Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
Honestly I jokingly wonder if how underwhelming Wano's been had any part to play in KnY's success.

We were promised:

-Badass swordsmen
-Unbearable stakes
-Terrifying oni/(demons).

And IMO we got a steaming pile of you know what. Quite possibly the biggest fuck up in the series. And individual volume sales have declined (Is Wano to blame perhaps?? I dunno.)

Meanwhile KnY was just sitting there undiscovered this whole time that ACTUALLY has badass well written swordsmen, unbearable stakes and terrifying demons. And once people were made aware that it existed, the copies flew off the shelves and it became a social phenomenon and one of the best selling manga of all time, breaking practically every one of OP's sales records, becoming bigger than OP even at its Marineford/Strong World peak.

Who knows? :sadgrin:
"bUt BuT wAnO wIlL mAkE Marineford looks cute":chirstsad::jordamas:

P

PeperLevi

It's not that deep man
One piece released only 3 volumes and Demon slayer has 22 volumes with backlog sales. Even then One piece had the second most bought individual volume sales after Demon slayer. Kingdom was second this year because it was the end of a very long arc + a live action series. Just chill
Tell me:
Totto Land Arc had some story impact?
Straw Hats deserved the credit that Fake News Morgans gived them?
One Piece is really doing better than every other manga in all story aspects?
@Luffy bin Dragon @Kejon @Bullet

Tell me:
Of course OP never had the best storytelling.
Wel tottoland Chopper blocked BM and prospero was scared of him this is a new world veteran so it was fine

I've been a One Piece Fan for many years.
I love MHA.
I liked The Promised Neverland.
Aot, I love but have to take a break from it now and then, it's rough on the psyche.
I'm getting into Jujutsu Kaisen and really enjoying it.
Dr. Stone is brilliant, and I'm thrilled that more people are taking notice of this superb Manga.

That said, KnY (Demon Slayer) Deserves the Top Spot! Even if there were no OP breaks etc... KnY would still be at the top. For me and many others, it is the most perfect manga ever read. Detailed and interesting back stories, steady pacing, amazing fights, lots of adventure, a great storyline, and very likable characters (only manga I've ever read where I like every character) and gorgeous art. 10/10 hands down for me.

I do hope though that placing in #6 Oda will get the ball running. I'm not talking about breaks, He deserves to take breaks! But, enough with the pointless fodder characters that exist solely to amuse him to draw, that add NOTHING to the storyline. Enough with the slow pacing, and endless build ups, show the fights already. Start to reveal some of those mysteries already.

And wow, Kingdom is really popular and doesn't even have an Anime- I think I'm gonna have to check it out soon once AoT finishes.

I've been a One Piece Fan for many years.
I love MHA.
I liked The Promised Neverland.
Aot, I love but have to take a break from it now and then, it's rough on the psyche.
I'm getting into Jujutsu Kaisen and really enjoying it.
Dr. Stone is brilliant, and I'm thrilled that more people are taking notice of this superb Manga.

That said, KnY (Demon Slayer) Deserves the Top Spot! Even if there were no OP breaks etc... KnY would still be at the top. For me and many others, it is the most perfect manga ever read. Detailed and interesting back stories, steady pacing, amazing fights, lots of adventure, a great storyline, and very likable characters (only manga I've ever read where I like every character) and gorgeous art. 10/10 hands down for me.

I do hope though that placing in #6 Oda will get the ball running. I'm not talking about breaks, He deserves to take breaks! But, enough with the pointless fodder characters that exist solely to amuse him to draw, that add NOTHING to the storyline. Enough with the slow pacing, and endless build ups, show the fights already. Start to reveal some of those mysteries already.

And wow, Kingdom is really popular and doesn't even have an Anime- I think I'm gonna have to check it out soon once AoT finishes.
Actually it's not 6th this it is actually third behind kingdom and Kny

Tell me:
I'm not saying it has the best story in jump Right now. Which I think is Kingdom.
But you're making it look as if One Piece was a failure this year even though it had the second most sold individual volume. And it's natural that Kingdom surpassed it in total sales.

