Who will Zoro Cut (not the fish Kaido)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
@comrade @Bogard
Yo boys since we coming close to the legendary flashback with God valley(I hope it), how you guys would put these characters in powerlvl?
Xebec,Roger,Primebeard,Shiki,Bigmom,Kaido,Garp,Sengoku and the others?
Do you guys believe Xebec,Roger and Primebeard where on their on lvl? Like top top tier?
Xebec=Roger>=Garp>Primebread=Sengoku>Shiki=BigMom>Kaido back then.

The problem here is

1. that you would have to say Kaido knows this somehow. Like how does Kaido know this very specific thing?

2. Kaido has to be able to move under water even though he's a devil fruit user
True. Oda takes inspiration from mythologies, he doesn’t copy-paste them into his manga. It works the same way for Mythical Zoan, they have a specific form/ability that finds its origin in a mythology but the tale surrounding it is left aside.

So maybe Kaido is a mythical carp that can turn into a dragon but that would have to be the awakening or something.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
@comrade @Bogard
Yo boys since we coming close to the legendary flashback with God valley(I hope it), how you guys would put these characters in powerlvl?
Do you guys believe Xebec,Roger and Primebeard where on their on lvl? Like top top tier?
Everyone in prime :

Roger=> Prime Beard => Xebec > Garp > Kaido => Shiki/ Sengoku => BM

At god valley : Xebec was the strongest, Roger was stronger than WB, Garp was maybe a shade stronger than WB or equal. And BM > Kaido

Last edited:
It’s just me trying to know what Oda is up to. I already know about the waterfall thing, I just don’t see how that could work in One Piece. There are rules about DFs, why would Kaido turn into a dragon by climbing a waterfall ?
Kaido does not have a regular fish devil fruit.

He has a mythological zoan. These animals inherit the mythology of their namesake. Because j don't remember Buddhists shooting hand beams of we're going there

Makes you really wonder why Oda did not just leave it at an eastern dragon fruit.
Perhaps he really just wanted to bypass that sea weakness and therefore chose to go with a leviathan like being.
Whereas "fish" basically just stands for "sea water creature". Cause let's be honest the average Joe doesn't know anything about underwater species in detail. Like I don't even know one type of Octupus by name.

But what's bugging me are all those different elemental powers he got and especially that "dragon flame" ability. And what' s up with those Shenron like dragon horns on his head.

Hopefully this all adds up somehow with the actual reveal of its name.

Last edited:
Roger=> Prime Beard => Xebec > Garp > Sengoku / Shiki > Kaido > BM

At god valley : Xebec was the strongest, Roger was stronger than WB, Garp was maybe a shade stronger than WB or equal. And BM > Kaido
Like the scaling and it make sense, we know Whitebeard reach his prime later.
In that case how I see the tiering during god valley:

Top top tier Xebec
High top tier Roger
High top tier Garp
High top tier Whitebeard
Mid top tier Big mom
Low top tier Kaido
Low top tier Shiki

I think Roger,Garp,Whitebeard hit the top top tier lvl few years later, I think Big mom hit high top tier also later.

@comrade @Bogard
Rocks > Roger = Garp >= Sengoku > Whitebeard > Shiki = Big Mom > Kaido.

I assume Whitebeard hadn’t reached his prime yet.

Makes you really wonder why Oda did not just leave it at an eastern dragon fruit.
Perhaps he really just wanted to bypass that sea weakness and therefore chose to go with a leviathan like being.
Whereas "fish" basically just stands for "sea water creature". Cause let's be honest the average Joe doesn't know anything about underwater species in detail. Like I don't even know one type of Octupus by name.

But what's bugging me are all those different elemental powers he got and especially that "dragon flame" ability. And what' s up with those Shenron like dragon horns on his head.

Hopefully this all adds up somehow with the actual reveal of its name.
The thing is it pretty much is an Eastern dragon fruit.

Eastern dragons are deeply related to the sea. Even though there are many variants of it, not only they have many traits of water animals (carp scales, catfish whiskers, lobster eyes) but crustaceans (especially lobsters, crayfish, shrimp...) are commonly associated to them in most if not all Eastern cultures, and in One Piece speciffically it's common that they are referred in aquatic contexts (Luffy thinks Momonosuke is an eel when transformed, Neptune's kingdom is called Ryugu and the palace has a huge dragon statue, Alabasta's baths had dragon-shaped fountains...).

There were pretty much two options with the dragon fruit:

1) Make it related to fishes or sea animals in general because of their deep cultural connections.

2) Follow a semantic approach with the "ryu" family as in saurians and make it the mythical model of what some Western readers know as "Dragon Dragon fruit", which so far only contains dinosaurs and pterosaurs.

Odds are Oda just followed the first option and the "Ryu Ryu" family was mistranslated and should have been called "Saurian Saurian" because the author didn't name it because of the ryu as dragon but the "ryu" as a particle in many Japanese reptile names like lizards, dinosaurs or pterosaurs.

Last edited:
@comrade @Bogard
Xebec >= Roger >= Prime Garp = Primebeard >= Sengoku = Bigmom > Kaido

These are the powerlevels of 40 years ago from my perspective. I put Kaido so low as he was just an apprentice at that time and should, in turn, be the weakest out of these top tiers. Probably as strong as current Luffy. He even got his devil fruit after the incident. If it were to be current Big Mom and Kaido, I would put them being equal to at least Prime Garp/Primebeard.

Like the scaling and it make sense, we know Whitebeard reach his prime later.
In that case how I see the tiering during god valley:

Top top tier Xebec
High top tier Roger
High top tier Garp
High top tier Whitebeard
Mid top tier Big mom
Low top tier Kaido
Low top tier Shiki

I think Roger,Garp,Whitebeard hit the top top tier lvl few years later, I think Big mom hit high top tier also later.
You do realise Roger and garp fought rocks, big mom, kaido, whiteboard and Shiki. Logically Roger=garp>rocks>whitebeard>big mom>Shiki>kaido at the time of God valley
Post automatically merged:

Chapter 1000: Beginning of Kaido sad flashback

I like that emote, one ofy favourite actors by far

Status
Not open for further replies.