General & Others Who still thinks Zoro surpasses Oden this arc ?

Would Zoro defeat Oden in 1 vs 1 combat at the end of Wano ?

• Total voters
i whole heartedly believe he will. otherwise the passing down of odens will through enma and its symbolic meaning will be for nought. Zoro must surpass oden this arc there’s no ifs and buts
I could see that argument made if the arc was constructed so that Zoro is the only one challenging Kaido, and the fate of Wano was resting of his shoulders alone.

You know, like it was the case with Oden when he went up against Kaido.

The way i see it, Zoro only needs to prove himself as someone with Oden's potential in Wano, which is a very difficult task by itself looking at what company Oden has in Kaido's mind.

Good idea, added a poll.

I'm talking power levels, that was the argument many made and many are still ready to stand behind. Opened a poll if you want to vote wether Zoro beats Oden in 1 vs 1 combat by the end of Wano :cheers:
I understand that and I’m telling you that Zoro surpassing Oden have nothing to do with powerlevel.

In fact, « powerlevel » is always use to disregard certain narrative around Zoro even tho it is not how Oda is writing One Piece or the character. Which is why few months/weeks ago saying that Zoro would fight Kaido was seen as ridiculous because « powerlevel ». And look where we are now.

I understand that and I’m telling you that Zoro surpassing Oden have nothing to do with powerlevel.

In fact, « powerlevel » is always use to disregard certain narrative around Zoro even tho it is not how Oda is writing One Piece or the character. Which is why few months/weeks ago saying that Zoro would fight Kaido was seen as ridiculous because « powerlevel ». And look where we are now.
My man, the thread is about power levels.

You read the poll question since you voted, so you stand by that in terms of power levels, or you don't :kata:

yj

👑YNWA 👑
I could see that argument made if the arc was constructed so that Zoro is the only one challenging Kaido, and the fate of Wano was resting of his shoulders alone.

You know, like it was the case with Oden when he went up against Kaido.

The way i see it, Zoro only needs to prove himself as someone with Oden's potential in Wano, which is a very difficult task by itself looking at what company Oden has in Kaido's mind.
in due time notice how oda has saved the hour of the tiger. See here zoro has already proven that since the series started he’s going to be the future wss his ceiling and potential is way higher than Odens. The taming of enma since odens death is even more definite proof what more do you want? just have faith in zoro and all goodness will come
:finally:

in due time notice how oda has saved the hour of the tiger. See here zoro has already proven that since the series started he’s going to be the future wss his ceiling and potential is way higher than Odens. The taming of enma since odens death is even more definite proof what more do you want? just have faith in zoro and all goodness will come
:finally:
Kaido thinks less of Mihawk than he does of Oden tho :myman:

Maybe becoming as strong as Oden is what will allow Zoro to surpass Mihawk :kayneshrug:

Sure he will. Why not? Luffy’s gonna be ready to face Shanks, Zoro can be as strong as Oden was. I mean, we saw Oden vs Kaido. It was not a long, protracted fight. I’m very much expecting him to do the same as Oden did- land one hell of a hit on Kaido.

When Enma becomes a kokuto, that’s a clear sign that Oden level has been surpassed. If it doesn’t happen here, ah well. Zoro’s still going to have done really well and be close to it.

Sure he will. Why not? Luffy’s gonna be ready to face Shanks, Zoro can be as strong as Oden was. I mean, we saw Oden vs Kaido. It was not a long, protracted fight. I’m very much expecting him to do the same as Oden did- land one hell of a hit on Kaido.

When Enma becomes a kokuto, that’s a clear sign that Oden level has been surpassed. If it doesn’t happen here, ah well. Zoro’s still going to have done really well and be close to it.
If Zoro surpasses Oden, does Luffy surpass Shanks by the end of Wano as well ?

I mean, really all we’re talking about is Zoro doing something that matches this

this

and this

I don’t really think that’s a huge leap of faith? A head on clash with one of the two Yonko, not being one-shot by them and landing a heavy blow on Kaido is all he really needs here.
So how high do you think the bar was to make it into that lineup we get behind Luffy ?

Roger, Whitebeard, Xebec and Shanks are the only others, how far bellow is Oden ?