• Awful

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece - Chapter 962
Title:
The Daimyo and his Retainers

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.

CHAPTER IS OUT ON
Jaimini'sBox

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the WG community!​

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Oden's macho energy is jumping off every page. The build-up for his story has been warranted. It also seems that Oda really enjoys drawing him.

The efficiency of packing this volume of information and lore into only 13 pages is also very impressive. Even though it was only a small scene for each scabbard, I didn't feel they were necessarily short-changed.

I also have to say that Ashura's design grew on me. He looks like a true beast here

The possibility of the traitor being one of the scabbards decreases with every chapter in my opinion. This panel seems to build too much positive emotional baggage to think Oda would go back on it.

It was good to see Onimaru and Ushimaru. Also tell me Orochi doesn't have the most punch-able face in the series other than the celestial dragons :mad:

Last edited:
Amazing chapter. the flashback sped but quite a bit in this chapter/

Orochi is a little bitch even at a young age, kinda seemed like yasuie was suspecting him but didnt say anything.

Glad oda finally made the connection between izo and okiku

Man oden at age 18 was a god damn beast, but lets give some props to douji here as well.

Man i cant wait for the info on the rocks. It seems like one of person in there is shiki or am i seeing things lol

Cant wat for next weeks chapter

S

Shura

wow...nice chapter....I thought it would be boring but while I reading, I really felt the journey of Oden and his exploits...nice way to move forward without feeling rushed...

Shutenmaru is the strongest of the scabbards....

Who is that fifth person along with WB/BigMom/Kaido/Shiki??

Yasu already started suspecting Orochi.....there is nothing in the chapter about the spoiler of "Orochi stealing the devil fruit or money"....

It may be that Oden is the first mate of WB before Marco and others...

Overall it is a great chapter....
Post automatically merged:

Ummm the DF stealing by Orochi was fake?

Anyways I want to know who are those 2 alongside BM,WB and Kaido.
One is Shiki...no idea about the other one

Ashura Doji is undisputably the strongest of the Red Scabbards now
Shutenmaru is the strongest of the scabbards....
No. He WAS the strongest, but Denjiro was a kid (12-13?). The amount of hype Denjiro has around him, he's likely the strongest and I bet it's Kyoshiro.

I'd go so far as to say Kyoshiro is the strongest Samurai alive.

Pretty good chapter, the pace is faster now and Oden doesn't spam open border speech anymore.

The numbers of Scabbards in the flashback don't match up though with the famous "Oden and his 9 red scabbards". With Izo being there, and let's assume all of Kawamatsu, Inuarashi, and Nekomamushi will join the party next chapter, it will be 10 scabbards instead of 9.
So will Izo leave the group early to join Whitebeard or actually something else will happen?

No. He WAS the strongest, but Denjiro was a kid (12-13?). The amount of hype Denjiro has around him, he's likely the strongest and I bet it's Kyoshiro.

Denjiro's biggest hype is that he is the last Scabbard to be revealed . but Ashura has more hype than him ( most dangerous criminal in most dangerous area in Wano , called monster/beast several times , placed in the middle besides Denjiro and Kawamatsu , which could be like how Akainu was always in the middle besides Aokiji and Kizaru in Marineford )

also Ashura has more feats ( blitzed Jack , pushed Oden pretty far )

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me

What hype does Denjiro have above Ashura Doji exactly? Even the one panel that is Denjiro and Kawamatsu's sole claim to fame, has Ashura Doji smack dab in the middle

I mean it's not impossible, but where exactly is this special hype? If anything only Ashura Doji has constantly separated himself from the rest.

Denjiro's biggest hype is that he is the last Scabbard to be revealed . but Ashura has more hype than him ( most dangerous criminal in most dangerous area in Wano , called monster/beast several times , placed in the middle besides Denjiro and Kawamatsu , which could be like how Akainu was always in the middle besides Aokiji and Kizaru in Marineford )

also Ashura has more feats ( blitzed Jack , pushed Oden pretty far )
Well that image was from Kinemon's perspective who travelled through time 20 years.
20 years ago Ashura was still stronger than Denjiro or other scabbards and that's what is in Kinemon's memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.