Fanclub Holy Cathedral to the Sword Gods

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I wonder if any of the swords in Wano are Saijo O Wazamono grade. King would get massive hype if his turned out to be one. It would also be the first supreme grade sword we'd see being used in a all-out fight
I didn’t think of this. He better lol, if he has just a random sword in the Wano country arc I’d be confused.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I think he’s more interesting because now we get more conflict with his character, more opportunity for struggle and growth. Drake is apart of a secret unit likely unknown to the current admirals and answering to Garp. Likewise he was shaken by the CP-0 being present and making deals with pirates. The reveal offers Drake a lot more then just being a rogue marine officer. Not that that was bad either.
Well Kyoshiro is more than just Orochi's dog. I don't trust Oda to deliver on making him a solid character, but I don't trust Oda period.

G

Gran D. Master

I didn’t think of this. He better lol, if he has just a random sword in the Wano country arc I’d be confused.
Well even the mythical Kaido-buster turned out to be a mere shitty O Wazamono. But if King has a supreme sword wouldn't his hype overthrow Oden's?
That would guarantee to spark King vs Kaido debates lmao
Post automatically merged:

King with asura extreme diffs Kaido

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I'd wish Oda would go into a bit more detail on swordsmanship. I could understand giving it a back seat in previous arcs, but 50 chapters into Wano, and all we have are just implicated details. For example, we don't know the full extent of how swordsman in the Wano country utilize their haki imbued swords, or even as to how one makes a black blade. To not have any of this elaborated by the half century mar is kinda disappointing. Though I understand the focus is to prepare for the war, the lack of info regarding swordsmanship this arc is alarming. Especially since Zoro's been playing a pretty prominent role.

G

Gran D. Master

I'd wish Oda would go into a bit more detail on swordsmanship. I could understand giving it a back seat in previous arcs, but 50 chapters into Wano, and all we have are just implicated details. For example, we don't know the full extent of how swordsman in the Wano country utilize their haki imbued swords, or even as to how one makes a black blade. To not have any of this elaborated by the half century mar is kinda disappointing. Though I understand the focus is to prepare for the war, the lack of info regarding swordsmanship this arc is alarming. Especially since Zoro's been playing a pretty prominent role.
Oda just doesn't give a fuck :kayneshrug:

Post-timeskip op is just a Luffy show anyway

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
You never answered my questions.

Why do you like Mihawk?

And a bonus, what is it that you like about Zoro and what is it that you dislike about him?
Those are going to be long answers and I'm just a little burnt out on those at the moment.

In short form? I like Mihawk's style and independence, despite being a Shichibukai, he never comes across as lesser to anyone. He's always off by himself and has an air of importance about him. I like Zoro mostly for his relationship with the Straw Hat's pre time skip. He's funny, loyal and reliable. I dislike his current attitude problem he's had since Saboady and it feels like he barely cares about anything anymore.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Those are going to be long answers and I'm just a little burnt out on those at the moment.

In short form? I like Mihawk's style and independence, despite being a Shichibukai, he never comes across as lesser to anyone. He's always off by himself and has an air of importance about him. I like Zoro mostly for his relationship with the Straw Hat's pre time skip. He's funny, loyal and reliable. I dislike his current attitude problem he's had since Saboady and it feels like he barely cares about anything anymore.
Ok. I'd like to see the lengthy ones as well. But let's leave it for some other day.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Ok. I'd like to see the lengthy ones as well. But let's leave it for some other day.
You'll probably need me to reread the first half of the manga for Zoro, just to accurately capture my feelings for him. He has a lot of quality moments between Alabasta and Long-Ring-Long-Land that makes me like him alone.

I dislike his current attitude problem he's had since Saboady and it feels like he barely cares about anything anymore.
I’m pretty much in the same boat when it comes to Zoro but for me the problem is less about Zoro’s apathy and more along the lines of his lack of emotional challenges. Zoro has been responsible for some of the most memorable moments in the series - his promise to Luffy at Baratie, the X tribute to Vivi, ‘nothing happened’ and bowing down to Mihawk for Luffy’s sake. But most of that seems to have fallen by the wayside since the timeskip. I would’ve liked to see him bond more with Yasu, Momo, Hiyori and Toko since children seem to be Zoro’s soft spot.

I like Mihawk because he seems so normal. Here is one of the strongest dudes in the verse chilling in his garden, growing cabbages and drinking tea in his spare time. He doesn’t care about dumbass territory wars, conspiracies or living up to other people’s legacies, he just wants to enjoy life. Zoro felt a lot more like that pre timeskip as well but it kind of feels like he and Mihawk have swapped personalities.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
You'll probably need me to reread the first half of the manga for Zoro, just to accurately capture my feelings for him. He has a lot of quality moments between Alabasta and Long-Ring-Long-Land that makes me like him alone.
These are some of the very cool, and enjoyable moments I like. Of course there are many more, these were just a quick few I found.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I’m pretty much in the same boat when it comes to Zoro but for me the problem is less about Zoro’s apathy and more along the lines of his lack of emotional challenges. Zoro has been responsible for some of the most memorable moments in the series - his promise to Luffy at Baratie, the X tribute to Vivi, ‘nothing happened’ and bowing down to Mihawk for Luffy’s sake. But most of that seems to have fallen by the wayside since the timeskip. I would’ve liked to see him bond more with Yasu, Momo, Hiyori and Toko since children seem to be Zoro’s soft spot.

