• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogard

You can't win
@Bogard

Shanks gave Kaido one of his seven losses ? :kizabat:
Seems like it, either that or it's something else, maybe the people he believes could kill him, because Shanks only became an emperor 6 years ago, with the only known encounter between them(during MF) ending with Shanks coming clean, not suggesting there to have been a huge fight.

But it's possible that in the short encounter, Shanks injured him heavily(Kaido usually doesn't care about getting tagged at the beginning of battle, counting on his durability) and thus with that encounter making him realize that Shanks is among the people who could kill him.

That's why I'm even more wondering about their encounter during MF.

Knowing Oda, as Luffy's idol, with Shanks claiming before the arc that Luffy might be close to meet, he'd probably use that encounter to hype Shanks :madmonk:

• We did not see Luffy comment that he doesn't yet have the hang of ryuo.
  • We say Zoro comment that he hasn't yet fully acclimatised to Enma.

I don't think you can make the inference you want to make. I agree that Enma training will make Zoro significantly stronger (and before today, I'd been placing Enma Zoro a level above Pre Enma Zoro), but Zoro gave us something close to the equivalent of this scene from Luffy:

Given that Zoro has indicated that he hasn't yet fully acclimatised to Enma, while Luffy did not indicate any such thing for ryuo (unless he does so next chapter), I disagree that they are comparable boosts for now. They probably will when Zoro fully acclimatises to Enma (which I expect to happen this fight).
But that's not quite what Zoro says, is it.

He says that there's even more of Enma's power that he could release. The equivalent would be Luffy showing that there's also more he can do with Advanced CoA than he already did.

I think the most fair way to look at it is to not overcomplicate things. You showcase the panels where they both go through that training on the same page in preparation for this raid, after both got hyped by how much stronger they can get with this training.

Now they are on the roof facing Kaido post training. I'd say it's a fair assumption to make that they are both stronger, and significant evidence would be required to argue the contrary. Evidence such as one of them saying that they feel weaker than before, but with enough time it will be worth going "nerfed" into this life or death battle.

So i have to stand by my assumption that Zoro is stronger now, with still some room to grow, and the same is the case for Luffy.

Seems like it, either that or it's something else, maybe the people he believes could kill him, because Shanks only became an emperor 6 years ago, with the only known encounter between them(during MF) ending with Shanks coming clean, not suggesting there to have been a huge fight.

But it's possible that in the short encounter, Shanks injured him heavily(Kaido usually doesn't care about getting tagged at the beginning of battle, counting on his durability) and thus with that encounter making him realize that Shanks is among the people who could kill him.

That's why I'm even more wondering about their encounter during MF.

Knowing Oda, as Luffy's idol, with Shanks claiming before the arc that Luffy might be close to meet, he'd probably use that encounter to hype Shanks :madmonk:
This might actually be how Shanks convinced Kaido to turn around. Kaido realizes Shanks can hurt him, and Shanks promises him a fight in the future if he abandons his efforts to go to Marineford.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Murakumogiri is a naginata and one of the 12 Supreme Grade swords. It was used by Edward Newgate for over 30 years until his death.
WB's weapon is a bisento. It was called a bisento numerous times by both official translators(Stephen and the guy before him) and is designed like one. Naginatas are different. Swords is a generalization based on the kanji and spears are not literal swords.

Status
Not open for further replies.