When it comes to chapter 163 of Demon Slayer I actually got a bit teary during the scenes with Inosuke and Kanao, so far I haven't had any teary moments during the Wano arc not for Yasuie's death and not even for Oden's.
For me, that's the real strength of KnY. Its emotional power. Something that hits home in a special, relatable way that really takes you back and has a lasting impression. Chapter 179 absolutely killed me. As did many others. Cannot wait for it to be adapted with the animation and music.

When you care so much about the whole cast it almost becomes easy to make moments like these. And this is all within such a small amount of time. Whereas Oda can spend months in a bloated Oden flashback and at the end of it I'm still clapping and dancing that the dumbass finally got what he deserved. Actually finding it hilarious that we're supposed to feel sad over his death that he himself brought on.

Oda was once so so good at this, but for me he's completely lost his emotional touch. I feel LITERALLY nothing for those damn scabbards despite them hogging a hundred+ chapters of focus. It's truly astonishing.

Eh, KnY is formulaic to be honest. The author did the same trick from naruto where a sob story is applied for every important villain beaten. People often complain about one piece being formulaic (which i also agree) but i think KnY takes the cake here. While KnY is not bad, i just don't see it as top series.
AoT definitely is going to be a big rival to one piece series in next year. It is entering its final battle in the manga and also just gets the final season anime running.

Can you just look at how many volumes have been released this year...

Demon Slayer is self explainable cuz of the anime hype. Let us see next year
Demon slayer will have the most sales next year it is selling around 2 million copies every week. Whiles One piece hasn't even released a volume. The top 3 for 2021 will be definitely KNY, Jujutsu and AOT/Kingdom.

With the breaks we will be luck to even get 2 volumes of one piece next year

AoT definitely is going to be a big rival to one piece series in next year. It is entering its final battle in the manga and also just gets the final season anime running.
Lol. In the first 2 weeks of 2021 sales, KnY's already sold over a million more than AoT did throughout all of 2020. There's zero chance of what you're saying actually happening.

And it's a misconception that sales suddenly boost up tons when a series is ending. So many people think that's the case, and logically it'd make sense, but that's not how things actually work if you look at the data.

The actual competitors to OP in sales will be JJK and Kingdom. KnY's already secured the top spot.

i said a rival to one piece, not KnY. Read back what i just said
I know what you said. That's why I responded telling you that sales don't just shoot up out of nowhere because a series is ending and that OP's actual competitor isn't AoT like you thought, but is instead JJK and Kingdom. I mentioned KnY because it was also a topic of discussion in your post.

I know what you said. That's why I responded telling you that sales don't just shoot up out of nowhere because a series is ending and that OP's actual competitor isn't AoT like you thought, but is instead JJK and Kingdom. I mentioned KnY because it was also a topic of discussion in your post.
AOT will shoot up because of the anime and manga ending.
I mean it was rivaling OP when the anime first aired around 2013. It will definitely be in the top 3 this year.

Hmm... honestly I expected this outcome ! So many breaks (which I don't mind due to Oda's health issue)
And after so much hype we got Luffy's summo match , unfinished useless sub plots , turtle speeds pacing killed the hype.
I follow only Kingdom with OP but Not gonna lie me too , checked some new series meanwhile.

Never in my dream I had expected Wano to be this slow after disastrous Dressrosa and WCI pacing.

AOT will shoot up because of the anime and manga ending.
I mean it was rivaling OP when the anime first aired around 2013. It will definitely be in the top 3 this year.
AoT will only have 3 volumes released in 2021 sales year.
As you can see, these volumes individually have been on a decline. Other than the first season of the anime which obviously gave the series tons of exposure and hype, every other season has had basically no effect on the individual volume sales.

It will likely get a bit of backlog boost but nothing too significant. It was rivalling OP in 2013 because tons of people were finding out about the series for the first time and buying all the volumes. People already know what AoT is now so the backlog won't be anywhere near the same as what it was back in 2013.

He can't write good battles. Don't expect flames. Unless you like the emotional aspect ofc.
Highly doubt about fights , knowing how inferior are Luffy, Law and Kids against BM and Kaido combined.
If Oda managed to pull out Law and Luffy Vs Doffy type fight then it will be intresting.

Highly doubtful about emotional aspect too , unless Law dying , I don't see fanbase crying for any other character other than straw hats

You talked about KnY sales thing as some kind of justification to AoT, which is just unrelated. You definitely misread my post. Just get over it.

Anime boosted sales. Ending is not always equal to higher audience, but i just think AoT still has solid fight for its final here.