Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Poor

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Awful

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wano is shaping up to be one of the best arcs if not the best arc in shounen. I'm being serious here. I don't even think there has ever been another ongoing comic or graphic novel thats attempting to do what Oda is doing right now. I've never seen a single comic of any kind thats just so dense with story. I mean the only thing I could liken it to would be a big time Comic Book event like the original Civil War in Marvel Comics with all of it's tie-in issues and even that still wasn't as long as Wano is shaping up to be and it's various storylines were being written by multiple people. Which makes it even crazier that Oda is doing all of this on his own.

The Oden flashback has been great so far. Oda managed to wrap up the meetings of the scabbards in 3 chapters and even then just reading their individual panels felt like each one could have been a story in and of itself. So it makes sense that certain sections would have to be trimmed down. It still manages to convey everything he needed to in the minimal amount of time. I have a feeling that other storylines are going to be longer like Oden setting out to sea and meeting Whitebeard & Roger, Meeting Toki, Kaidou's arrival, Orochi's betrayal, etc. But we'll see.

Really liking Oden as a character. One Piece is naturally an exaggerated world of Tall Tales. As such we frequently run into larger than life characters who are known for crazy over the top stuff. Oden is quickly cementing himself as one of the greats. People have already made the Luffy connection but it's really only in the sense that they're cut from the same cloth. They're whats referred to as an Übermensch (German for "Beyond-Man", "Superman", "Overman", "Superhuman") basically a beyond average Man who disregards society's norms in order to create their own. I'd ramble about his characterization more but I think I've said enough for now.

One last thing I wanna mention was that I liked how Oda wrote the transition over to the scabbards story as if it was Oden recounting the memoirs from his journal. Thought it was a nice touch before switching back to normal narration.

Oda has to walk a fine line here. If he included everything interesting about Oden, the Scabbards, WB, Roger, Kaido, Toki etc. in the flashback, it would be one behemoth of a flashback (we're talking 20+ chapters then). That's just not ideal for the story, so he has to speed things up at certain points, which he actually did quite well this chapter imho.
Didn´t even the editor said something about we seeing Roger Adventure(flashback)?
Since that we all know they already make more chapters who coming out soon, so probably later after 2-3 chapters Rogers Flashback gonna start?

Wano is shaping up to be one of the best arcs if not the best arc in shounen.
Yeah feel the same, I like all the build up and seeing how Oda take the time to make a good arc,I like his way.

Do you think Luffy and co gonna win at the fire festivel or did they end as in the tea party?

black clover's timeskip doesnt even hold 1/10 of naruto's.
the best shonen right now is chainsawman, legit low difs anything bar one piece its not even fair

I guess wano for power level tards has been unenjoyable lol :gokulaugh:
I am having a blast, the lore is amazing... and community engagement hasn't been more lively ever.
still linkng WCI better tho, but its kinda not fair

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
black clover's timeskip doesnt even hold 1/10 of naruto's.
the best shonen right now is chainsawman, legit low difs anything bar one piece its not even fair

I guess wano for power level tards has been unenjoyable lol :gokulaugh:
I am having a blast, the lore is amazing... and community engagement hasn't been more lively ever.
still linkng WCI better tho, but its kinda not fair
Chainsawman is also my current favorite outside of my childhood manga that's still ongoing (OP, Conan, Ippo and JoJo)

The latest arc is bananas. The cast of characters is very unique for a Jump manga. I'm a fan so far but the author still needs to add some missing elements. But it's only been 50 chapters so there's so much room to grow. It's going to become huge if it gets an anime with the quality of demon slayer. Same with Spy x Family and Jujutsu Kaisen as well. They'll become huge once they get an anime.

Do you think Luffy and co gonna win at the fire festivel?
Oh no not at all. They're absolutely going to get destroyed at the fire festival.

I know Oda is using a 5 Act structure for Wano but the same rules for the second Act in any 3 Act structure would still apply. Being that: in the middle section of the story it is necessary that there be some sort of fall to give the Heroes something to rise from in the final phase of the story. I'm not an expert in Kabuki plays but to my understanding this would coincide with how the 3rd Act of Kabuki plays typically end in tragedy.

In addition to that one of the other general rules for storytelling is that if the plan is explained the plan WILL go wrong.

So yeah on every level the strawhats just have to fail at the fire festival.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Wano is shaping up to be one of the best arcs if not the best arc in shounen. I'm being serious here. I don't even think there has ever been another ongoing comic or graphic novel thats attempting to do what Oda is doing right now. I've never seen a single comic of any kind thats just so dense with story. I mean the only thing I could liken it to would be a big time Comic Book event like the original Civil War in Marvel Comics with all of it's tie-in issues and even that still wasn't as long as Wano is shaping up to be and it's various storylines were being written by multiple people. Which makes it even crazier that Oda is doing all of this on his own.
Add to that is that it's a WEEKLY comic. I've never seen a series that is this dense in story and setup that is written by a single author weekly without long hiatuses. Very impressive.

