Chapter Discussion Shanks not the top of Pirates according to Kaido

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
he is calling those people and small group of people who can fight them ...

you have a problem with Shanks hype or Oden hype?
I have no problem with any hype. The real problem is the way people are interpreting it. The panel literally says these are the people who're capable of fighting Kaido I.e., people capable of using the same kind of Haki that Luffy used and hence the comparison b/w them and Luffy.

This seems one of those Sanji threads, why people is so surprised Shanks is, at least, a match to Kaido? It would be surprising, very, if he wasn't. He is the inspiration of Luffy and the mid gen man between Luffy and Roger. I would dare to say that this is just the beginning of his hype. If Marineford wasn't enough, not only he sent everybody at home but also he came to Marineford while Kaido did not after meeting him, what could this possibly mean after the new infos we have with this chapter?

I have no problem with any hype. The real problem is the way people are interpreting it. The panel literally says these are the people who're capable of fighting Kaido I.e., people capable of using the same kind of Haki that Luffy used and hence the comparison b/w them and Luffy.
if this people can do the most damage to Kaido

doesn't this means they can do most damage to anyone ever? (or even more)

J

Jo_Ndule

Shanks' hype is intact comparatively to Kaido. He is still among the people Kaido acknowledge himself could fight him

Especially since the context of the statement is resolving around the people who could threaten Kaido's life from his own personal experience, hence why someone like Big Mom isn't mentioned despite matching the first time they meet in decades.

So the context remains the same. It was about the people Kaido viewed as capable to threaten his life, and thus indirectly granting him more hype than other people Kaido encountered without his life being threatened(Big Mom and co)

The "how high in the ceiling" part only matters when it comes down to Roger and Whitebeard, who we already knew before were the top pirates, hence Oda placing them at the top
How is WB > Xebec when Xebec is Roger's greatest foe?
Xebec literally made and pushed Roger to be Great Pirate
WB didn't push a thing .. he fought a sick(weaker) Roger.
Roger didn't gain a thing from Fighting WB! No new status or PU.

Oden ~ Xebec > Shanks right?
Oden couod lead Near prime WB, Young Shki and Young Linlin?
When he cant even beat Young kaido (base )

Only a WB fanboy will think even WB > Xebec
When Oda has been hyping Rocks and Xbec ateky like some Madara character.

This seems one of those Sanji threads, why people is so surprised Shanks is, at least, a match to Kaido? It would be surprising, very, if he wasn't. He is the inspiration of Luffy and the mid gen man between Luffy and Roger. I would dare to say that this is just the beginning of his hype. If Marineford wasn't enough, not only he sent everybody at home but also he came to Marineford while Kaido did not after meeting him, what could this possibly mean after the new infos we have with this chapter?
Main problem with Shanks hype ... "it's too high to believe"

Shanks did stop Kaido after a small fight
Shanks did challenged ever single man in Marine Ford and they refused to fight

they can't believe Shanks and ' unbeatable RHP ' can do this ... while ... he did do this

Bogard

You can't win
Kaido says "how for up CEILING will Luffy go" in the Viz. Roger and WB is at the top of the ceiling and shanks is at the bottom. Makes complete sense now.
Lol please delete this thread this not even a powerlevel thread this is nonsense he compares Luffy to the 5 men that are able to fight him this doesnt make Rocks inferior to WB and Roger
especially not since Rocks is higher regarded then WB and was his captain

J

Jo_Ndule

Not everyone has their durability as the greatest attribute about them. Roger for example is nowhere near as durable as Kaido. Do you think Shanks can beat him because he can beat Kaido?
it's not my point ...

you claimed this people can do most damage to Kaido cause they have some kinda Haki

so it means .... this 5 people should have best AP in verse .... cause if you are gonna do great damage to Kaido you should do even better in front of other people

still a MASSIVE HYPE

Shanks' hype is intact comparatively to Kaido. He is still among the people Kaido acknowledge himself could fight him

Especially since the context of the statement is resolving around the people who could threaten Kaido's life from his own personal experience, hence why someone like Big Mom isn't mentioned despite matching the first time they meet in decades.