I like Mihawk because he seems so normal. Here is one of the strongest dudes in the verse chilling in his garden, growing cabbages and drinking tea in his spare time. He doesn’t care about dumbass territory wars, conspiracies or living up to other people’s legacies, he just wants to enjoy life. Zoro felt a lot more like that pre timeskip as well but it kind of feels like he and Mihawk have swapped personalities.
I think off-screening the "Snatch" situation between Momo and Zoro hurts their relationship, especially if Oda wants to push it forward. I can't remember this happening in the manga, could've missed it, but from what I know currently it seems like something Oda just invented. Seeing it planned a little better, or having Zoro say or do something like this earlier in the series as opposed to being informed that this is apart of his very early training doesn't really jive too well with me. Seems like a tacky add on.

One of the best parts about Mihawk is how he's the straight man in the Shichibukai. Every other Shichibukai has some nefarious plan or rides the line between ally of the marine and pirate (Boa and Moriah especially). But Mihawk just hunts pirates to pass the time and joined, not because he wants to be a king of any thriving country or for an ancient weapon, but out of boredom. He had nothing else to do. How surprisingly relatable he is in that strange (but great) group makes him more interesting to me.
These are some of the very cool, and enjoyable moments I like. Of course there are many more, these were just a quick few I found.

Most of those work for me until you get to FMI. That just doesn't jive. Feels like Oda is trying too hard, and knowing that Zoro hasn't even received a proper challenge still in 400 chapters irks me. Albeit, Monet's is generally cool, thanks to the characters in play and that Monet had a bit of a character herself.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Most of those work for me until you get to FMI. That just doesn't jive. Feels like Oda is trying too hard, and knowing that Zoro hasn't even received a proper challenge still in 400 chapters irks me. Albeit, Monet's is generally cool, thanks to the characters in play and that Monet had a bit of a character herself.
The first one, nani mo nakatta, is imo top 3 panels of One Piece, actually maybe top 2 along with this one.

I am still waiting for your thoughts in the best panel tournament.

And the two panels I mentioned will be competing in the finals.

I think off-screening the "Snatch" situation between Momo and Zoro hurts their relationship, especially if Oda wants to push it forward. I can't remember this happening in the manga, could've missed it, but from what I know currently it seems like something Oda just invented. Seeing it planned a little better, or having Zoro say or do something like this earlier in the series as opposed to being informed that this is apart of his very early training doesn't really jive too well with me. Seems like a tacky add on.
Yeah I agree, at least with Sanji’s backstory, the hints were there since Jaya. For Zoro, it seems like Oda just added in ‘sunacchi’ as an afterthought. I also wish Oda would’ve shown Zoro’s reaction to Hiyori saying that she wants to personally kill Orochi. I think Oda is indeed pushing them as a couple, but the awkward offscreening disrupts the flow and feels unnatural.

One of the best parts about Mihawk is how he's the straight man in the Shichibukai. Every other Shichibukai has some nefarious plan or rides the line between ally of the marine and pirate (Boa and Moriah especially). But Mihawk just hunts pirates to pass the time and joined, not because he wants to be a king of any thriving country or for an ancient weapon, but out of boredom. He had nothing else to do. How surprisingly relatable he is in that strange (but great) group makes him more interesting to me.
All the constant plotting and scheming from the yonko, admiral, supernova and Revo factions sometimes get old. That’s why I like chill characters like Aokiji, Ray and Mihawk. They’re not slaves to an ideology, they’re very strong but use that strength to maintain their freedom rather than oppress or enslave others. That’s the life if you ask me.

I really like zoro fuji law and shanks tbh and whatever supernovas that are classified as swordsman

I also enjoy some of the ones from bleach but tho with bankais and shit theyre barely swords half the time lol

Also gintama and demon slayer are hella amazing

Yeah I agree, at least with Sanji’s backstory, the hints were there since Jaya. For Zoro, it seems like Oda just added in ‘sunacchi’ as an afterthought. I also wish Oda would’ve shown Zoro’s reaction to Hiyori saying that she wants to personally kill Orochi. I think Oda is indeed pushing them as a couple, but the awkward offscreening disrupts the flow and feels unnatural.

All the constant plotting and scheming from the yonko, admiral, supernova and Revo factions sometimes get old. That’s why I like chill characters like Aokiji, Ray and Mihawk. They’re not slaves to an ideology, they’re very strong but use that strength to maintain their freedom rather than oppress or enslave others. That’s the life if you ask me.
Even if we don't like it Oda can do such with Zoro so easily cuz we barely knew something about his past .

It's like Oda having a free pass and not restrictions (there is almost no stuff to restrict Oda doing wild or doubtful moves) to shape Zoro past.

Aside such....

I think Zoro having emotional challenges now would be so out of place after what he showed preTS it's like such gap is already filled completely.
Ultimately I think it would be like taking a step back.

Maybe this is what restrains Oda it would be like shaking something already established like put in question all his promises or something.

Last edited: