Powers & Abilities On Zooan forms

Which is why I mentioned their final versus. "Max effect in combat" is what they all will pursuit in a definitive battle in which Oda won't need to restrain himself from showing their hybrid designs. If those ancient zoan don't resort to hybrid in an all-out fight then you may have a point, until then what we've truly seen is that virtually any serious fight that requires a zoan's max combat effect ends up with the user going hybrid.
Luffy vs Ulti already disproves this.

She went full Zoan from Hybrid to deliver a more powerful attack

Facts. There's no stronger form, just more convenient. It's hilarious how certain users are already ranking Dragon Kaido as a low top tier and work their way upwards.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Hybrid>base>zoan in 99% of cases.
Exception - Kaido vs Scabbards, Zoan seems to be the best suitable to handle large numbers which cant hurt him significantly.

Zoan may be the most durable form but it is always the one least suitable for proper combat.
Hybrid is better than base in literally everything since it is base form enhanced through animal traits.

Facts. There's no stronger form, just more convenient. It's hilarious how certain users are already ranking Dragon Kaido as a low top tier and work their way upwards.
They're comparing a small cat like Lucci tons Dragon like Kaido and saying it's weird that Kaido prefers to be in a form that grants him flight, fire breath, thunder breath, and slashing winds rather when Lucci didn't want to be a cat

Luffy vs Ulti already disproves this.

She went full Zoan from Hybrid to deliver a more powerful attack
So we should assume that Page One's bite in full beast would have been a more powerful attack than his slap in hybrid?

Again, there's no disproof. If Ulti ends up relying on hybrid when her actual versus happens then your "disproof" will be gone. For all we know Kaido may be about to destroy de Scabbards in base after losing the upper hand in full beast, and odds are that every ancient zoan in this arc will turn hybrid as soon as the battle actually requires a consistent, maximum boost in strength; just like virtually every zoan user in the whole manga.

So we should assume that Page One's bite in full beast would have been a more powerful attack than his slap in hybrid?

Again, there's no disproof. If Ulti ends up relying on hybrid when her actual versus happens then your "disproof" will be gone. For all we know Kaido may be about to destroy de Scabbards in base after losing the upper hand in full beast, and odds are that every ancient zoan in this arc will turn hybrid as soon as the battle actually requires a consistent, maximum boost in strength; just like virtually every zoan user in the whole manga.

Chopper.

Edit; Didn't Jack literally battle to the KO with just his Full Zoan form?

Edit: Consistent framework, different abilities have different trade offs and different forms take advantage of that.

Last edited:
Chopper actually fights in hybrids forms most of the time, and in fact his basic hybrid/Brain Point was first introduced as very important in battle, but he's quite a non-representative example because of being a reindeer with a human fruit instead of a human with whatever animal power and having tons of modified hybrids.

Edit; Didn't Jack literally battle to the KO with just his Full Zoan form?
He also went base as soon as Nekomamushi tossed him in Zou and seemingly stayed like that against a whole army considering Wanda's memories on the battle. And I'd say that he only fought the sulong minks in animal form because Oda wants to save his hybrid for his ultimate versus in Wano and not some in-verse power logic.

Edit: Consistent framework, different abilities have different trade offs and different forms take advantage of that.
The problem is that like 90% of the time, when the fight was actually definitive or simply serious and demanding, zoan user went hybrid. This has happened in literally every final versus with an enemy (Boa sisters, Lucci, Jabra, Kaku, Funkfreed, Miss Merry Christmas) and in most of the cases (if not all of them) that a good guy faced a rival that required his full strength (Marco, Chaka, Pell, Bian, Kabu, Dalton... even Chopper has never defeated a strong adversary without resorting to one of his rumble hybrids, if I recall correctly).

Kaido just went back to human ready to end things with the scabbards, just like he defeated Luffy and Oden after doing next to nothing as a dragon. And odds are that most if not all of the Beasts Pirates will turn hybrid to handle their final versus. Yeah, Ulti went full beast against Luffy, but Page One went hybrid against Sanji; Jack was defeated in mammoth form, but soon went human in Zou; and even tertiary characters like Epoida, Dalmatian or Onigumo mainly relied on their hybrids when they fought in Marineford. Against all of these examples you can only bring one or two people like Pekoms and Chopper and characters who didn't have their actual, serious match yet (like the Beasts Pirates).

Of course we can say that some abilities have their own strengths in full animal, but Oda has been pretty consistent on portraying hybrid form as the strongest as a whole. In all case, the other two may have (not all of them, which makes it really hard to establish a rule) situational strengths for particular contexts, but that's pretty much it while hybrid is consistently the most reliable bar Chopper, who on the other hand took advantage of science to create artificial hybrids that are far above his animal form.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
The fact Oda is purposefully withholding Hybrid from the Calamities is a sure fire sign it’s superior to the others. Don’t take it literally when someone says hybrid is stronger — we don’t mean physically but the cumulative power makes it greater than any form.

