Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Poor

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Awful

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This chapter for me, directly confirms that Orochi's character is inspired from Akechi Mitsuhide, the man who killed Oda Nobunaga (who has inspired Oden's character) and became Shogun for 13 days.

1. Akechi Mitsuhide and Orochi were responsible for the deaths of Oda Nobunaga and Oden respectively, and did so to fulfil their ambitions.​

2. Both Akechi and Orochi had sly, cunning personalities (With Mitsuhide, Luis Frois and Ota Gyuichi- both contemporary sources - said that Akechi Mitsuhide was a cunning, devious and frequent liar).​

3. Both Akechi and Orochi hunted for the sons of the shoguns they betrayed and killed.​
4. Akechi killed Oda, burning his residence; Orochi tried to kill Oden's family, burning his residence.​
5. Both met fierce resistance from Oda's and Oden's retainers​

The only difference is that Orochi became for shogun for 20 years, whilst Akechi Mitsuhide became shogun for 13 days, and this to me, gives a very nice contrast. Orochi represents what Akechi Mitsuhide would've achieved if someone strong backed him up, like how Kaido backed Orochi.

And Orochi being inspired from Akechi Mitsuhide also fits the whole "day, night" thing going in this arc; Orochi's full name is "Kurozomi Orochi" - Kurozomi means darkness; Oden's full name is "Kozuki Oden" - Kozuki contains the kanji for "light"... they are basically two sides of the same coin; polar opposites.

Akechi Mitsuhide's full name is Koretō Hyūga no Kami - transcribe the “hyuga” into kanji, and you get “日向” – the part means “sun”, or "day" (the time when the sun is in the sky) and means "facing/headed toward"; in other words, it means “heading towards day”.... With Kozuki also containing the kanji for "moon" and the Kozuki family always associated with the moon somewhat, it makes sense.

With Kozuki Oden, it's clear that his character was inspired somewhat, from Oda Nobunaga:

1. Both were known for their bizarre behaviour in their childhood and teenage years, with Oda weaving in the Hercules myths to emphasize that in Kozuki Oden's character, in classic OP style.​
2. Oda Nobunaga was nicknamed "fool of Owari" and was daimyo of Owari; Yasuie called Oden a "fool" in chapter 961, and became daimyo of Kuri. Coincidence?​
3. Both were betrayed and had their residences burned by Akechi and Orochi, both having similar personalities and assumed the title of Shogun right after Oda and Oden's deaths.​
4. Tokugawa Ieyasu was a contemporary to Oda; Yasuie was a contemporary to Oden. Only difference is that Ieyasu was a retainer, whilst Yasuie simply knew and admired Oden.​
Nobunaga also executed Hatano Hideharu, which Akechi took the castle from.
Then Hideharu's vassals killed Akechi's mom Akechi then decided to kill Oda

Maybe it will come into play but I think Orochi is just rotten to the core.

Next chapter probably handle Kawamatsu,Nekomamushi and Inuarashi, after that im sure we gonna see how Oden Entranced Whitebeard and later Whitebeard, Oda literally spoiler us already with it:

Something funny happen with Whitebeard and Roger, then Sanjii look shocked with could mean we gonna see the reason why Sanji look shocked in that panel(I think it has something to do with Roger adventure who was already announce). Then we see in the panel above after we see the face of Nami,Carrot and Brook, something bad happen why Sanji looking pissed,Nami angry and Luffy shocked.
Im sure after the part with Whitebeard and Roger, we gonna see the battle with Kaido vs Oden who get beaten down(either by Kaido in a fair 1on1 fight or with the help of Orochi who use poison), where Oden was taken to Flower Capital.

Hearing the words of Kaido to Momonusuke, I think he offer Oden too beeing one of his alliance as Orochi, but Oden most like don´t accept it and get killed by Kaido and Orochi via Executed...

I looking forward to see Roger adventure and then the big fight with Oden vs Kaido, I hope Oda don´t offpaneled it, I can understand Oden vs Shutenmaru, but not Kaido vs Oden, otherwise we never go see how strong was Oden at his EoS...

Nobunaga also executed Hatano Hideharu, which Akechi took the castle from.
Then Hideharu's vassals killed Akechi's mom Akechi then decided to kill Oda

Maybe it will come into play but I think Orochi is just rotten to the core.
Indeed, and the most plausible motives behind Akechi's killing of Nobunaga was a personal grudge as well as ambition to become Shogun. In Orochi's case, we've seen the ambition part (him plotting Oden's death to be Shogun), and I think we've already been given a hint on a personal grudge.

Back in ch 961, Oden called Orochi a "weirdo" when they first met, despite Orochi trying to do a good (and weird) deed for him. I think we might see Oden continue to dismiss Orochi's fake deeds, and he might even be the only one who just doesn't trust Orochi, which might contribute to a grudge motive.​
I also think Orochi had this ambition from the start, ever since he was taken in by Lord Yasuie... and tried to climb up the ladder of authority by bringing others down and make them look bad, just like what he did with Oden.... This could also be why Orochi never showed signs of remorse when he killed Yasuie. It's because he used him as a tool for his own gains; Oden probably realized that from the start.​

Also, here's something crazy: Akechi Mitsuhide was killed by a bandit leader in the middle of a forest, right after he retreated from a losing battle against one of Oda's retainers...

