Powers & Abilities Pre-Wano Luffy CoA vs Zoro CoA

Which CoA is better?

• Total voters
The problem in this thread is that each of you guys are only use high end feats for your faves and use low end feats for the opposition.

Like right now you are saying you didn't know Luffy had greater armament than Oden.

Somebody will counter attack asking you if Apoo who blocked Zoro's attack has better armament than Oden himself.

At the end of the day,I think Zoro has better Coa but saying things like "Oden level haki" isn't helping us right now as controlling Enma isn't indicative of having same level of armament as Oden(at age 39),at least until he cuts Kaido.

But then again that's arguing future events in the present.
I want to see both of them using Coa in the same way(body to defend or sword for both) and then we can compare them directly.
Yeah I agree but it is more fun this way.

Also the fact that Zoro says he would get stronger from getting used to sword suggest that COA is at least a contributing factor.

And when it comes to getting haki broken, Luffy's has had several low end feats in that respect. His top end feat in that has to be against Cracker. However, Cracker's feats in COA cannot be quantified. He sure as hell won't be able to wield Enma either.

The final one deals with Kinemon and co using Oden level haki

Yeah I agree but it is more fun this way.

Also the fact that Zoro says he would get stronger from getting used to sword suggest that COA is at least a contributing factor.

And when it comes to getting haki broken, Luffy's has had several low end feats in that respect. His top end feat in that has to be against Cracker. However, Cracker's feats in COA cannot be quantified. He sure as hell won't be able to wield Enma either.

The final one deals with Kinemon and co using Oden level haki
Oh if it's fun then my bad..
I thought all of you were actually dead serious.
Luffy has much more low end haki feats true,and his fans should also take them in consideration.

Oh if it's fun then my bad..
I thought all of you were actually dead serious.
Luffy has much more low end haki feats true,and his fans should also take them in consideration.
Yeah because for some reason saying Zoro has Oden level haki gets them.
But in all honesty, it is usually impossible to determine who has stronger COA unless there has been a direct comparison like Cracker vs Luffy and Luffy vs Kuri.

Clashing with Katakuri, Doffy, and Cracker > cutting Pica, a scrub with a bounty lower than Skypeia Luffy.
This doesn't tell us how their Coa relate though..
Post automatically merged:

Clashing with Katakuri, Doffy, and Cracker > cutting Pica, a scrub with a bounty lower than Skypeia Luffy.
This doesn't tell us how their Coa relate though..

Long answer short: not applicable. They fight different opponents in much different ways. Zoro doesn't need his Haki to be stronger since he uses a weapon and not his body, but there's little room to believe that Haki alone would protect Luffy (as opposed to Haki and skill or even skill alone) if they were to fight, because Haki doesn't mean invincibility against any halfway respectable opponent. Like fucking Hody got through, come on now.

Much of this thread is an exercise in arbitrary bullshit on headcanon mathematics
Where were you when Trump was elected :josad:

What even was the Enma training?
The training to master Enma after Zoro had tamed the weapon.

He trained with it in order to empower his own haki basically, other than master the sword.

This was portrayed when Zoro's arm had that change, meaning that his haki was barely able to tame it so he had to master it hence his haki improved by accomplishing so.

I don't think this
This was portrayed when Zoro's arm had that change
implies this
He trained with it in order to empower his own haki basically, other than master the sword.
...To me, Zoro wasn't accustomed to a weapon that drew directly from his internal pool of haki to increase his AP, and so he trained to regulate how much is taken rather
Too much being taken resulted in his wilted arm(potentially worse for weaker swordsmen)
I'm not getting the "empower his own haki" vibe

And even if that was the case; Luffy also trained his haki and physical stats... for a longer period at that

...To me, Zoro wasn't accustomed to a weapon that drew directly from his internal pool of haki to increase his AP, and so he trained to regulate how much is taken rather
Too much being taken resulted in his wilted arm(potentially worse for weaker swordsmen)
I'm not getting the "empower his own haki" vibe

And even if that was the case; Luffy also trained his haki and physical stats... for a longer period at that

The fundamental difference stems from the fact that Luffy's CoA training wasn't as effective as Zoro's.

Luffy's training didn't last as long as Zoro's if we are talking about Luffy trying to get familiar with Adv. Haki.

Furthermore, why would Zoro try to empower his haki like he obviously did (you can grasp that from what happened to his arm) had he no intentions to reach an highter stage? :) he was clearly one step away from advanced ryou given that his basic haki showings were never inferior to Luffy's. Luffy only had the G4 boost, but his haki was still basic.

I say Luffy but who cares

If you want a reason?
I'll give you one,
Zoro's Armament haki game hasn't shown to be so deadly when he clashes with competent characters as much as his haki did with Pica

But just to end it, Zoro still did not face anyone as competent as "Doffy/Cracker/Katakuri"
Thus the idea of his haki getting blocked casually by the likes of Apoo or some other regular character in this arc only tells you that his haki was never above Luffy in armament area! Maybe he had better technique in transmitting his haki to the sword, that's about it, but haki strength is weaker

It's exactly like how Sentumaru or Marigold were people who used the "invisible armor" Ryuu push that Hyogoro was teaching Luffy at first! But in NO WAY they had STRONGER haki than Luffy, just better technique/control.
this is what happens when you skip arc and think one Piece began on fishman island