Questions & Mysteries Did Whole Cake Island Arc make you hate Sanji?

Yup, can never see the character the same way again. For the sake of theatrics Oda destroyed his character.
-Man acted like all of pretimeskip (specifically AP, Enies Lobby) didn't happen, acting like Luffy would just walk out of WCI without his East Blue comrade
-Falling for BM spouting bullshit at him ("no way you'll let Luffy go? How kind of you!").
-To top it off he was a damsel in distress, crying outside of a 16 year old's bedroom
-And perhaps the worst of it all, the same dude who was willing to ignore innocent children being drugged back on PH suddenly became this "nicest guy" who wanted to risk getting his crewmates killed to save his psycho rapist siblings (all while sobbing like a little bitch).

Good job Oda, #yearofSanji
Ur point are really invalid, firstly how he fell for bigmom if he knew what she can do and didn't want to risk his friends life ? secondly he couldn't do anything while he was into bigmom territory, he had to be saved, so it comes down to his decision.
You clearly cannot seperate gag from serious scene because of ur clear bias but sanji is and always will be the kindest character in all of one piece, the whole point of whole cake is he DIDNT want to risk his friends life for him and zeff thats why he left, you clearly either have the brain capacity of a 5 year old or you are trolling hard rn, sanji did not trust his friends thats true, but he never in anyway meant to harm them and wanted to help sacrificing himself, ur insecurities with sanji and bias against him shows when you are complaining crying lmaoo try harder next time.

Am I the only one that hated Sanji due to whole cake island arc and how he treated Luffy and gave him wet food that he intended to give someone else and gave Luffy the food because the minor rejected him.
The food was meant for Pudding but Sanji was suffering such dilemma that he cooked his crewmates's favorite dishes. It's not about whether "the minor rejected him" or not, that was just a trigger for something he wanted to do and moved him to overdo her lunch. If it wasn't it, something would have eventually "forced" him to feed Luffy; who, of course, would have enjoyed anything from his cook.

Seriously, yours is a very simplistic take on that scene.

I hated him more for sure. He became robin 2.0. And a lot of bad things were added too even with that setup. We came from time skip meant to become strong so they can fight odds. Water 7 arc had great conflict with ussop and robins characters basically saying always believe in your captain and nakama, but all in drain. The resolution was also dogshit. Its just hne escaped, gained nothing plotwise except PIS since none of the dangers exist

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Already was establish in baratie that Sanji would cook for anyone thats hungry
It was such a big deal during the character's introduction.
I'm amazed that people are mad that Sanji didn't COMPLETELY break one of the FUNDAMENTAL traits presented ever since his introduction because it would have been more convenient.
"I used to like sanji pre-TS" my ass.
:sanmoji:

This is probably the main problem behind many simplistic lectures we get to see in this forum, indeed: people just don't read, but overall; wonder if they've ever taken on great literature and grown from it.
I mean I wouldn’t call it great literature, but at times it seems like some users just skim the manga when certain characters aren’t on screen or there’s no fight going on.

A lot of people misunderstand or just downright misquote a lot of what happened on WCI for example.

I mean I wouldn’t call it great literature, but at times it seems like some users just skim the manga when certain characters aren’t on screen or there’s no fight going on.

A lot of people misunderstand or just downright misquote a lot of what happened on WCI for example.
One Piece certainly isn't great literature, but you can tell who probably isn't a regular reader (and I mean of good books) just by their dumb takes on anything that isn't related to power levels (and even then...) and overall difficult to abstract themes, messages and such.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope

Dude, people to this day still quote that panel of Sanji telling Zoro to give up on his dream during Baratie as an actual argument.
What did you expect?
:lulz: