Future Events Wano Match-Ups

Lol people saying that zoro has nothing established with king or marco is more suitable for king.

-Zoro vs king is already hinted from FI arc where he wanted a fire sword .
-in PH he was captivated by fire style of kinemon .
-king has fire side ability , he's called the wild fire
-King is a swordsman as in magazine also in FB he used his sword 2 times .
-he's the scond strongest under main villian.
- strongest swordsman in this country of swordsman.
-zoro defeating king is more benefting for the plot it will make zoro stronger
While marco is already on king level or close . No benfit from marco vs king other deleting king from villian side .

I'm dissapointed that Zoro won't get a 1v1 battle and here is my update from this chapter
King Vs Marco
Blackmaria vs Robin
Luffy vs Weevil ( Marco is here so Weevil will follow )
Bigmom pirates vs Pell
Weevil is pretty bussy against vengapunck new weapon that they told should take care of all the shishibukai.
Personally I dont see Weevil coming to Wano.

Zoro (MVP) like the other major MVP (Luffy) will get enough to do. Be patience and enjoy every chapter. We can discuss everything after this arc is concluded

Lol people saying that zoro has nothing established with king or marco is more suitable for king.

While marco is already on king level or close . No benfit from marco vs king other deleting king from villian side .
I second this

@Cinera

Who's-Who & Brook = Swordsmen, spooky Illuminati symbol, spooky skeleton, strongest outside the heavy hitters (with Sasaki/Franky)

Sasaki & Franky = Big tough guys, fishman, mentored by fishman, strongest outside the heavy hitters (with Who's-Who/Brook)

Page One/Ulti & Usopp/Chopper = Most harmless of the bunch, they're a sibling duo, Chopper and Usopp fought in a duo (alternatively, Chopper and Robin get Page One and Ulti)

Black Maria & Nami = Females, last chapter built something between them

can't almost all of this be said for big mom?

If we count big mom as a swordsman,and imo there's no reason not to as she was able to clash equally with kaido using her sword, then:
  1. she would be the strongest swordsman in wano as of now
  2. she would be a fire user due to prometheus
If big mom doesn't end up betraying Kaido, then imo Zoro should tag team her.

can't almost all of this be said for big mom?

If we count big mom as a swordsman,and imo there's no reason not to as she was able to clash equally with kaido using her sword, then:
  1. she would be the strongest swordsman in wano as of now
  2. she would be a fire user due to prometheus
If big mom doesn't end up betraying Kaido, then imo Zoro should tag team her.
This scenario can only be possible if Big Mom is going after Luffy and Luffy is unable to defend himself. In that case I can see Zoro covering Luffy.

All other scenario make 0 sense for Zoro to clashing and fighting Big Mom. All the previous panel in Wano relate to Zoro are poiting to Kaido. In any case what @Monet said is valid. Oda has build up a very interesting swordman that is the right hand of Kaido and you want to use him against a none swordman? Does it make sense for a land famous and feared by the Marine for their strong samurai?

So far we haven't see in all Wano aka katana vs katana fight. Oda will not loose this occasion. Definitely he need to show some epic Katana choreography fight.

Tbh, theres a lot of variables, but will try and logically go through each. Disregarding Kaido and BM at the moment, since at this point I don't believe either will go down solo. This is fucking tough at the moment lol. I will try and cover every possible "likely" matchup based on the villain.

- Luffy vs. Yamato or the "Ace" (I still think there is a major surprise here, in that Yamato is Kaido's strongest subordinate or is the Ace, or that the Ace is a separate person and exists within the crew, and Oda is waiting to bombshell us with that reality. Plus, its clear multiple people will have a shot at Kaido and its likely Kaido isn't Luffy's main battle at first then)

- Zoro OR Marco vs. King (This really depends on what Oda wants to do with Marco. If Marco is there just for support, or to hold off BM with the other Whitebeard Pirates, this is Zoro's battle entirely. If Marco is only present with Izo, then I can see him taking this battle. Zoro is the contender for me though due to being an actual swordsman and his desire to cut "fire")

- Sanji OR Kid vs. Queen (Both have their merits as with the above. Luffy, Kid and Zoro fighting top members of the Beasts Pirates as the Worst Generation "fits", but who knows. Kid getting revenge on Queen also makes sense, but Sanji vs. Queen in terms of their eccentric personalities also makes sense. Kid vs. Queen in terms of mechanical arms is a funny little comparison to make. Who knows?).

- Jinbe OR Neko/Inu vs. Jack (If the above are Zoro/Sanji's fights, then Jinbe surely would take on Jack. But regardless, there is an argument to be made for Inu/Neko getting back at Jack for his onslaught at Zou. Jack is a swordsman it seems, so it would fit for Inu/Neko, unlike Jinbe)

- Law OR Brook OR Zoro vs. Who's Who (This boils down to the fact that we know almost nothing about Who's Who save for that he is a Swordsman. Likely being similar in strength to the All-Stars, I'm not so sure this is Brook's fight, unless he is severely weaker than anticipated or Brook get immense gains during the arc. In that case, I'd chalk it down to Law or Zoro depending on if Marco takes on King and Kid taking on Queen.)

