Who will Zoro Cut (not the fish Kaido)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some gross overreactions and an evidently desperate attempt to pounce upon anything without putting any thought to it.

Do people forget that WB was willing to let go Thatch's death because he had a weird feeling about it?

Did people forget prime WB usually avoided unnecessary smoke with fodder marines or that he didn't want to take Oden with him because he thought dealing with Wano's royalty would be a pain in the ass.

So you're telling me he gets to know about Oden's death after a few years and should suddenly put all of his crew at risk of a war for a supposedly dead person or help his country just because people are suffering there?

Comparing that with the Ace situation is being horribly disingenuous to both the situations.

F

Fallen Prince

I'm not the one overthinking it.
The ones trying to defend this shit are actually fooling themselves.
There are moments to praise Oda and OP, but don't be blind when some really stupid writing jumps right into your face.
I agree i seriously think people will still find a way to defend this.

This was clearly plothole and adding oden as commander and he was called brother thats even closer bond than his own crew.

Oda needs better editors if he is handling complex storyline especially adding a character like oden.

J

Jo_Ndule

It was expected.

The only reason WB went to war with navy was to protect ACe (the man whom he wanted to make PK).

And, after WB's death shanks and sengoku stopped the war because they didn't want some meaningless more casualties.

WB had no reason to go to war with Kaido after years of oden death. That's literally like disturbing the balance of power.

Marco and others were young blood back then and not enough experienced like wb. So their desire to go to wano makes sense.

And, so does the decision of WB to not go to wano.
Kaido even had a weaker crew back then
Just stop making excuses

Kaido crew wasn't strong even now it isn't even that impressive

WB knew he cant beat Young or prime kaido less than extreme diff.

Big Mom had enough confidence and showed no fear in going to Wano in ONE ship with only a handful of her children. But Whitebeard with his entire fleet and division commanders didn't want to mess with Kaido. :suresure:

Big mom>Whitebeard
Roger didn't want the smoke and ran away from Linlin
Whitebeard didn't want the smoke with Kaido
Kaido and Linlin > WB and Roger:myman:

C'mon, you know this is different. Whitebeard was at the end of his life and Journey as a Pirate, and Ace was at the beginning of his. There was still a chance to save Ace, but Oden was already long dead by the time the Whitebeard Pirates found out. There was no need to spill unnecessary blood on a quest for revenge. We already knew this was Whitebeards mentality, as he had told Ace time and time again to let it go when it came to Blackbeard killing Teach. It 100 percent fits Whitebeard's narrative.

The Whitebeard Pirates risking their lives to save Ace who still has a chance at life, is not the same as throwing countless lives away on quest for revenge, which would ultimately lead to absolutely nothing gained in the end.
Ok, I'll give you the argument that the circumstances were different.

Yet this whole Oden-WB situation still doesn't make much sense, if we don't want to use extreme excuse-mode.

Why on earth didn't he bother looking for him, after Oden had returned to Wano?

They were literally like brothers and both Oden and WB even said that they would unite again asap after his voyage with Roger ends.

Yet somehow WB didn't care one bit about Oden anymore ... for like 10 years or so!

I also refuse to believe that WB would just let the wife and children of his "brother" rot in hell like that. Like come one, even if he doesn't want to start a war, he could've done something (trying to sneak them out of the country etc.).

No, I stand by my point here: Oda wrote himself into a corner with this Oden-WB connection and now tries to fix things up with bandaid. It works at least somehow, but if you take a closer look, it's not pretty/elegant (writing).

Status
Not open for further replies.