This "bandit leader" in Wano is none other than Shutenmaru! Now, I'm not saying Shutenmaru will kill Orochi, as there are many other candidates who has the motive to do so as well, such as Hiyori, Momo, even Zoro etc... but I think Shutenmaru might play a bigger role than what we might expect in this arc.

Indeed, and the most plausible motives behind Akechi's killing of Nobunaga was a personal grudge as well as ambition to become Shogun. In Orochi's case, we've seen the ambition part (him plotting Oden's death to be Shogun), and I think we've already been given a hint on a personal grudge.

Back in ch 961, Oden called Orochi a "weirdo" when they first met, despite Orochi trying to do a good (and weird) deed for him. I think we might see Oden continue to dismiss Orochi's fake deeds, and he might even be the only one who just doesn't trust Orochi, which might contribute to a grudge motive.​
I also think Orochi had this ambition from the start, ever since he was taken in by Lord Yasuie... and tried to climb up the ladder of authority by bringing others down and make them look bad, just like what he did with Oden.... This could also be why Orochi never showed signs of remorse when he killed Yasuie. It's because he used him as a tool for his own gains; Oden probably realized that from the start.​

Also, here's something crazy: Akechi Mitsuhide was killed by a bandit leader in the middle of a forest, right after he retreated from a losing battle against one of Oda's retainers...

This "bandit leader" in Wano is none other than Shutenmaru! Now, I'm not saying Shutenmaru will kill Orochi, as there are many other candidates who has the motive to do so as well, such as Hiyori, Momo, even Zoro etc... but I think Shutenmaru might play a bigger role than what we might expect in this arc.
Reading the intent may be another form of observation haki.

I mean it's important.

In future sanji may be able to do it.

Last edited:
Reading the intent may be another form of observation haki.

I mean it's important.

May be in future sanji may be able to do it.
It is as Luffy uses it naturally. It is also why Oda stated Luffy has the highest Emotional IQ in the series. Oden like Luffy uses that form of Haki naturally which is why Luffy reacted the same way when he met Blackbeard in Mock Town.

It is as Luffy uses it naturally. It is also why Oda stated Luffy has the highest Emotional IQ in the series. Oden like Luffy uses that form of Haki naturally which is why Luffy reacted the same way when he met Blackbeard in Mock Town.
Hmmm
This is an op ability which everyone seems to ignore.

Last edited:
H

Homelander

I am happy with fast forwarding the flashback. I hope we get over oden storyline and get back to present.

However odens past will be crucial to the current plot right now. We know oda wouldnt just pop a huge flashback an important one.

Oden is linked to two pirate crews. We know rocks split and grew in power when oden became damiyo.

So why did inu and neko left mink land ? We know minks have affliation with kozuki clan so there must be particular incident oden may have helped the minks.

We know kinemon and others meet WB and roger pirates so my only guess is oden got picked from wano.

Would be interesting Whitebeard gatecrashing wano soon?

He reminds me of Pre timeskip Luffy. The Luffy who gave zero fucks.

The Luffy who was about equality that smacked Vivi. The Luffy who killed people in Impel down, and Ennies Lobby.

The luffy who was smart. The Luffy who released prisoners.

Post timeskip Luffy would never do that. He too good. He is also more "shounen".
Do you need a tissue for your issue mr cry baby, the only thing thats changed is the fact his brother died so he thinks about consequences of his actions more, dont get me wrong he still is reckless as hell but he knows his limits and knows when he needs help or not. Aka its called the story moving forward bud.

Next chapter probably handle Kawamatsu,Nekomamushi and Inuarashi, after that im sure we gonna see how Oden Entranced Whitebeard and later Whitebeard, Oda literally spoiler us already with it:

Something funny happen with Whitebeard and Roger, then Sanjii look shocked with could mean we gonna see the reason why Sanji look shocked in that panel(I think it has something to do with Roger adventure who was already announce). Then we see in the panel above after we see the face of Nami,Carrot and Brook, something bad happen why Sanji looking pissed,Nami angry and Luffy shocked.
Im sure after the part with Whitebeard and Roger, we gonna see the battle with Kaido vs Oden who get beaten down(either by Kaido in a fair 1on1 fight or with the help of Orochi who use poison), where Oden was taken to Flower Capital.

Hearing the words of Kaido to Momonusuke, I think he offer Oden too beeing one of his alliance as Orochi, but Oden most like don´t accept it and get killed by Kaido and Orochi via Executed...

I looking forward to see Roger adventure and then the big fight with Oden vs Kaido, I hope Oda don´t offpaneled it, I can understand Oden vs Shutenmaru, but not Kaido vs Oden, otherwise we never go see how strong was Oden at his EoS...
The worst page in the entire series. :pepeke:

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Looking at that panel. Maybe oden held kaido off but orochi spun it made everyone hate oden. Who then gave his swords to his kids and gave himself up roger style

Status
Not open for further replies.