Chapter Discussion Is There a Chance Zoro does not defeat Lucci here? #1107

Thoughts?

• Total voters
It's possible Zoro overpowers him and then Jimbei breaks up the fight.

So far it seems like Lucci is only competent member of the CP0 and if they are to remain relevant then Oda won't shit on Lucci too much imo.

Poor Lucci. I wish someone could hook him up on an asthma machine.
As someone with asthma I think I can relate to his pain. It's probably really hard to have Awakened endurance and only fight casual Zoro for 10 minutes.
Hes had a long day. Fought an emperor, defeated vegapunks bodyguard, was poisoned by his own teammate, fought seraphim. He was basically at deaths door before he even fought zoro.

I've said it for weeks

This arc is about Luffy proving his top tier status over Admirals/Gorosei /Lucci/warlords/YCs
By easily handling Lucci and also handling Kizarj while being half-serious
He's gonna beat Saturn tho

While Zoro will just have clashes without dominating or winning
At worse he wins because Jinbei helps or distracts him

Egghead is WCI = escapee arc where only Luffy gets to fight battles and win
The others? Nope

What's interesting about this whole Zoro Vs Lucci thing is that Lucci is not a swordsman he doesn't follow the rule of Zoro opponents being skilled with the blade. He fought Luffy earlier and lost do we think Oda will be redundant with Lucci and have him lose twice? Im not saying Lucci will beat Zoro but it's possible this fight will be broken up. Zoro's swordsmanship doesn't benefit from this fight it's really just fan service at this point.

Zoro will defeat Lucci. He is nothing but a hype tool for Zoro. Lucci is just another Monet, Pica, Killer, Apoo and Jinbe will be another one of Zoro's witness.

Oda loves to have characters witness Zoro's strength. He does that all the time with Zoro.

Tashigi

Dressrosa citizens and more.

Oden's daughter

Everybody on the live floor

Lucci went from being confident Zoro couldn't stop him from killing the SH to realizing the most he could do is stall 2 swords Zoro. Even Yamato could stall Kaido.

Zoro has defeated plenty of non-swordsman. It's irrelevant that Lucci is not a swordsman.

Zoro opponents are either hype tools or help Zoro go stronger before becoming hype tools. The databook tell us Mihawk is the strongest in name and reality. He reached the top by fighting strong opponents, not only fighting strong swordsman.

Zoro vs the cat brothers. They weren't swordsman. Zoro also defeated MJ later.

Zoro vs Daz Bones. Another non swordsman.

Zoro vs Hody he beated him and then Luffy beated later.

Zoro vs Monet we could argue that he beated her although Tashigi finished.

I hope Zoro manages to defeat Lucci in the next chapter, or else Zoro will officially be a low diff fight for Luffy.

Which would suck for strawhatz crew power scaling