So the context remains the same. It was about the people Kaido viewed as capable to threaten his life, and thus indirectly granting him more hype than other people Kaido encountered without his life being threatened(Big Mom and co)

The "how high in the ceiling" part only matters when it comes down to Roger and Whitebeard, who we already knew before were the top pirates, hence Oda placing them at the top
Putting the matter aside of people linking the "only few people capable of fighting me" with the heads of the guys shown behind Luffy, which from the flow of the panels is not even a given, Kaido is talking about Luffy´s ceiling, not the ceiling of the "top".

He is practically asking how far Luffy can develop. His train of thought is "just a few days ago i destroyed him, what happened in that short while, only a few people are capable of fighting me, how much can he develop further", which implies now Luffy is one of those that can fight him, while asking, since he managed to reach that from not being able to fight him at all to actually doing that, how far he can develop further, and as practical representatives of how far Luffy could develop, you have 5 distinct characters who each made a different mark on the world.
The ceiling is relevant for all of the 5 guys, only on different levels, both in strength, and also achievement.
Is Luffy "just" going to peak at Oden? Is he gonna match a Yonkou, meaning Shanks? Can he reach Rocks, my old captain (who might be an inbetweener between Yonkou and PK level)? Or is he gonna reach PK level strength but not become PK (Whitebeard)? Or is his ceiling actually Pirate King (Roger)?
While we know, his ceiling in strength is at least PK, but in achievement it is actually higher.

Wrong.
He has an argument

Prime Roger to beat Xebec : needs Navy help
Prime Roger after beating XebeC : the Real becomes his and he gains Great pirate status

Sick Roger fighting WB : gained nothing.

If you accept wb > Xebec then Rate Oden ~ Xebec > Shanks then
If you make the equation God valley Roger ( healthy) > Sick Roger= Whitebeard then you have to count that someone like Roger who was 40 years old so prime Roger couldnt beat Rocks alone that speaks hype over hype for Rocks

While Whitebeard was equal to sick Roger who was near death and Rocks made Roger ask help from Garp
This is massive difference
I also think prime Roger and Rocks are a class on there own

Main problem with Shanks hype ... "it's too high to believe"

Shanks did stop Kaido after a small fight
Shanks did challenged ever single man in Marine Ford and they refused to fight

they can't believe Shanks and ' unbeatable RHP ' can do this ... while ... he did do this
As I see it, then of course I could be wrong, pretty much everything is setting up Shanks to be a crucial character of the story and this was apparent since Oda set him up as Luffy role model in the very first chapter. He is the role model of Luffy, a legendary character who appears every #hundred chapters and does something "legendary" (he shares it with his "brother" Mihawk yet Mihawk is more diluted: appears more but with less impact). Clashes with WB, stops Marineford war then small mentions like this one, the last to comment on Luffy pseudo yonko status and he also gets just a shade while the other yonkos have more space. Lots of hints. Also he is among the strongest of the verse just for being an emperor, the only other possible contenders are IM (if Oda develops him in a combat way), Dragon (Oda needs to show he do something) and Mihawk given his rivalry with Shanks and title. Then of course Kaido and BM but they are probably done with this arc amd then BB who will 99% be the final villain and is also built to be an opposite of Shanks in a way (peace and chaos crusaders).

Is Luffy "just" going to peak at Oden? Is he gonna match a Yonkou, meaning Shanks? Can he reach Rocks, my old captain (who might be an inbetweener between Yonkou and PK level)? Or is he gonna reach PK level strength but not become PK (Whitebeard)? Or is his ceiling actually Pirate King (Roger)?
Makes zero sense. If he thought of yonkos, he should have thought of the one standing next him, aka Big Mom.
And its stupid to think Kaido imagined a different level between Roger and Whitebeard in that panel.