Speculations For Zoro Fans, how will Zoro vs Mihawk fit into the Narrative?

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
I want it to be a death battle tho and i dont see zoro killing his sensei.
It doesnt have to be a death battle but it be cooler if it was.
I hope the whole world spectates Zoro v Mihawk, the hype will be unreal
Zoro doesn't have to kill his sensei even if they go all out, nobody really kills their opponents in One Piece unless the plot dictates them to do so. However, I do see Zoro maybe breaking Yoru with Sanzen Sekai to show his growth like how Mihawk broke Zoro's swords in their first fight. Ofcourse, with his own black blades that he forged.

The problem is where does this feat into the straw hats journey or would mihawk specifically look for zoro to fight him.
Ideally, post the WG arc at the end of Zoro's journey.

As I said, it isn't going to be another 1v1 amongst a series of Strawhat matchups, it's going to be a sole 1v1 which would decide who becomes the WSS.

It won’t make sense for mihawk to fight zoro like they did in east blue mihawk worked for the government and zoro was a pirates while now they have a personal relationship
Makes zero sense, Mihawk was also a pirate at that time and his job for the WG was not to fight Zoro. Mihawk and Shanks also have a personal relationship and yet they duelled each other.

The point is, the entire "Mihawk has to be bad" narrative is built based on unfounded basis when the duel is about who is the strongest swordsmen.

I think the showdown with Teach & Co won't take place in Laugh Tale (maybe Lodestar?), so Zoro vs Mihawk can happen somewhere along the way to the final island.

In summary:
1. Straw Hats vs Blackbeard Pirates
2. Zoro vs Mihawk --> WSS
3. Laugh Tale --> PK
4. Final War
Not that I disagree, but why would Lodestar play any importance at all?

Mihawk is Imu's brother, look at their eyes.
So during the final world goverment war:

-Luffy vs Imu
-Zoro vs Mihawk
-Sanji vs Mind-Controlled Slave Sabo
Wait, so:

Luffy goes from Akainu to Imu. :myman:

Zoro goes from Kizaru/Fujitora to Mihawk. :steef:

But, Lanjino goes from Nerfed Greenbull to Nerfed Sabo? :gokulaugh:

Zoro doesn't have to kill his sensei even if they go all out, nobody really kills their opponents in One Piece unless the plot dictates them to do so. However, I do see Zoro maybe breaking Yoru with Sanzen Sekai to show his growth like how Mihawk broke Zoro's swords in their first fight. Ofcourse, with his own black blades that he forged.

Ideally, post the WG arc at the end of Zoro's journey.

As I said, it isn't going to be another 1v1 amongst a series of Strawhat matchups, it's going to be a sole 1v1 which would decide who becomes the WSS.

Makes zero sense, Mihawk was also a pirate at that time and his job for the WG was not to fight Zoro. Mihawk and Shanks also have a personal relationship and yet they duelled each other.

The point is, the entire "Mihawk has to be bad" narrative is built based on unfounded basis when the duel is about who is the strongest swordsmen.
Zoro can be the wss without fighting mihawk because all the known world strongest never beat anyone for their title

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Zoro can be the wss without fighting mihawk because all the known world strongest never beat anyone for their title
Re-read Baratie.
We are clearly shown how one can become the WSS - by challenging the current WSS and beating him in a duel - which is exactly why Zoro challenged Mihawk. Thinking that he'd become the WSS in any other way is just wishful thinking when nothing like that is substantiated in the manga. Even in Onigashima, we see Zoro go on about how he'd become the WSS by beating THAT MAN - not by any other way.

He wasn't friendly when Zoro showed up in the mansion but after spending more time with Zoro than even Luffy has, there's only so much heat possible.
That's the point - they are fighting to see who is the strongest Swordsman. It doesn't have to be a grudge duel.

Shiryu is another Mr. 1/Kaku/King, no where does he have the same buildup as Mihawk with regards to Zoro's character. Oda is definitely not gonna have another character invalidate the 20 year promise between Zoro and Mihawk.

Zoro vs Mihawk round 1 was a proper 1v1 duel where Zoro placed his life on the line to fight for his dream. And Luffy spectated.
Zoro's endgame fight for the WSS title will not be a fight where he fights the #2 of the opposition as the #2 of the Strawhats, in service to Luffy. It will be another 1v1 duel with the entire Strawhats or maybe even the entire world spectating, as Zoro places his life on the line fighting for his dream. Only this time, Zoro would win and his name would reach the heavens.

Even after beating King, look at what Oda made Zoro think about, "From now on to the day I beat him to become the Greatest Swordsman...".