We really just need to look at Cipher Pol 9 to see this. Why wouldn’t ancient zoans likewise be much more combat ready / superior to their other forms in Hybrid like Rob Lucci or Jabra? Stronger zoan forms just indicates stronger hybrids.

The fact Oda is purposefully withholding Hybrid from the Calamities is a sure fire sign it’s superior to the others. Don’t take it literally when someone says hybrid is stronger — we don’t mean physically but the cumulative power makes it greater than any form.

We really just need to look at Cipher Pol 9 to see this. Why wouldn’t ancient zoans likewise be much more combat ready / superior to their other forms in Hybrid like Rob Lucci or Jabra? Stronger zoan forms just indicates stronger hybrids.
Oh yeah, yeah. But it's not like...Hybrid >>> Full Zoan. For ancient Zoans and Dragons I would say that it's more of a contextual thing. Sure, they'll probably resort to a hybrid form when they want to fight seriously and tactically, but in terms of sheer power, I think Page One and Drake and Ulti etc are going to be physically more powerful in their Full Zoan forms, which is why the Beast Pirates didn't react when she was hybrid, but cried out when she went Full Zoan.

You can't simply say well this guy with "this animal went hybrid" ignoring that most DF users don't actually ever show their Full Zoan forms at all.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Oh yeah, yeah. But it's not like...Hybrid >>> Full Zoan. For ancient Zoans and Dragons I would say that it's more of a contextual thing. Sure, they'll probably resort to a hybrid form when they want to fight seriously and tactically, but in terms of sheer power, I think Page One and Drake and Ulti etc are going to be physically more powerful in their Full Zoan forms, which is why the Beast Pirates didn't react when she was hybrid, but cried out when she went Full Zoan.

You can't simply say well this guy with "this animal went hybrid" ignoring that most DF users don't actually ever show their Full Zoan forms at all.
And Tankman >>> Boundman in physical power but we don’t say that’s the strongest form do we? Hybrids are the form used when someone wants to fight at 100%. Zoan forms are situational.

Exception - Kaido vs Scabbards, Zoan seems to be the best suitable to handle large numbers which cant hurt him significantly.

Zoan may be the most durable form but it is always the one least suitable for proper combat.
Hybrid is better than base in literally everything since it is base form enhanced through animal traits.
Then why did Kaido go to base in this chapter? Base Kaido > Dragon Kaido in all scenarios

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Then why did Kaido go to base in this chapter? Base Kaido > Dragon Kaido in all scenarios
So Scabbards can mess him up more and easier, I guess.
I know that the story is making it look like he went into a mode in which he can defeat them easier but I think it's throwing us off.
We saw that in the end, their damage to Zoan form ended up in nothing ultimately. Let's see how much damage they can do to base.

So Scabbards can mess him up more and easier, I guess.
I know that the story is making it look like he went into a mode in which he can defeat them easier but I think it's throwing us off.
We saw that in the end, their damage to Zoan form ended up in nothing ultimately. Let's see how much damage they can do to base.
The scabbards already landed the same hit that Oden landed. It would be weird imo if the Scabbards were to start doing even better

And Tankman >>> Boundman in physical power but we don’t say that’s the strongest form do we? Hybrids are the form used when someone wants to fight at 100%. Zoan forms are situational.
On what planet is Tankman >>> Boundman in physical power? Boundman fodderizes Tankman. Tankman is just the defensive form. There is no equivalent in Zooan.

No it isn't. We've seen P1's Hybrid form, and Oda still goes in and out of Full Zooan. You can't even make the "best for last" argument here.

Have we seen a hybrid form of the mythical Zoan????

Marco, Devon and Orochi seems to be able to transform just some parts os theirs bodies, but dont use a hybrid form, pehaps the mythicals dont have one.

About Kaido, what if this base form is the hybrid form, his normal form is a Dragon and he have a Hito Hito no mi model Ancient Giant?

This is like asking why did Katakuri stop using awakening when he used Mochi Drill? Kaido can't use a weapon in his dragon form. I have a suspicion he won't be able to use it in hybrid either.

You mostly use a weapon as a finisher, which are slow/hard to land. For increased agility you use base form. That's why Katakuri dropped his Mochi weapon once he acknowledged Luffy as his equal. He couldn't land it any longer.

Last edited:
Are you clapped? He transformed into the dragon to fight them
Post automatically merged:

Chopper
Did you read the latest chapter?
Post automatically merged:

This is like asking why did Katakuri stop using awakening when he used Mochi Drill? Kaido can't use a weapon in his dragon form. I have a suspicion he won't be able to use it in hybrid either.

You mostly use a weapon as a finisher, which are slow/hard to land. For increased agility you use base form. That's why Katakuri dropped his Mochi weapon once he acknowledged Luffy as his equal. He couldn't land it any longer.
How is Thunder Bagua slow? Kaido literally speed blitzed Luffy with it. Also why wouldn’t Kaido be able to use his club? He would retain his human hands