Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
If I gotta be frank for a sec, I've completely lost any and all desire to really post in this thread.

All I've been doing this entire time is low effort shitposting and occasionally butting heads with C4N everytime he starts coping over Carrot again.

Wano imo was the end of any serious nakama discussions for me, everything since is just the after party, nakama flavor of the month canidates get their names thrown into the mix only for their campaigns to crash and burn within the next month or so.

Remember Vegapunk? Or Stussy? lmao

This thread just isn't fun anymore.
All good things come to an end.

If I gotta be frank for a sec, I've completely lost any and all desire to really post in this thread.

All I've been doing this entire time is low effort shitposting and occasionally butting heads with C4N everytime he starts coping over Carrot again.

Wano imo was the end of any serious nakama discussions for me, everything since is just the after party, nakama flavor of the month canidates get their names thrown into the mix only for their campaigns to crash and burn within the next month or so.

Jesus:pepehands:
Post automatically merged:

I honestly don't feel like One piece is One piece since Wano, i feel like Egghead bar the last few chapters maybe has been utterly boring and just a hype fest

Last edited:

I mean, no genuine fuel for this discussion has been given since Wano, back when Carrot still had a bit of a chance and Yamato said “I’m going to be sailing with you guys from now on!” :laughmoji:

Everything after that has just been speculation based on nothing truly evident. Vivi is the only one I can really root for now, maybe Bonney but what will happen there remains to be seen. We probably won’t even know until after Elbaf, since it seems we’re going there next (finally!!! :finally:).

I honestly don't feel like One piece is One piece since Wano, i feel like Egghead bar the last few chapters maybe has been utterly boring and just a hype fest
All of the best parts about Egghead were everything that was happening outside the island. It's insane lmao.

Only to come back to the Seraphim already being dealt with offscreen, I think Oda's genuinely losing steam at this rate lmao.

Yeah, same:pepecry:

I mean, did anyone seriously take my Kizaru4Nakama take?
Since Wano there's not real food for thought, except that speculating how loyal Kuzan is to BB, and if yes, then we're kinda missing a SH, but then again, it's Luffypiece, and I wouldn't be surprised if Luffy singlehandedly takes off all Gorosei and half of BBP.

So... Not much to talk about.

All of the best parts about Egghead were everything that was happening outside the island. It's insane lmao.
Yes thank you, it's literally this. The Lazy Vegapunk (legit can't rebember her name) sub plot and the seraphim and even Luccy was just there it feels like.

Now fcking a Gorosei decides to go in for some reason, shit's so random lmao

Neither, he mainly posts on political threads nowadays. Also he changed his name to @Logiko
I was aware that he changed his username. He was quite active in November when I was also way more active here. It really hard to be active in this thread for months and years and at the end Oda decided to postpones your character joining
:sanjimeh:

CoC: Color of Clowns

Be Excellent! Rock that Soul!

The end of Wano made it almost impossible for readers to heavily invest in new Nakama candidates.

Yamato and Carrot fans both had legitimate reasons to believe their character was joining, to the point where people who didn't like the characters were surprised at how they got treated.

Carrot sailed with the Straw Hats to two different islands, was in the Tea Party and Raid on Onigashima, lost a mentor figure while fighting with the Straw Hats, saved the crew and Sunny by going Sulong, and has close relationships with Chopper, Nami, Brook, Sanji, and Luffy.

Yamato was the strongest ally in the most hyped arc in OP history, had a tragic Ace flashback, was directly responsible for Momo being able to stop Onigashima from falling, had her entire charcter based around wanting to sail the world like Oden, and was directly complimented by Luffy for holding off the arc's big bad, Kaido.

What the hell has anyone on Egghead done that's even close to those resumes? Like, at all? Bonney, Vegapunk (and possibly Stussy) have a chance to join later, yeah, but, no one's going to get excited over their chances when Carrot and Yamato had 100 more reasons to join and still didn't. Oda teased new Nakama to the point where it's just not fun anymore and impossible to take new candidates seriously.