Speculations The Blackbeard Vs Strawhat match ups are easy.

I genuinely don’t think Vivi is joining because it just feels like a random place for her right now as she has no dream right now but if she does join with that fruit then it would have to be against Pizarro and Coby would go elsewhere (as I said i don’t think it’s happening) as her entire character story is about being a good leader to the people and she hates those who abuse there lower and narrative is what drives matchups
I think she just wants to get out and find anybody. The world government wants to destroy her and her kingdom. Her ruling is not registering with her yet. That's why I hate she's this virtuous figure going to lead the world and shit now. Because people want her to do stuff, but anything other than stuff about ruling the world would "RUIN" her character. That's why she's done NOTHIING in more than forever(wapol and shanks have done more than her LOL).

Last edited:
The 10 Straw Hats versus the 10 Blackbeards that were part of the crew pre time skip is so obvious it hurts

Law vs Kuzan is far more likely than lAw vs Pizarro or whatever matchups ppl come up with lol
Honestly I think its more likely that Luffy just ends up fighting Kuzan or somehow Oda decides to give it to Koby as ridiculous as it sounds.

Luffy tends to get more than one major fight in an arc, so Kuzan being fought by him first before Blackbeard could make sense. I still think the whole Marineford doublespread has thematic purpose where he directly surpasses all 3 of the OG admirals at different points (and Zoro/Sanji take on the newer ones when he fights Akainu). Its just the cleanest route imo, unless of course we get an 11th member and it complicates things lol

Either some of you are hardcore nami fans in secret or just overwanking laffite too much but hey wouldn't be surprise at the end nami has potential to be 3rd strongest of the crew

It comes down to Oda choosing conventional match ups or bizarre, but fitting match ups.
He could do the obvious pairing of Chopper and Doc Q because they're both doctors, but he could go for a different angle. Chopper is commonly confused for a tanuki, and Devon has the kitsune fruit. Tanuki and kitsune are rivals in Japanese folklore, so a Chopper vs Devon fight isn't impossible.
Blackbeard is a tricky character, so Oda might have a lot of red herrings so he can surprise fans

If they're easy Oda will fuck around and change them up just to be unpredictable.

Zoro might end up fighting fucking Auger
If Zoro is gonna fight anyone that isn't Shiryu, it will probably be Laffitte. He's the most mysterious of the crew and he might be able to coat his cane with haki to take on sword fighters. Definitely in the top 4 of the BB pirates if you don't include Kuzan

It comes down to Oda choosing conventional match ups or bizarre, but fitting match ups.
He could do the obvious pairing of Chopper and Doc Q because they're both doctors, but he could go for a different angle. Chopper is commonly confused for a tanuki, and Devon has the kitsune fruit. Tanuki and kitsune are rivals in Japanese folklore, so a Chopper vs Devon fight isn't impossible.
Blackbeard is a tricky character, so Oda might have a lot of red herrings so he can surprise fans
Big cats prey on deer: Chopper vs Pizarro

theres also no way chopper is fighting two opponents in doc q and stronger. He’ll probably tag team with Brook

Luffy vs blackbeard (captain)
zoro vs Shiryuu (swordsman)
Sanji vs Pizarro Alvarro (royalty)
Robin vs Suan wuan wolf (brain vs brawn/ ability vs strenght)
Franky vs Vasco shot ( Cola vs Wine)duh
Brooke Vs Laffite (weren't both on some type of taskforce before being pirates? )
Chopper vs Doc q (doctors)
Usopp vs Van Auger(sniper)
Jenbe vs Jesus burgess(techinique vs raw strenght)
Nami vs Catarina (Vanity vs Jealousy)
Sounds good.

You'll probably disagree, but this has got me thinking Coby will be Kuzan's matchup.
you have a good point and is "likely" to happen having in mind garp old student vs garp new student but remember kuzan most likely is not a villain and he has his purposes in other words is not the kaido big mom case
Have the feeling that coby will help luffy vs Teach to make the parallels with roger-garp and xebec
However I have a hot take about kuzan situation
Vivi next nakama
Vivi vs Devon she is young Queen and beautiful Devon target
Robin vs Vasco Shot?if Brook doesn't help anybody
However Vasco is the jobber of the crew but in reality robin plot is with aokiji and saulon because the burning man hints are leading to him

You made an excellent point. I think it would be bad writing for him to do that but that's what I expect from oda these days. Though that chopper vs Devon was a clever twist. I laid out appropriate entertaining fights but Oda has never done great matchups for the strawhats. Maybe Arlong Park but may have been the only time. Enis Lobby dressrosa and wano mutiple strawhats got shafted. Usopp hasn't taken down one strong opponent in the last 13 years yet his bounty went from 30 million to 500 million.

So we might get unconventional match ups with characters that don't interact well.

1. Teach vs Luffy (obvious I guess)
2. Burgess vs Sanji ( Burgess need to be fried for 3rd time by flame user, Ace, Sabo and lastly Sanji)
3. Shiryuu vs Zoro (Oda hint at the cover page previously; 2nd strongest of each crew)
3. Augur vs Usopp (Sniper fight)
4. Pizzaro vs Jinbe (I wish, as at now)
5. Lafitte vs Robin (Demon Sheriff vs Demon Child)
6. Devon vs Nami (Female's fight)
7. Sanjuan vs Franky (Sanjuan battleship nickname please relate something)
8. Vasco Shot vs Brook (Joker vs Entertainer)
9. Doc Q vs Chopper (Doc Q doesn't look strong, but he certainly has a way of fighting)
10. Kuzan vs Coby (Garp's disciples fight)

1. Teach vs Luffy (obvious I guess)
2. Burgess vs Sanji ( Burgess need to be fried for 3rd time by flame user, Ace, Sabo and lastly Sanji)
3. Shiryuu vs Zoro (Oda hint at the cover page previously; 2nd strongest of each crew)
3. Augur vs Usopp (Sniper fight)
4. Pizzaro vs Jinbe (I wish, as at now)
5. Lafitte vs Robin (Demon Sheriff vs Demon Child)
6. Devon vs Nami (Female's fight)
7. Sanjuan vs Franky (Sanjuan battleship nickname please relate something)
8. Vasco Shot vs Brook (Joker vs Entertainer)
9. Doc Q vs Chopper (Doc Q doesn't look strong, but he certainly has a way of fighting)
10. Kuzan vs Coby (Garp's disciples fight)
Koby is getting packed up by aokiji in 5 seconds flat lol.

Probably will be Yamato but I dont even see why aokijibwould fight the strawhats. My theory is that before the strawhats fight blackbeard Aokiji goes to wano for some reason probably the poneglyphs or ancient weapon and has to fight Yamato. I mean Yamato is on Wano to protect it from admirals and she has ice powers.