Oda has to walk a fine line here. If he included everything interesting about Oden, the Scabbards, WB, Roger, Kaido, Toki etc. in the flashback, it would be one behemoth of a flashback (we're talking 20+ chapters then). That's just not ideal for the story, so he has to speed things up at certain points, which he actually did quite well this chapter imho.
Yes ,I understand how tall of an order it is ,but as I said it depends how much he expands on this flashback.If he also rushes through other stuff in this flashback ,just like he rushes through everything in Wano right now,then yes it will be a quite a problem personally.
who is takamura.?

i agree about the "rushing"
Character from Hajime no Ippo.

Worth watching the anime and then binging the manga.
Best sport manga out there personally,followed by Diamond no Ace.(From what I have watched of course)

What a shitty arc Wano have been even Black Clover is better than this shitty arc.

Just started binge watching Kimetsu no Yaiba and Black Clover it'll make me preoccupied until the worst arc(wano) in One Piece is done.
Block list this clown
Post automatically merged:

The Oden flashback has been great so far. Oda managed to wrap up the meetings of the scabbards in 3 chapters and even then just reading their individual panels felt like each one could have been a story in and of itself. So it makes sense that certain sections would have to be trimmed down. It still manages to convey everything he needed to in the minimal amount of time. I have a feeling that other storylines are going to be longer like Oden setting out to sea and meeting Whitebeard & Roger, Meeting Toki, Kaidou's arrival, Orochi's betrayal, etc. But we'll see.

Really liking Oden as a character. One Piece is naturally an exaggerated world of Tall Tales. As such we frequently run into larger than life characters who are known for crazy over the top stuff. Oden is quickly cementing himself as one of the greats. People have already made the Luffy connection but it's really only in the sense that they're cut from the same cloth. They're whats referred to as an Übermensch (German for "Beyond-Man", "Superman", "Overman", "Superhuman") basically a beyond average Man who disregards society's norms in order to create their own. I'd ramble about his characterization more but I think I've said enough for now.

One last thing I wanna mention was that I liked how Oda wrote the transition over to the scabbards story as if it was Oden recounting the memoirs from his journal. Thought it was a nice touch before switching back to normal narration.
I realy missed your posts my guy

This chapter for me, directly confirms that Orochi's character is inspired from Akechi Mitsuhide, the man who killed Oda Nobunaga (who has inspired Oden's character) and became Shogun for 13 days.

1. Akechi Mitsuhide and Orochi were responsible for the deaths of Oda Nobunaga and Oden respectively, and did so to fulfil their ambitions.​

2. Both Akechi and Orochi had sly, cunning personalities (With Mitsuhide, Luis Frois and Ota Gyuichi- both contemporary sources - said that Akechi Mitsuhide was a cunning, devious and frequent liar).​

3. Both Akechi and Orochi hunted for the sons of the shoguns they betrayed and killed.​
4. Akechi killed Oda, burning his residence; Orochi tried to kill Oden's family, burning his residence.​
5. Both met fierce resistance from Oda's and Oden's retainers​

The only difference is that Orochi became for shogun for 20 years, whilst Akechi Mitsuhide became shogun for 13 days, and this to me, gives a very nice contrast. Orochi represents what Akechi Mitsuhide would've achieved if someone strong backed him up, like how Kaido backed Orochi.

And Orochi being inspired from Akechi Mitsuhide also fits the whole "day, night" thing going in this arc; Orochi's full name is "Kurozomi Orochi" - Kurozomi means darkness; Oden's full name is "Kozuki Oden" - Kozuki contains the kanji for "light"... they are basically two sides of the same coin; polar opposites.

Akechi Mitsuhide's full name is Koretō Hyūga no Kami - transcribe the “hyuga” into kanji, and you get “日向” – the part means “sun”, or "day" (the time when the sun is in the sky) and means "facing/headed toward"; in other words, it means “heading towards day”.... With Kozuki also containing the kanji for "moon" and the Kozuki family always associated with the moon somewhat, it makes sense.