- Kid OR Franky OR Jinbe vs. Sasaki (Again, this is another premade assumption based on Sasaki's build. Maybe Kid and Law are meant to take on Who's Who and Sasaki together, considering their rivalry and both F6 apparently being close to the All-Stars in strength. Again, if Sasaki is severely weaker than expected or if Franky gains a ton of strength, I can see with Franky it being a pretty significant fight. Otherwise, I could also see Jinbe just judging similar builds and the fact that Zoro, Sanji and Jinbe vs. Who's Who, X Drake, and Sasaki sounds "decent" if they are All-Star level pirates).

- Killer OR Sanji vs X Drake (Assuming Drake does not blow his cover or betray Kaido until after he loses a fight, these 2 are what I see the most happening. Both Drake and Sanji are similar in their perverted nature and not being able to handle women it seems. There was a moment were they fought too. Otherwise, Drake and Killer clashed 2 years prior when Killer tried fighting Urouge. Considering their weapons, it may be a great matchup).

- Kid OR Hawkins vs. Apoo (Like Drake, this depends on if Apoo and/or Hawkins flips the switch before Kaido is about to be defeated. Kid vs. Apoo is obvious just from this past chapter, though I wonder if their "rivalry" will lead to anything. Hawkins vs. Apoo just screams weird vs. weird. However, its possible this fight just never happens, and Hawkins/Apoo become allies as they see the tables turning)

- Chopper OR Franky OR Sanji vs. Page One (This one is interesting. I entirely doubt Sanji vs. P1 being a thing, and I agree that he clearly wrecked him, but who knows. Chopper/Franky IMO seems more possible here. Both being physical powerhouses, it makes sense if they fight P1 a very physical type of fighter like Chopper/Franky)

- Nami OR Robin vs. Black Maria (Again, its just based on appearances at this point and the fact that Oda usually does not write protagonist men fighting antagonist women, though the other way around happens. This "seems" like it may be a Nami fight, but it entirely depends on how strong Black Maria is and what her powers are. A lot of this boils down to how the F6 even fight).

- Nami OR Robin OR Carrot vs. Ulti (I can see Carrot and Chopper teaming up against P1/Ulti in an interesting tag team, or I can see both Nami and Robin getting exclusive fights towards the 2 F6 Women, depends)

- Brook OR A Scabbard Samurai (Kawamatsu/Denjiro/Asura/Kiku) vs. the Mimiwarigumi Leader (I think this person will be named and as signficant as Fukurokuju in the future, we'll see. This is also assuming the rest of his group are pushovers/ fodder the Yakuza or unnamed-unique looking samurai or the Minks).

- Robin OR Shinobu OR Raizo vs Fukurokuju (like the above, this assumes the rest of the Onibawanshu will be "fodder" for the lesser characters like the Mink leaders or the Yakuza or something. These 3 have history with Fukurokuju so I see it being one of them.

- Usopp vs Orochi (I'm entirely biased towards this one. "Susanoo, born for the NOSE of Inazagi, slays Orochi. I just can't not seeing this one happen. Also, battle of the cowards lol. Momo can help).

- Kin'emon vs. Kanjuro (IMO, entirely happening. No other matchup honestly works or is as emotional)

- Law OR Marco OR Kid OR Hancock (!) vs. Smoothie (Being the other for sure All-Star level character at Wano, this one is tough. Like I mentioned before, Oda does NOT like making male protagonists fight female antagonists and winning. I struggled a ton until I realized that Koby talks to Drake, who a week or so before, was trying to "capture" Hancock. What if by some unorthodox reason (Sword possibly supporting some pirate groups, infiltrating others), Koby brought Hancock to Wano due to their admiration for Luffy? Hancock vs. Smoothie is something I'd LOVE to see. Otherwise, I struggle with the other 3 even fighting her at all.)

- Carrot OR Worst Generation vs. Perospero (Carrot is obvious, due to her possible revenge for Pedro, but I wonder if she's even strong enough. Other contenders seem to be the Supernova. Law, Kid, Killer, Drake, Hawkins or Apoo could have this battle.

- Izo OR Kiku OR Whitey Bay vs. Campote OR Amande OR Gallette (Again, these characters are the other major female fighters this arc, and I personally struggle to see Oda pitting protagonist men against women. There are no female division commanders in the WB pirates interestingly enough, save for possible one. Kiku (and potentially Izo) both live as women and consider themselves women, so these may be great fights for these 2 characters. Bay would entirely be determined if Oda even cares about her or if she's even present at Wano.

- Law OR Drake vs. Snack (Snack being a swordsman, I can see this fight happening. Kid already was implied to have beaten him, so I can see Snack taking a 3rd L from another supernova like these 2).

