News One Piece Volume 94 Coming in October

R

Rero💙

Sorry for translating out of order

Reader: Is it a coincidence that Kin’emon’s wife, Otsuru, and Tsuru from the Marine share the same name?

Oda: Oh you’re right—. They have the same name—.
However, do you guys know about “NANA”, that Shojo manga? In that manga, the two main female protagonists are both named “Nana”! They have the same name!! Even though it’s a famous manga!! So, it’s not really a bad thing, is it?
So if one day they met each other, the conversation would go like this:
“I’m also called Tsuru, Tsuru-chan.”

Reader: Oda sensei, do you still read all the postcards and letters yourself?

Oda: I read all of them! Of course I do! And I never dispose them over the course of 22 years(laugh). Because there’re way too many of them, I can’t store them in my house, so I borrowed a room, and all the letters that I’ve finished reading will be sent to that room.
There’re so much of them that one day the floor might fall off!

Thank you!! Those letters contain you guys’ feelings in them, so I won’t throw them away.
I'm surprised Oda know about this shoujo manga! But it it really the best example though since the two Nanas were the protagonists of that manga haha

K!NG HARA$H!MA

Lower than trash
Sorry for translating out of order

Reader: Is it a coincidence that Kin’emon’s wife, Otsuru, and Tsuru from the Marine share the same name?

Oda: Oh you’re right—. They have the same name—.
However, do you guys know about “NANA”, that Shojo manga? In that manga, the two main female protagonists are both named “Nana”! They have the same name!! Even though it’s a famous manga!! So, it’s not really a bad thing, is it?
So if one day they met each other, the conversation would go like this:
“I’m also called Tsuru, Tsuru-chan.”

Reader: Oda sensei, do you still read all the postcards and letters yourself?

Oda: I read all of them! Of course I do! And I never dispose them over the course of 22 years(laugh). Because there’re way too many of them, I can’t store them in my house, so I borrowed a room, and all the letters that I’ve finished reading will be sent to that room.
There’re so much of them that one day the floor might fall off!

Thank you!! Those letters contain you guys’ feelings in them, so I won’t throw them away.
So...can anyone read this in dark theme? :wonderland:

It is a overall new about One piece sales in general, but since the Volume 94 matter for One piece, i post it here right now:
@Emunopla post this on his twitter:
As of October 10, 2019 in Japan, these are the 3 most popular manga sales in 2019: 1 _ One Piece: 8782750 2 _ Kimetsu No Yaiba: 8136912 3 _ Kingdom: 7335173 - At least 6 weeks left on the final results Copy it to bypass One Piece
Seems like Kingdom has his third rang as usually, the manga is amazing as always.
But the most important thing, Kimetsu No Yaiba is right now very close to pass the One piece sales and take for decend time the first place. But even then, the current Volumen just come out of One piece and I think One piece will still reach 10mio sales. But this show that One piece get a another rivale after Naruto and AoT. Hope Kimetsu no Yaiba can make it up, a new rival for Oda would be at this point very good.

@dizzy2341 , @Shin'ya🎭

Last edited:
It is a overall new about One piece sales in general, but since the Volume 94 matter for One piece, i post it here right now:

Seems like Kingdom has his third rang as usually, the manga is amazing as always.
But the most important thing, Kimetsu No Yaiba is right now very close to pass the One piece sales and take for decend time the first place. But even then, the current Volumen just come out of One piece and I think One piece will still reach 10mio sales. But this show that One piece get a another rivale after Naruto and AoT. Hope Kimetsu no Yaiba can make it up, a new rival for Oda would be at this point very good.

@dizzy2341 , @Shin'ya🎭
Damn One Piece nearly lost the first place? that's surprising. If that happens does it mean One Piece is kind of dying?

D

Deleted member 83

@dizzy2341 , @Shin'ya🎭
1, Demon Slayer is close to One Piece in yearly sales, it’s still far behind in terms of sales per volume
OP vol94 first 3 days: 1,182,323
DS vol17 first 3 days: 368,502

2, Demon Slayer is only close to One Piece this year because of an increase in sales in ALL of its volumes due to its anime, while OP is competing against it with just its new volumes.

It’s possible that Demon Slayer might surpass One Piece in yearly sales. However, as much as I love Demon Slayer, you’re overestimating it to say it’s OP’s new rival. Still, I’m extremely excited to see Demon Slayer being as popular as it is now, even if it means I can’t get them because stores are running out of vol17....

Last edited by a moderator:
1, Demon Slayer is close to One Piece in yearly sales, it’s still far behind in terms of sales per volume
OP vol94 first 3 days: 1,182,323
DS vol17 first 3 days: 368,502

2, Demon Slayer is only close to One Piece this year because of an increase in sales in ALL of its volumes due to its anime, while OP is competing against it with just its new volumes.

So, as much as I love Demon Slayer, you’re overestimating it to say it’s OP’s new rival. Still, I’m extremely excited to see Demon Slayer being as popular as it is now, even if it means I can’t get them because stores are running out of vol17....
You made my day better. Thank you :cheers:

Very good point, forget that most important point why KnY get so much sales in very shorttime.
You are right, let see how KnY coming up without the anime push and all volume sales at once for the next year.
But it probably can became then the rival of Kingdom and AoT.

@dizzy2341 , @Shin'ya🎭
Yeah, saw this earlier on twitter. GOATmetsu hype is so real, and I love it! Might have to use a Sanemi avi. Not to mention, many bookstores have totally run out of Demon Slayer volumes so sales would be even higher.

How One Piss is still selling so much is beyond me though.

@playa4321 Just wait till the Lord and Saviour's movie comes out. THAT in 4k with a big screen is gonna see another fat surge in sales, guaranteed.

Last edited:
Yeah, saw this earlier on twitter. GOATmetsu hype is so real, and I love it! Might have to use a Sanemi avi. Not to mention, many bookstores have totally run out of Demon Slayer volumes so sales would be even higher.

How One Piss is still selling so much is beyond me though.

@playa4321 Just wait till the Lord and Saviour's movie comes out. THAT in 4k with a big screen is gonna see another fat surge in sales, guaranteed.
It's new anime syndrome, the anime gets popular and the Manga sales rise, but after a few months the series platues and the sales drop. One Piece selling as many volumes even after 21 plus years while the anime has been only par at best for years is shocking.

It's new anime syndrome, the anime gets popular and the Manga sales rise, but after a few months the series platues and the sales drop.
Well yeah, that's all pretty obvious.
One Piece selling as many volumes even after 21 plus years while the anime has been only par at best for years is shocking.
I guess people are just too invested in a 20+ year story to drop it all of a sudden, regardless of how bad it gets.