Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
What you're seeing is that I actually update my powerscaling in response to what the manga shows.
Your numerous updates show you that you are too much attached to what a single chapter or some chapters are showing instead of watching the big picture and the overall portrayal. The truth is much more in portrayal than feats.

You will have more updates to come if you keep hyping someone when he does good without thinking of his overall placement in the story.

Yeah King has a chance to be stronger than Kata. If he ends up stronger I won’t be shocked, I didn’t bet on that but okay. But does King has chance to be much much higher than Kata ? No. Even if he has good feats, the story tells the opposite, King won’t be >> Kata. Never.

Yamato had good feats but since she was likely joining the crew she always had a ceiling : not stronger than Zoro. At least for the time she was in she can’t be stronger than Zoro.

Zoro had huge chance of fighting King from the start and have a really hard fight against him.

So betting that End of Wano Zoro > King and End of Wano > Yamato was always the good bet.

So Yamato and King were relatives strength wise.

So betting for Yamato to be >> King was always the bad choice. Same for saying King >> Yamato now.

A fight between them would be really hard and interesting.

You underestimate King in the beginning thinking he wouldn’t have good feats and let’s be honest you also underestimated him because you didn’t think Zoro would fight him.
but King is a RH and they all had great portrayal and feats, no chance that this one would be different and disrespected by Oda.

Yeah Queen and King took their time to deliver but it was sure they would be as Zoro and Sanji fight.

same for the rooftop yeah it’s was flashy and shiny but overall people hyped that fight wayyy too much without thinking about what would happen next.

Saying that every single R5 were a good deal above RH/YC1 just seeing the rooftop was a big mistake.

Etc etc

Sometimes we have to take a backseat from feats, if we are too much into them we can miss what they meant

this chapter pretty much confirm such things like:

1. Enma and any cursed sword is indeed somekind of nerf for someone who's not worth but a buff for the worthy one
2. its always been Zoro's haki not Oden's
3. Oden >>> Zoro
4. Kuina and her father are Shimotsuki

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
:hope: I wonder what crazy attacks Oda will come up with that are stronger than Lion's Song and Hell Memories.
Oda has the simple answer of just applying Haoshoku to Zoro's existing repertoire of attacks.

For Sanji, maybe he unlocks Ryuo/blooms his hardening. We might see black flames when Sanji combines his fire with his haki.

He blocked a few attacks yeah but marco legit was having king shook every attack
Marco kicked King around twice with two attacks that had no lasting effect.

Zoro also accomplished something similar with Rengoku Oni Giri.

King was caught off guard because he was unaware of Marco's regeneration and healing.

Zoan Queen is a slow fatso who never landed a single attack on Marco.

To zoro fighting a king that was barely taking him seriously at the start.

Even just comparing kings reaction to zoro and marcos attacks there was definitely a big difference
King wasn't taking Marco seriously either.

Even when Marco fought King in a 1 vs 1, King wasn't taking him seriously.

King was very casual until Zoro cracked his mask. He became more serious after, but he still isn't going all out yet.

The reason I like this chapter so much is because it reinforces what Zoro is. He admits that if he keeps releasing Haki at that rate he might die, and yet he chooses to continue to do so. Because if he can't be the best there is, he'd rather be dead.

And the arc is still not over, I believe this is still the beginning of Zoro's story in Wano.

Similarities:
  • Both possess flight and high mobility.
  • Both can regenerate and/or heal themselves with attacks.
Marco is arguably faster and more agile than King imo but they're obviously super similar in that regard. When it comes too regen it's no discussion, King's regen is tied to a gimmick that can be countered most likely while Marco regenerates everything as long as his stamina lasts.

Differences:
  • Fire
    • Marco's fire heals others.
    • King's fire hurts others.
Marco's Phoenix flames > Prometheus. If King uses just normal fire than Marco's is stronger.

Durability
  • His wings are harder than Kaido's dragon scales.
Agreed.

Stamina
  • Scaling from Jack he should be able to fight for 5 days.
  • He outlasted Marco and wasn't winded in the slightest when his battle with Zoro started.
Even Ace and Jinbe fought for 5 days, it's just that Marco's been fighting against two opponents draining his stamina extra hard as hinted in this panel:

Offensive wise King looks better, still, Marco managed to send King crashing something Zoro needs yet to do and his kick against Queen have done more damage than PU Sanji with his strongest technique has done, granted, it was Base Queen.

I disagree that King is overall the better fighter, they're right on par.

G

Gorosei Informer

he has been AFK all day because of this chapter
Lmao I was thinking how Brago, KOL and Jay would react to this chapter! I know Jay gets really toxic when the chapters focus Sanji and or make Zoro look bad and Zoro did get stuck in the ground this chapter in the same way he did last chapter, which was weird too. No doubt, Jay will use that to slander him as he probably did for the last chapter too lol.

I do feel the Sanji vs Zoro stuff gets out of hand these days, certain people take it too far but there's still hilarious banter and memes that come from it here and there! I can only imagine Jay's reaction to this chapter too, his reactions are priceless hahaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.