Who will Zoro Cut (not the fish Kaido)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This chapter proves Whitebeard loved Ace more than Oden. Or was butthurt Oden left him for Roger.
Nah he just feared Kaido and his army of beasts more than he feared the Mehrines. This makes sense given that even a coward like Orochi, who wants to be cautious about everything, was confident enough in the BP’s strength that he thought he could get away with shooting a CP0 agent

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
But a WB prioritizing the safety of his crew over principles and safety of non-crew people? To me it is consistent even with Buggy (who also stated WB was the only dude to match Roger, which we already know is wrong) and Garp, who might have talked about WB himself.
It does not make him a coward, but a softie, something Kaidou literally points out in this very arc to underline this.
I never called Whitebeard a coward. I consider this an oversight because Oda didn't want to involve all the Whitebeard Pirates in the battle, but the justification he brought about isn't strong.

The chapter literally says that Kaido and his crew does sailing ... so they're not always around Wano citizens !
Then, how come Whitebeard didn't track Kaido when he was sailing outside Wano ? He could very well have ambushed him on the sea route that leads to Wano without any casualties among the citizens ...
WB was talking about his crew mates...he was not a marine soldier to care about citizens

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Nah he just feared Kaido and his army of beasts more than he feared the Mehrines. This makes sense given that even a coward like Orochi, who wants to be cautious about everything, was confident enough in the BP’s strength that he thought he could get away with shooting a CP0 agent
But that makes zero sense. Luffy and a few supernova are about to hard carry a victory against Kaido who has a stronger crew now then ever before.

The chapter literally says that Kaido and his crew does sailing ... so they're not always around Wano citizens !
Then, how come Whitebeard didn't track Kaido when he was sailing outside Wano ? He could very well have ambushed him on the sea route that leads to Wano without any casualties among the citizens ...
That's a HUGE PLOT HOLE, if this is Oda's way to explain why WB didn't attack Kaido :whitepress:

Kaido did challenge the yonko and marines singlehandley they captured him and couldnt kill him so WB didnt needed to go after him Kaido came to him but WB failed to kill him thats all

The story said he cares about his crew members. It didn't say to disregard anything that was important to them. Thatch was a lost cause. Fighting Teach or not wouldn't bring him back, but Newgate wouldn't budge over a friend Ace made and knowing they come from Oden's home. Remember that Newgate had a bunch of allied crews who were all indebted to him. Meaning he helps those he considers friends.

Then I guess you don't care for your argument.

There's nothing that states the whole world knows this. Newgate could've just assumed Oden was dead because Kaido was still in power.
The story said he cares about their safety, Oden and family were dead.
It also never said he cares about their feelings and what is important to them.
Based on?
Yep, might have saved those allied people, not protected what is important to them.

No, i do not care whether it is considered a weak trait of WB.
If you want to spin around words, this is meaningless.

The world knowing is irrelevant, the WB Pirates somehow got the info that Oden is dead and Wa No is in that state.
With that info, it being completely disconnected to the demise of Kozuki, highly unlikely.
Anyway, you are going into hypotheticals which is equally meaningless.

Status
Not open for further replies.