Questions & Mysteries Why does Zoro need to know King’s race to win? Cant he just cut his head off?

Okay i get it. Oda wants to do a Daz Bones/Pica thing where there is a trick to the fight but he has royally fucked up.

The only race ability King has is his fire powers which Zoro already nulls. So the Daz Bones cutting steal or Pica making sure he cant manipulate earth by stranding him in mid air type tactic is already done. The important part of King’s race is his fire powers and they already do not matter.

Oda is now adding another thing to King’s race apparently. He now has some kind of hyper regeneration that border of Kaido’s regeneration where damage seems to vanish from page to page. Okay. But Zoro already scarred Kaido. Zoro has already shown being capable of permanent damage on people with ridiculous regeneration… Unless you want to argue that King has better Regeneration than Kaido which is highly unlikely.

So the question remains, cant zoro just cut his Head off? Like would Zoro cutting King’s head off not work no matter what King’s race is? What about cutting an arm or a leg or a wing off? Are we supposed to believe Zoro needs a physical stat boost? Or a Haki boost? Or a tactic? Like what is Zoro even talking about?

I feel like it's a setup for a reveal that will happen once King's suit is removed. Possibly revealing more about Lunarians as well as a weakspot which Zoro can exploit.
The problem is that as pointed out, Zoro doesn't know any of this and from his point of view he should just try to win by being stronger than King, but if there's actually something going on under King's suit then this can be just chucked down to some poor setup that slightly breaks character.

Okay i get it. Oda wants to do a Daz Bones/Pica thing where there is a trick to the fight but he has royally fucked up.

The only race ability King has is his fire powers which Zoro already nulls. So the Daz Bones cutting steal or Pica making sure he cant manipulate earth by stranding him in mid air type tactic is already done. The important part of King’s race is his fire powers and they already do not matter.

Oda is now adding another thing to King’s race apparently. He now has some kind of hyper regeneration that border of Kaido’s regeneration where damage seems to vanish from page to page. Okay. But Zoro already scarred Kaido. Zoro has already shown being capable of permanent damage on people with ridiculous regeneration… Unless you want to argue that King has better Regeneration than Kaido which is highly unlikely.

So the question remains, cant zoro just cut his Head off? Like would Zoro cutting King’s head off not work no matter what King’s race is? What about cutting an arm or a leg or a wing off? Are we supposed to believe Zoro needs a physical stat boost? Or a Haki boost? Or a tactic? Like what is Zoro even talking about?
Zoro hasn't used CoC coating on King, he won't be able to heal from that.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Lmao

1.He's royally fucked up yet you don't even know the reveal? Not having patience is one thing, but you're putting a stamp on half assed information.

2.Maybe just maybe Zoro isn't as strong as you thought? (Besides it's not like King is gonna let him get a free hit on him, maybe he can cut his head off but will King allow it? With that logic Zoro can cut Shanks' head off too)

I do agree Oda tends to do fake hype when it comes to growth. Like Luffy's FS back on WCI, like that was the reason he "beat" Kat when it clearly wasn't, certainly not the biggest reason atleast.

Last edited:
The point Oda is trying to make is King is not only very durable but he has another power that makes him harder to damage than Kaido.

Remember, Marco took a sword through the head and was fine.
Its interesting how Oda make the 4 YC1s have different specialization:

- Marco: regeneration
- Kata: clairvoyance
- King: durability

Wonder whats Ben Beckmann's specialization is gonna be

First of all, since when Kaido has amazing regen? Was this ever stated or showed? 20 years later he didn't regen the scar from Oden so idk what you are talking about. In fact, Yamato said he is already getting tired when he clashed again with Luffy and Onigashima started to crack. Doesn't seem amazing regen to me.

Second, Oda already state by feats and words that King is above Kaido. So don't bitch about it.

But yes, I agree that there is no reason for Zoro knowing what the hell is King's race. Maybe he spares him if he knows he is the last of his race(the last one is gay, holy shit...).

First of all, since when Kaido has amazing regen? Was this ever stated or showed? 20 years later he didn't regen the scar from Oden so idk what you are talking about. In fact, Yamato said he is already getting tired when he clashed again with Luffy and Onigashima started to crack. Doesn't seem amazing regen to me.

Second, Oda already state by feats and words that King is above Kaido. So don't bitch about it.

But yes, I agree that there is no reason for Zoro knowing what the hell is King's race. Maybe he spares him if he knows he is the last of his race(the last one is gay, holy shit...).
Stamina and regeneration(healing) are two different things

Its interesting how Oda make the 4 YC1s have different specialization:

- Marco: regeneration
- Kata: clairvoyance
- King: durability

Wonder whats Ben Beckmann's specialization is gonna be
Yes, I agree and what is really interesting is their power revolves around being difficult to hurt.

Marco: regeneration - he can instantly heal from any attack.

Katakuri: clairvoyance - his FS allows him to evade attacks by seeing the attack before it's performed. If he can't be hit, can't be hurt.

King: durability - incrediblly tough body, plus whatever else he has, make some hard to hurt.

Shiryu: invincible - it's hard to hit what you can't see, follow, or track.

Ben: full body barrier haki? Think about Vergo and Pica but with much stronger invisible barrier haki. His opponents wouldn't realize why they can't hurt him at first.

Stamina and regeneration(healing) are two different things
If you have regen you have stamina. Unless for Marco that literally uses stamina to regen. Anyway, the words used were Kaido being weakened not tired.
Post automatically merged:

Yes, I agree and what is really interesting is their power revolves around being difficult to hurt.

Marco: regeneration - he can instantly heal from any attack.

Katakuri: clairvoyance - his FS allows him to evade attacks by seeing the attack before it's performed. If he can't be hit, can't be hurt.

King: durability - incrediblly tough body, plus whatever else he has, make some hard to hurt.

Shiryu: invincible - it's hard to hit what you can't see, follow, or track.

Ben: full body barrier haki? Think about Vergo and Pica but with much stronger invisible barrier haki. His opponents wouldn't realize why they can't hurt him at first.
Fujitora disagree with you about Shiryu.