Character Discussion Fuck Kaido as a character

He's a trash character with a trash backstory and a trash personality.

The only thing good about him is his design and fighting style.

The rest can go to the garbage bin.

Oda did him supremely dirty with that piece of shit flashback he has gotten.

I had immense expectations for his character but I was left majorly disappointed, heck he wasnt even the main character of his own arc we barely fucking saw him until Onigashima.

Fuck Kaido and fuck Oda.

The only thing good about him is his design and fighting style.
And some people like me , only cares about that.
I can't give two shit about the plot at this point.
One piece , nika , kuma flashback , made me so bored I actually Dropped the series in the past 2 months and came to be bored again.
Idc who's fighting just show me fights.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Kaido is actually a really decent character during the Yamato skirmish. Reread that and you see hints of depths to him.

Overall, I'm not the biggest fan of Kaido. He's probably the most generic Yonko but he's more imposing than Linlin and surpassed Crocodile in terms of impacts on Luffy—literally killing him beats Crocodile's iconic beat down on Luffy.

Kaido is actually a really decent character during the Yamato skirmish. Reread that and you see hints of depths to him.

Overall, I'm not the biggest fan of Kaido. He's probably the most generic Yonko but he's more imposing than Linlin and surpassed Crocodile in terms of impacts on Luffy—literally killing him beats Crocodile's iconic beat down on Luffy.
Thats the issue TACO, hints. Only hints. I hate being blueballed bro. I kept getting teased about something more but then nothing happened.

Kaido as a villain was really huge let down . Trash backstory did not help at all. Nothing interesting or unique in his personality. Orochi is a villain I actually hated when reading , Kaido is so uninteresting I dont really feel anything.

Wano arc as whole was kinda a let down after so much hype and build up.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman

Luffy ruined kaido.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Thats the issue TACO, hints. Only hints. I hate being blueballed bro. I kept getting teased about something more but then nothing happened.
Oda definitely dumbed Kaido down when he started round 2 with Luffy. His end goal is pretty stupid.

But shit like this

Is the closest OP's ever gotten to Crocodile tier villain writing. Everyone else is a cartoonish evil character (Enel was genocidal, Lucci is a serial killer, Doflamingo is carried by charisma, otherwise he's exactly like Kaido).

So I'll give him kudos for that. Oda just fumbled with the landing. Cause "A world of war and equality" is the dumbest thing.

Oda definitely dumbed Kaido down when he started round 2 with Luffy. His end goal is pretty stupid.

But shit like this

Is the closest OP's ever gotten to Crocodile tier villain writing. Everyone else is a cartoonish evil character (Enel was genocidal, Lucci is a serial killer, Doflamingo is carried by charisma, otherwise he's exactly like Kaido).

So I'll give him kudos for that. Oda just fumbled with the landing. Cause "A world of war and equality" is the dumbest thing.
I know that line of his but then please say more, develop your philosophy. I feel like he couldve explored his philosophy of might makes right some more. He couldve explored why he seemed to distrust humans and pirates. Why he choose to come to Wano,etc,etc.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I know that line of his but then please say more, develop your philosophy. I feel like he couldve explored his philosophy of might makes right some more. He couldve explored why he seemed to distrust humans and pirates. Why he choose to come to Wano,etc,etc.
Definitely. He says Wano is special but we never find out why, unless it's solely special because it's a natural fortress. Which is a bit boring IMO.

I think Kaido would stack up better if Oda didn't make him so relatable and happy when fighting Luffy in the 1030s and 1040s. I'm happy he's got a bit of silliness to his personality but there's a time and a place IMO.

You should be happy. Your favorite left the story when the poison named Nika started spreading.

Now every single plot point and character will be built around that retard God. Characters past will retconned into Nika wank.

I'm just waiting for it to be revealed that Akainu and Fujitora are both guided by their Nika worship from early days, Akainu was just misunderstood, he actually wanted to do good in the name of Nika.

Definitely. He says Wano is special but we never find out why, unless it's solely special because it's a natural fortress. Which is a bit boring IMO.

I think Kaido would stack up better if Oda didn't make him so relatable and happy when fighting Luffy in the 1030s and 1040s. I'm happy he's got a bit of silliness to his personality but there's a time and a place IMO.
I personally think Kaido would stack up better as a character if we had time to explore him pre Onigashima raid, we barely saw him in Acts 1 and 2 meanwhile in Dressrossa Doflamingo was omnipresent throughout the arc.

As well I wish the Oden flashback was shortened and gave space for a proper Kaido flashback, Now I know Oda probably cucked Kaidos flashback because it deals with stuff he doesnt want us to see yet but its such a disgusting way to treat a major character like him who has been the overarching villain for the post skip saga so far to just neglect his backstory was a very bad decision.

Oh dude silly and happy Kaido was the dumbest thing ever. I mean I kinda understood why he was happy and it was because he enjoys a good fight but this dude and his friends just ruined decades of preparation why arent you more serious bro.