Break Week .

Kaido's fought too many people for that to even make sense. If Gear 5 is able to overwhelm him to the same extent as G4 did to Doffy. Then maybe we can at least say he overpowered Kaido. But there's still things to consider like Luffy's stamina issues and how many people Kaido's has had to go through. Luffy hasn't earned that title nor will he IMO. His goal is to be PK not the WSM.

He will be the strongest by EOS, but not right now.

H

humanbeing

Kaido is toughest without questions because of his DF and skin, so he is a tank, but talented haki top tiers will defeat him. he doesn't even has future sight or even not very good observation. even BM who really sucks at observation haki was better than him. she warned him about Zoro's Enma.
I would assume Shanks , Mihawk and Dragon all of them can defeat Kaido and are harder to fight than Kaido.
I assume Shanks is better in every color of haki than Kaido, imagine he can see further than Katakuri in the future so Kaido will not really be able to lands many attacks on him.
so even if Luffy defeats him he will not be the strongest yet.
Shanks and Dragon as haki masters should be still above him.
and BB will surpass Kaido and even WB because of his mastery of his DFs.
so Luffy will be always the underdog.

H

humanbeing

It doesn't matter for Luffy fans, they are claiming Kaido is still super fine so yes for them if Luffy beats Kaido, he will be the WSC :suresure:
either way i never believed those titles , and that Kaido being the strongest. he is called the strongest creature but still he was defeated 7 times and let us be honest if he was the strongest really who can beat every one, taking his personality into consideration he would have gone and defeated everyone just to suppress them just like he did with Luffy and co.
normally the hardest to fight don't get defeated by Luffy from the beginning.
Kaido for sure spent some energy in his fights but he still looks fine like nothing happened he doesn't even huff.