Shiryu or no other opposition #2 would take the title away from Mihawk, it is solely Zoro's job to do so.
Why would the straw hats sit back and watch the fight? Do you think odas going to write an arc where luffy doesn’t fight a powerful enemy?

That's the point - they are fighting to see who is the strongest Swordsman. It doesn't have to be a grudge duel.
It doesn't have to be and it may not be, but when I think of Oda and rivalry, I think of joint interviews with Toriyama or Kishimoto where they sit around and call each other a genius. I hope in the story he's writing, there's some self awareness that reverence somewhat corrupts the competitive spirit.

What happened in Baratie when Zoro challenged Mihawk for the title?
Um luffy fought that don Krieg
Post automatically merged:

Re-read Baratie.
We are clearly shown how one can become the WSS - by challenging the current WSS and beating him in a duel - which is exactly why Zoro challenged Mihawk. Thinking that he'd become the WSS in any other way is just wishful thinking when nothing like that is substantiated in the manga. Even in Onigashima, we see Zoro go on about how he'd become the WSS by beating THAT MAN - not by any other way.

So you think kaido, wb and mihawk beat the previous ws title holder

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Um luffy fought that don Krieg
It was connected to the arc of Krieg attacking the Baratie and Zoros fight with mihawk was merely a subplot. Which is what will happen again.
My point exactly, Don Kreig was merely Mihawk's prey at that time and he wasn't connected to Zoro's and Mihawk's duel in anyway. Luffy didn't interfere in the duel, and will not interfere in their future duel as well.

Mihawk being allied with Shanks or the WG or any other faction is unnecessary for Mihawk vs Zoro to happen. It won't be another matchup in a host of Strawhats vs Bad Guys matchups like Zoro vs Mr.1/Kaku/King.

So you think kaido, wb and mihawk beat the previous ws title holder
Never said that. My point is that Zoro is going to beat Mihawk in a 1v1 duel to become the WSS, he won't be crowned the WSS in any other way.

My point exactly, Don Kreig was merely Mihawk's prey at that time and he wasn't connected to Zoro's and Mihawk's duel in anyway. Luffy didn't interfere in the duel, and will not interfere in their future duel as well.

Mihawk being allied with Shanks or the WG or any other faction is unnecessary for Mihawk vs Zoro to happen. It won't be another matchup in a host of Strawhats vs Bad Guys matchups like Zoro vs Mr.1/Kaku/King.

Never said that. My point is that Zoro is going to beat Mihawk in a 1v1 duel to become the WSS, he won't be crowned the WSS in any other way.
Mihawk was connected to Krieg as he was only there because he was hunting Krieg.

Mihawk isn’t just going to show up to fight Zoro without being connected to the plot which the only way that’ll happen would be if he joins back with another group like the WG.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Mihawk was connected to Krieg as he was only there because he was hunting Krieg.

Mihawk isn’t just going to show up to fight Zoro without being connected to the plot which the only way that’ll happen would be if he joins back with another group like the WG.
Which would only serve as an excuse to make Zoro and Mihawk meet.

The overall point is that Mihawk wont be another arc opponent like Mr.1, Kaku and King, but rather a separate fight for Zoro alone.

:nicagesmile:

Are you even reading what I'm saying?
what he is trying to say is that zoro won't defeat a stronger opponent than luffys (zoro did not beat mihawk in baratie)

You’re saying Zoro will fight mihawk while the straw hats and the whole world sits back and watches but that’s not likely at this point.
that is the thing, mihawk has to be connected to the plot as he was with don, but the problem is that mihawk is not related to the wg anymore and the only person of relevance that he is related to his shanks (who is probably not a bad guy) and if luffy fights shanks in the same arc that zoro defeats mihawk, that would mean that shanks is stronger which zoro fans would not want to accept leaving 2 other choices
1. zoro doesn't fight mihawk or it is a friendly duel
2. zoro does something that makes him wss without fighting mihawk

what he is trying to say is that zoro won't defeat a stronger opponent than luffys (zoro did not beat mihawk in baratie)

that is the thing, mihawk has to be connected to the plot as he was with don, but the problem is that mihawk is not related to the wg anymore and the only person of relevance that he is related to his shanks (who is probably not a bad guy) and if luffy fights shanks in the same arc that zoro defeats mihawk, that would mean that shanks is stronger which zoro fans would not want to accept leaving 2 other choices
1. zoro doesn't fight mihawk or it is a friendly duel
2. zoro does something that makes him wss without fighting mihawk
How it s a friendly duel, if zoro wants to beat him 😭😭😭😭😭