Who will Zoro Cut (not the fish Kaido)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he knew Ace was deadmet against Teach. Whitebeard wasn't gonna let Blackbeard free after his crime, he himself stated it was his responsability to teach him a lesson about morality among pirates. Again, the first fundamental thing we ever learn about him is that he won't forgive someone touching his family, and in Wano a lot more than just that happened.
Ehh, that´s iffy. WB´s characterization is, to simplify, putting up a strong front but actually being a softie.
So while i agree he would punish BB once the opportunity presented itself, i doubt he would put his living crew at risk to do it, and that´s part of why he wanted to prevent Ace from going, but pretended in front of Shanks that he is the one who sent Ace.
Marineford was a different issue because Ace was still alive, and there was something he could do to save his son, and then gave each crewmember and alliance member the choice of deciding for themselves.
But for the sake of revenge? It´s a different issue altogether.

Big Mom had enough confidence and showed no fear in going to Wano in ONE ship with only a handful of her children. But Whitebeard with his entire fleet and division commanders didn't want to mess with Kaido. :suresure:

Big mom>Whitebeard
Roger didn't want the smoke and ran away from Linlin
Whitebeard didn't want the smoke with Kaido
Kaido and Linlin > WB and Roger:myman:
Well to be fair, Whitebeard was NOT responsible for making kaido a yonko like big mom did.

I mean kaido said he didn't care about the debt but I think he's just acting tough. The guy has some slight semblance of honour so I think he really can't bring himself to do anything to big mom

Remember he had big mom in chains and chose to let her go. If that was whitebeard in chains, he'd just thunder bagua his face

Did you completely miss the fact that like, WB’s whole speech to Shanks about avenging his crew was cap? He told Shanks he sent Ace to go after BB, but we literally see in the flashback that he actually told Ace not to go out of fear for his safety.

WB’s family protection thing is clearly a front he puts up to protect his own crew from other Yonko. The MF case was different since a son of his was about to be executed, in the case of Oden, he died years (possibly over a decade) ago.
Which means that Whitebeard was either planning going after Teach himself of backing Ace up with some other members, since the latter thought about how he ignored their warnings and just went off on his own on a whim. All of this assuming that Oda didn't just retconned that part of the story.

And why don't you think that, instead of a "front", Whitebeard told those things to Shanks in order to keep a strong facade as an emperor? Shanks was still his enemy, let's not forget that, why would he explain that Ace rebelled and left on his own?

Anyways, I insist, if I recall correctly we were told that Whitebard wouldn't ignore harm to his family even if the harmed was dead.

Ones dead the others alive. Preserving life >>>> Avenging it
First, it's not only about Oden but the Wano country and the people living there (Izou's biological family and friends, Ace's friends, etc.). Second, I don't have time to look for it right now, but I'm pretty sure that someone (maybe Sengoku?) stated that Whitebeard wouldn't stop if his son was dead.

????? THATCH WAS FAMILY.

Literally how is this any different with Kaido???
Whitebeard was going to avenge Thatch too, he just didn't want Ace to go on a rampage and alone because he was as aware as Shanks that he wasn't a match for Teach.

Its the same as when Thatch died. He really just doesn't want to risk Ace's life. He explains this during his war with the Marines. They were all willing to die for Ace because at the time they all believed he was the one who was going change everything.

This is why he didn't want to fight Kaido or Blackbeard. Now when the marines had Ace, they had nothing left to lose at that point.
This never happened, they went to save another nakama who was imprisoned against his will and was about to die, not Roger´s son who was the savior.
The allies did not even know about it, see Squardo, and i do not think even the WB members knew.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Imagine the massive L @Reborn is about to take. He created the thread, " Kaido is not the Strongest". ROFL.
Oh you salty cry baby who has zero argument to counter.

Yes he isn't dude

I don't know what Spoiler you read but this spoiler doesn't hype Kaido as strongest character.

Wb decision to not pick fight with kaido because it will lead to casualties makes perfect sense as oden was dead

Status
Not open for further replies.