With Kozuki Oden, it's clear that his character was inspired somewhat, from Oda Nobunaga:

1. Both were known for their bizarre behaviour in their childhood and teenage years, with Oda weaving in the Hercules myths to emphasize that in Kozuki Oden's character, in classic OP style.​
2. Oda Nobunaga was nicknamed "fool of Owari" and was daimyo of Owari; Yasuie called Oden a "fool" in chapter 961, and became daimyo of Kuri. Coincidence?​
3. Both were betrayed and had their residences burned by Akechi and Orochi, both having similar personalities and assumed the title of Shogun right after Oda and Oden's deaths.​
4. Tokugawa Ieyasu was a contemporary to Oda; Yasuie was a contemporary to Oden. Only difference is that Ieyasu was a retainer, whilst Yasuie simply knew and admired Oden.​

This chapter for me, directly confirms that Orochi's character is inspired from Akechi Mitsuhide, the man who killed Oda Nobunaga (who has inspired Oden's character) and became Shogun for 13 days.

1. Akechi Mitsuhide and Orochi were responsible for the deaths of Oda Nobunaga and Oden respectively, and did so to fulfil their ambitions.​

2. Both Akechi and Orochi had sly, cunning personalities (With Mitsuhide, Luis Frois and Ota Gyuichi- both contemporary sources - said that Akechi Mitsuhide was a cunning, devious and frequent liar).​

3. Both Akechi and Orochi hunted for the sons of the shoguns they betrayed and killed.​
4. Akechi killed Oda, burning his residence; Orochi tried to kill Oden's family, burning his residence.​
5. Both met fierce resistance from Oda's and Oden's retainers​

The only difference is that Orochi became for shogun for 20 years, whilst Akechi Mitsuhide became shogun for 13 days, and this to me, gives a very nice contrast. Orochi represents what Akechi Mitsuhide would've achieved if someone strong backed him up, like how Kaido backed Orochi.

And Orochi being inspired from Akechi Mitsuhide also fits the whole "day, night" thing going in this arc; Orochi's full name is "Kurozomi Orochi" - Kurozomi means darkness; Oden's full name is "Kozuki Oden" - Kozuki contains the kanji for "light"... they are basically two sides of the same coin; polar opposites.

Akechi Mitsuhide's full name is Koretō Hyūga no Kami - transcribe the “hyuga” into kanji, and you get “日向” – the part means “sun”, or "day" (the time when the sun is in the sky) and means "facing/headed toward"; in other words, it means “heading towards day”.... With Kozuki also containing the kanji for "moon" and the Kozuki family always associated with the moon somewhat, it makes sense.

With Kozuki Oden, it's clear that his character was inspired somewhat, from Oda Nobunaga:

1. Both were known for their bizarre behaviour in their childhood and teenage years, with Oda weaving in the Hercules myths to emphasize that in Kozuki Oden's character, in classic OP style.​
2. Oda Nobunaga was nicknamed "fool of Owari" and was daimyo of Owari; Yasuie called Oden a "fool" in chapter 961, and became daimyo of Kuri. Coincidence?​
3. Both were betrayed and had their residences burned by Akechi and Orochi, both having similar personalities and assumed the title of Shogun right after Oda and Oden's deaths.​
4. Tokugawa Ieyasu was a contemporary to Oda; Yasuie was a contemporary to Oden. Only difference is that Ieyasu was a retainer, whilst Yasuie simply knew and admired Oden.​
Who is Luffy based off of?

Oden is 95 % like Luffy with a different fighting style.

1)Oden is obsessed with freedom like Luffy. He always wanted to be a pirate since he was a child like Luffy.

2)Oden has Conquerors Haki like Luffy

3)Oden has Voice of All Things like Luffy

4) Oden has Charisma to attract allies like Luffy and charm people

5)Oden was age 19 when he took over Udon and defeated Shutenmaru like, Luffy is age 19 right now taking out the Yonko.

6)Oden became Damaiyo at age 20, like Luffy will become Pirate King at age 20.

7) Oden has 9 Scabbards like Luffy has 9 Strawhats.

8) He causes chaos wherever he goes like Luffy.

There has not been 1 place Luffy has visited without being in chaos, just like Oden.

Who is Luffy based off of?

Oden is 95 % like Luffy with a different fighting style.

1)Oden is obsessed with freedom like Luffy. He always wanted to be a pirate since he was a child like Luffy.

2)Oden has Conquerors Haki like Luffy

3)Oden has Voice of All Things like Luffy

4) Oden has Charisma to attract allies like Luffy and charm people

5)Oden was age 19 when he took over Udon and defeated Shutenmaru like, Luffy is age 19 right now taking out the Yonko.

6)Oden became Damaiyo at age 20, like Luffy will become Pirate King at age 20.

7) Oden has 9 Scabbards like Luffy has 9 Strawhats.

8) He causes chaos wherever he goes like Luffy.

There has not been 1 place Luffy has visited without being in chaos, just like Oden.
Good points. But Oden has CoC? Did I overread something?

Status
Not open for further replies.