Honestly I jokingly wonder if how underwhelming Wano's been had any part to play in KnY's success.

We were promised:

-Badass swordsmen
-Unbearable stakes

And IMO we got a steaming pile of you know what. Quite possibly the biggest fuck up in the series. And individual volume sales have declined (Is Wano to blame perhaps?? I dunno.)

Meanwhile KnY was just sitting there undiscovered this whole time that ACTUALLY has badass well written swordsmen, unbearable stakes and terrifying demons. And once people were made aware that it existed, the copies flew off the shelves and it became a social phenomenon and one of the best selling manga of all time, breaking practically every one of OP's sales records, becoming bigger than OP even at its Marineford/Strong World peak.

Tbh I'm also massively underwhelmed by post-skip OP.

KnY only profited from a great anime adaptation though.

In terms of writing it's actually still not quite as good as OP and far behind the actually best written shonen series (HxH, Jojo, SnK).

Tbh I'm also massively underwhelmed by post-skip OP.
:cheers:
KnY only profited from a great anime adaptation though.
Whilst it's true that KnY's success increased after the anime adaptation, this is natural and happens to most well adapted manga. The anime is in effect just a pretty advertisement of the source material. It's what's happening with JJK right now as its sales are multiple times over what they were as a result of the anime adaption.

The important thing is that the manga has to hold its own in order to retain its new readers. The anime gives it more exposure but doesn't force people to like the manga. KnY's anime got its name out there, but people stayed and word of mouth hype spread because they just love the manga that much.
In terms of writing it's actually still not quite as good as OP and far behind the actually best written shonen series (HxH, Jojo, SnK).
Fair enough if that's your opinion. I think KnY's better than post timeskip OP. And I consider HxH insanely overrated and barely a 7/10 however Jojo's a ton of fun. I've only watched the anime though and some of the writing for parts 1-3 is laughable IMO but that doesn't make it any less loveable cuz of the nature of Jojo. I'm aware it's not a complete circus and Part 4 especially has some very well written moments and characters (Kira specifically), but at the same time it's not really meant to be taken all that seriously either.

SnK however is a true masterpiece IMO and is so clear of everything that's been mentioned.

:cheers:

Whilst it's true that KnY's success increased after the anime adaptation, this is natural and happens to most well adapted manga. The anime is in effect just a pretty advertisement of the source material. It's what's happening with JJK right now as its sales are multiple times over what they were as a result of the anime adaption.

The important thing is that the manga has to hold its own in order to retain its new readers. The anime gives it more exposure but doesn't force people to like the manga. KnY's anime got its name out there, but people stayed and word of mouth hype spread because they just love the manga that much.

Fair enough if that's your opinion. I think KnY's better than post timeskip OP. And I consider HxH insanely overrated and barely a 7/10 however Jojo's a ton of fun. I've only watched the anime though and some of the writing for parts 1-3 is laughable IMO but that doesn't make it any less loveable cuz of the nature of Jojo. I'm aware it's not a complete circus and Part 4 especially has some very well written moments and characters (Kira specifically), but at the same time it's not really meant to be taken all that seriously either.

SnK however is a true masterpiece IMO and is so clear of everything that's been mentioned.
Agree with almost everything except for the HxH assessment.

Pretty clearly the best written shonen imho. SnK comes in as a very good second place for me.

I guess that's just different taste then, I can live with that.

This will piss off all the stubborn jackasses on the forum, but when we have to wait weeks for a new chapter, and then it sucks when it actually comes out, a lot of people decide to check out other series that might be more consistent in terms of release AND quality...the aforementioned dickheads can rage all they want against this line of thinking, but it’s obviously becoming the prevalent mentality among this fan base.
One piece becoming a little Shocking lately is what gave me the opportunity to read black clover and start demon slayer

We were promised:

-Badass swordsmen
-Unbearable stakes

When it comes to chapter 163 of Demon Slayer I actually got a bit teary during the scenes with Inosuke and Kanao, so far I haven't had any teary moments during the Wano arc not for Yasuie's death and not even for Oden's.