Powers & Abilities Pre-Wano Luffy CoA vs Zoro CoA

Which CoA is better?

• Total voters

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Imagine actually saying Zoro had better CoA than Luffy at any point in time, while Luffy has always been in greater need of it because he fights enemies that are far stronger than the enemies Zoro fights. Zoro has never had CoA that approaches Luffy, just like Sanji has never had CoO that approaches Luffy. Has not and would not ever make any sense.
Why do you lie to yourself?

Dressrosa:
Luffy vs chinjao
Luffy vs Bellamy
Luffy vs doflamingo

Zoro vs pica

Wci:
Luffy vs cracker
Luffy vs katakuri
https://imgur.com/a/XEmHT0y

Onigashima:
Luffy vs ulti
https://imgur.com/a/3YBpJ9y

Zoro vs apoo
https://imgur.com/a/o13nUku
doesnt matter lmao
luffy couldn t do jack shit to kaido
kinemon can
zoro tames enma something kin wouldn t
zoro>kin>luffy pre wano haki

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
doesnt matter lmao
kinemon can
Kinemon, kiku, etc. don't have stronger haki than luffy. They just had a skill luffy hadn't learned yet

Like marigold knows barrier haki, the kuja in general can imbue their arrows with haki, vergo can coat his whole body, most weapon users with haki can coat them with it

All skills luffy likely couldn't do
Yet it still doesn't make his armament weaker than theirs

Dont forget to add hody and ulti breaking his haki too.
Katakuri ulti and apoo are at the bottom the images just didn't load

doesnt matter lmao
kinemon can
You think Zoro can defend against a one shot?

Whiles Zoro is actually confirmed having Oden level haki.
Oden had tamed Enma in his adolescence
It's fact that he was capable of Zoro's feat(using the sword) as early as before he had his first follower, and this was when fodder and Ashura doji 20 years ago were still a high diff+ fight for him

Oden had tamed Enma in his adolescence
It's fact that he was capable of Zoro's feat(using the sword) as early as before he had his first follower, and this was when fodder and Ashura doji 20 years ago were still a high diff+ fight for him
yet kin doesnt even want to touch the sword lul
same kin who could cut kaido with ez same kin who has better haki than pre wano luffy
yet zoro tamed it in 1 sec :suresure:

shows that zoro s haki shits on pre wano luffy with ez:myman:

No way of really knowing for sure.

Zoro's Coa got much better hype but since he is a weapon user,the impact of an incoming attack he blocks is also mitigated by the quality of his blades. Sure his Coa made his blades strong enough to withstand the force behind his very attacks but that isn't a direct way of comparison of Coa strength between Luffy and Zoro.

Luffy Coa on the other hand was broken many times through out the new world from Hody to Katakuri but since luffy's mechanism of Coa defence is different from Zoro (weapons vs body),it is not really a proof of weaker armament on Luffy's part.

The enemies encountered are also a factor;Doffy,Cracker, Katakuri etc...all have above average to great armament haki while Zoro's opponents' hardening haki are nigh featless .

For a direct comparison,we will need Zoro to defend his body with armament and see what the result is.

For now,I think Zoro had the edge in Coa hardening pre Wano cause' much better hype .

Last edited:
Didn't know that Luffy was confirmed having haki greater than Oden

Whiles Zoro is actually confirmed having Oden level haki.

The Scabbards also have superior COA to Luffy
Kaido commented that the scabbards haki wasn’t at oden strength even all together.
And zolo hasn’t even used a Ryou attack yet so stop the headcannon.
Luffy has superior haki in all forms to his crewmates

Didn't know that Luffy was confirmed having haki greater than Oden
The problem in this thread is that each of you guys are only use high end feats for your faves and use low end feats for the opposition.

Like right now you are saying you didn't know Luffy had greater armament than Oden.

Somebody will counter attack asking you if Apoo who blocked Zoro's attack has better armament than Oden himself.

At the end of the day,I think Zoro has better Coa but saying things like "Oden level haki" isn't helping us right now as controlling Enma isn't indicative of having same level of armament as Oden(at age 39),at least until he cuts Kaido.

But then again that's arguing future events in the present.
I want to see both of them using Coa in the same way(body to defend or sword for both) and then we can compare them directly.

Last edited:
Zoro's CoA > Luffy's CoA before Udon training.
Sanji's CoO > Luffy's CoO before Katakuri fight.
Current Luffy's CoO and CoA shits on both Zoro and Sanji.:kayneshrug:
Zoro actually improved his CoA more than Luffy did if we are talking about Wano improvements.

The latter was taught advanced haki but the former underwent a legit training instead, so if you believe they had similar CoAs before entering Wano then Zoro's is currently superior actually.

Also Zoro's training should have improved his physical stats in general as well.

Zoro actually improved his CoA more than Luffy did if we are talking about Wano improvements.

The latter was taught advanced haki but the former underwent a legit training instead, so if you believe they had similar CoAs before entering Wano then Zoro's is currently superior actually.

Also Zoro's training should have improved his physical stats in general as well.
I mean Luffy got training in Udon too ya know:kayneshrug:So far, I don't see Zoro using any barrier/internal haki that Luffy have been using right now but we shall see.:kata:

I mean Luffy got training in Udon too ya know:kayneshrug:So far, I don't see Zoro using any barrier/internal haki that Luffy have been using right now but we shall see.:kata:
I know but Luffy's training wasn't like the Enma training, this is what I meant. So I used "legit training" to say it is a very concrete one. In fact I don't see how Zoro possibly did not attain advanced haki just like Luffy. He just needs to show off his new feats now.

Long answer short: not applicable. They fight different opponents in much different ways. Zoro doesn't need his Haki to be stronger since he uses a weapon and not his body, but there's little room to believe that Haki alone would protect Luffy (as opposed to Haki and skill or even skill alone) if they were to fight, because Haki doesn't mean invincibility against any halfway respectable opponent. Like fucking Hody got through, come on now.

Much of this thread is an exercise in arbitrary bullshit on headcanon mathematics