just that Oden himself is massively underrated in WG. Oden is definitely up there in the cusp of top tier territory.

Mihawk is above this. Obviously.

Unless you believe that Oden is stronger than everyone else in the (current) verse bar Akainu, you can't put him on the same level or above Mihawk
As i said, despite Oda hiding us every top tier fight in the current verse we still saw among the top tier, individuals who showed better feat than mihawk did :
- shanks
- Magellan
- BB
- Sengoku
- Big Mom/Kaido

At the very least, and we can argue about Raylegh.
This is only REAL featwise.

If we talk about hype then Garp, Dragon, Imu, and maybe the gorosei even is above.

So i don't think AT ALL that Mihawk or Akainu are the strongest : This is not a coincidence that these are the two most loved individuals among those who are sword/admirals fan boys.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
โ€Ž
@zaman You love saying "feats" when his literal title and protrayal puts him directly above one of the mentioned yonkos in your post, so I guess you love to ignore protrayal. But ok let's talk "feats".

Mihawks best feat in the series of what little we've seen so far-

Casually slashed and disintegrated a mountain+ sized block of ice several miles away with just the wind pressure of his blade. This wasn't a wind cannon, nor was it a named attack. It was merely residue from a swing of his blade.

As i said, despite Oda hiding us every top tier fight in the current verse we still saw among the top tier, individuals who showed better feat than mihawk did :
- shanks
- Magellan
- BB
- Sengoku
- Big Mom/Kaido
Have they shown anything comparable to a casual Mihawk slash?

-Shanks? When?

-Mallegan? Never lol. He's got the highest lethality I will give you that with venom demon.

- BB - I mean if he couldn't eclipse mountain level with the fruit that causes earthquakes when simply shaking a fist, then I would have been severely disappointed.

-Sengoku? Are you trolling? He was by far the biggest disappointment in the war. His punch got offset by pretimeskip G3. ( Plot amour yes, but where's the dc?)

- Kaido/ Big Mom - Currently focused heavily on yonkos and both these characters. We should actually be hoping for far more than what we're getting right now. Their dc are comparable to casual Mihawk even though they're getting alot more focus.

Now will I go on to say Mihawk neg diffs based on this alone? No of course not. Oda hasn't shown what the others or Mihawk can do fully. He hasn't explored all the characters or their full arcs yet. (Mallegen excluded)

Yonko will ofc have dc higher than mountain based on scaling alone even if it's not shown, and that's why i don't shit on them.

So why are you trying to downplay Mihawk when he's not even been been pushed in a fight, nor has had much story focus ?

Last edited:
Z
oden has a 21 great grade sword while mihawk has a 12 supreme grade sword

oden couldn't turn enma black while mihawk could turn yoru black

zoro got enma because he's the one who's going to surpass oden by turning enma black, which will make enma finally equally to yoru

all the signs point to mihawk > oden > zoro

oden has a 21 great grade sword while mihawk has a 12 supreme grade sword

oden couldn't turn enma black while mihawk could turn yoru black

zoro got enma because he's the one who's going to surpass oden by turning enma black, which will make enma finally equally to yoru

all the signs point to mihawk > oden > zoro
it's funny that Sword only fans are this one sided power and skill wise : Because one has the best sword and swordman skill, it must mean that he is stronger than any other swordman.
But what they forget is that not everybody is this one sided : Oden and Shanks are not mere swordmen as Mihawk and Zoro are : They have COC, and are the best on it especially for Shanks, while Mihawk and Zoro will never have it, and overall they don't actually rely that much on their sword, they see it usually as an utensil, as did WB.

it's funny that Sword only fans are this one sided power and skill wise : Because one has the best sword and swordman skill, it must mean that he is stronger than any other swordman.
But what they forget is that not everybody is this one sided : Oden and Shanks are not mere swordmen as Mihawk and Zoro are : They have COC, and are the best on it especially for Shanks, while Mihawk and Zoro will never have it, and overall they don't actually rely that much on their sword, they see it usually as an utensil, as did WB.
What does CoC got to do with anything. Oden still a swordsman

Despite being chapter 992 we know almost nothing of Mihawk real strength.

We never saw him loose or fighting an equal on panels.

So... We just have "Shanks", "Aokiji Ice", "Vista", and "World Strongest Swordsman"

If anything, featwise, and even screenwise, Oden is higher than him :
- He did fight a whole 3 days the strongest crew in the world, and stayed clean.
- he was not far away to kill kaido if it wasn't for the Plot, and this by beeing with only 9 men, against more than 5k men, and weapons, and tricky opponents, and pretty strong lieutnants.
- Overall he showed more feats, and astonishing ones, that never showed mihawk : When he was a teen, he managed to put the WSM in his guard with a no name attack - at this time he was already WSM -, and to admit his power so much that he said he doesn't want him in his crew. So much that he called him his "brother', that says it all for the WSM. Meanwhile, a way more older Mihawk, in his very prime tried to attack an old, sick, deadbeard, just to be neg attack diffed by a weak YC3 commander, to end up without even touching deadbeard...
- He has COC, the skill of the creme de la creme, that didn't ever showed mihawk despite beeing in the serie since the beginning, meaning he probably hasn't it and won't have it.

What did Mihawk did and have as a feat ?
- deafeating the 2200 dourikis marimo dude ? Who in this time didn't even got 500 dourikis ?
- Stalling a rookie called shanks - in that time he was very far away to be a yonko, storywise, age wise, and obviously power wise.

I don't see it to be fair.
If anything, those individuals have to admit that these two are probably close to each other in their prime which is arguable, but no, most say that mihawk basically neg diff him.

@Natalija @Fujishiro @Zara
Post automatically merged:

@Tejas
Mihawk is the World Strongest Swordsman.
Showed twice in an intro-box pre and post TS...