News Officially NEW ONE PIECE FILM:RED

Stop with the Shanks dying/offscreen nonsense:

He's not being offscreened or dying by blackbeards hand. He's a far more important character than Blackbeard. Sick of seeing this "Shanks = Dumbledore" mentality we have of the character. He isn't Luffy's mentor, he never was. If you want to expect a character to be killed off, assume Luffy's "Dumbledore" is Rayleigh, not Shanks.

edit: mods deleting pics? One minute they are there and next they aren't

Last edited:
Movie is just going to be about the SHs fighting some dude who has a grudge against Shanks. Watch lol
Lmao totally this. It'll be the former Yonko from from 8 years prior. Dude will probably go into Shanks' ruthlessness as a pirate or some shit. Same with Stampede, it was just Roger Pirate hype, as was Strong World. Z was just Admiral hype lol.

Movies are fun and good, but they are almost always there for pure entertainment and to support the manga.

I extremely doubt that tbh. Shanks is too much of a focus in the title and the poster.
Hey, I hope I’m wrong lol. Just don’t see us getting an in depth Shanks backstory in a movie instead of the actual manga. But we’ll see. Film Z and Stampede both used their villains to hype up existing characters we wanted to learn more about. I doubt it will be any different with this movie.

Could we be at the point that there's only so much time to put everything into the manga that crucial info about a character could be in movies as well and not just the manga, or is it really a case that crucial info will always be in the manga?

Hey, I hope I’m wrong lol. Just don’t see us getting an in depth Shanks backstory in a movie instead of the actual manga. But we’ll see. Film Z and Stampede both used their villains to hype up existing characters we wanted to learn more about. I doubt it will be any different with this movie.
Yeah, I too hope so but I ain't really expecting it to be canon myself. This is the same reason why I knew we wouldn't get a Rocks movie at all. But let's see.