- Koby (!) OR Killer OR Hawkins OR Apoo vs. Daifuku/Oven (If Koby shows up as Drakes backup, then I can see him taking on a BM veteran. Otherwise, I see this being left for some of the Worst Generation/Supernovas)

- Those who lose out above vs. Numbers (I personally have no idea what the Numbers will be like. Its implied they have devil fruit powers and are extremely powerful, but who knows at this point who may or may not fight them. Its possible they are also "dumb" fodder, but we'll see. As you can see, there will be plenty of contested spots for battles, so many of those characters can fight someone here)

This is what I got, and what I'm expecting in terms of fights as it goes down.

Oda has build up a very interesting swordman that is the right hand of Kaido and you want to use him against a none swordman? Does it make sense for a land famous and feared by the Marine for their strong samurai?

So far we haven't see in all Wano aka katana vs katana fight. Oda will not loose this occasion. Definitely he need to show some epic Katana choreography fight.
actually about Kaido. Didn't Zoro basically say that he wanted to fight kaido? That's the reason he didn't want to take damage fighting apoo or the fodder, because he wanted to fight kaido.

if Zoro is going to be in the main fight with kaido, it doesn't make sense for him to 1v1 King.

in thriller bark, Zoro mid diffed Ryuma and went all out against Moria and Kuma. Can't he do the same in wano, with him mid diffing a tobi roppo and then going all out against kaido and big mom?

actually about Kaido. Didn't Zoro basically say that he wanted to fight kaido? That's the reason he didn't want to take damage fighting apoo or the fodder, because he wanted to fight kaido.

if Zoro is going to be in the main fight with kaido, it doesn't make sense for him to 1v1 King.

in thriller bark, Zoro mid diffed Ryuma and went all out against Moria and Kuma. Can't he do the same in wano, with him mid diffing a tobi roppo and then going all out against kaido and big mom?
That doesn't count, lol. Kaido = the enemy.
You can't expect him to say "wait, I need to save myself for Who's-Who/King/whatever" when he doesn't even know them.

Again that possible scenario but I got something better.
We saw the healing power that Marco can use right? What if Zoro has an extreme fight with King but is unable to help Luffy with Kaido (during the onigashima fights) only to get some fast recovery due to Marco so that he can join for the second round on Kaido maybe to a totally different location such a the Wano land so that all the people can see the new Ryuma emerging from Wano?

Inst that epic and make sense? Zoro having a role to take Kaido by wounding him can be digested way easier by all fans cuz he got enough feat due to the extreme fight with King. He will have a better control of Enma maybe even achieved the blacke blade feat!

Again that possible scenario but I got something better.
We saw the healing power that Marco can use right? What if Zoro has an extreme fight with King but is unable to help Luffy with Kaido (during the onigashima fights) only to get some fast recovery due to Marco so that he can join for the second round on Kaido maybe to a totally different location such a the Wano land so that all the people can see the new Ryuma emerging from Wano?

Inst that epic and make sense? Zoro having a role to take Kaido by wounding him can be digested way easier by all fans cuz he got enough feat due to the extreme fight with King. He will have a better control of Enma maybe even achieved the blacke blade feat!
It doesn't make sense. Zoro stated explicitly he didn't want to fight anyone else. Not Apoo, not Queen, and not any of the fodder. His main target is kaido.
Post automatically merged:

Since Zoro is one of the main characters, I think its much more likely that he will be involved in the main battle over side characters like Marco.

The calamities are honestly side villains. That's why each and every calamity has been built up to be taken down by side characters.

inu and neko have build up to defeat Jack
Drake and the tobi roppo have build up to defeat Queen
and now we see Marco with build up to defeat King

While everyone keeps saying Zoro vs King, Sanji vs Queen, Jinbe vs Jack and believing it like fact, none of the m3 have build up against the calamities. The only people with buildup against the calamities are the side characters.

It doesn't make sense. Zoro stated explicitly he didn't want to fight anyone else. Not Apoo, not Queen, and not any of the fodder. His main target is kaido.
We know that but didnt you see the fight between the marine and White Beard? To reach White Beard you have to past the commander. Do you think that King will just stand next to Kaido and watch Kaido fighting the main worgeneration?
I dont see that. He ll act. Did you notice that King is a proactive character? He acts and take responsability. He took out the Big Mom pirate and he call out the flying six to solve Kaido family problem with Yamato. King doesnt give me Smothie vibe at all

Post automatically merged:

Since Zoro is one of the main characters, I think its much more likely that he will be involved in the main battle over side characters like Marco.

The calamities are honestly side villains. That's why each and every calamity has been built up to be taken down by side characters.

inu and neko have build up to defeat Jack
Drake and the tobi roppo have build up to defeat Queen
and now we see Marco with build up to defeat King

While everyone keeps saying Zoro vs King, Sanji vs Queen, Jinbe vs Jack and believing it like fact, none of the m3 have build up against the calamities. The only people with buildup against the calamities are the side characters.
Lol so some of the TR are gonna take out Queen? So is the rest of the alliance just gonna fight fodder gifters?