Speculations Luffy and Sanji fought Saturn and Kizaru offscreen

What do you think of this?

• Yeah they fought S and Kiz offscreen (possibly the only logical explanation)

• No they didnt fight (Yes i admit Oda has just gone completely senile)

• Other (type in the comments what you think that did happened)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Literally the only explanation for this sequence of events

Luffy and Sanji fought them offscreen. But Oda, as the Bozo he is, he decided to offscreen Sanji looking good.

Kizaru is supposed to be alone in front of Sanji and Luffy.

Saturn was sent flying for a quite considerable distance, which made him end up in a encounter with Augur and Catarina

While that was happening, Luffy and Sanji where most likely fighting Kizaru. Thats why Kizaru is missing during portion of 1108 without further explanations

Sanji's comments implies he has been paying attention to his opponents, as characters usually do when they are involved in a battle.

Especially on Sanji's case, who only makes comments like that about his enemies during his actual fights/clashes.

Also, Saturn has clearly been moved from where he was sent flying by Luffy and still had enough time to transform, while Kizaru is still nowhere to be seen. Luffy is talking to Vegapunk now, but he wasn't focused on that during 1107, which could mean they were busy and now they got an opening to talk with Vegapunk and throw such comments like Sanji.

We can see bruises on Sanji's face that weren't there during 1107 as well

Also, the fact Luffy asked Sanji to focus at taking Vegapunk out of there might imply even more that, since Kizaru was nowhere to be seen, that was the perfect opportunity to do it. Which ended up failling because he came back to stop Sanji

Unfortunately it seems Oda is allergic to casually highlighting Sanji's strength onscreen just like that. He can't on top of everything he gives to Sanji, make him have cool and lasting fighting scenes out his main 1vs1 fights or clashes that are made to hype Sanji and his enemy at the same time, given seeing Sanji fight is already a pleasure to everyone's eyes.

Bent Germa's exoskeleton = Offscreen

Fight King and Queen after Marco was done = Offscreen

Shitting on a Seraphim? = Offscreen

And many other scenes

Obviously this time it wouldn't be different. Now we need to rely on the anime, which is the non canon material

Hail ClOwnda. Nika Piece is here to stay so even Zoro will be affected similarly from now on, i bet

Tagging some Sanji fans @MonsterZoro @Doggo @Jackteo @Hueconite @SaitamaSanji @Jesse Pinkman @worstfan00 @kekaro

Last edited:
It's 100% sure that the anime will make such additions, but is it really Oda's will? I can't say.

The other thing is that Oda had clearly said he was tired of drawing fights...

In an interview with Gosho Aoyama (creator of Detective Conan), he explained that he wanted to escape from what, in his opinion, is too often the substance of manga: the spirit of seriousness. "Fighting mangas has to become more and more serious to meet readers' expectations, and honestly, I hate that. I absolutely don't want my work to become serious manga like that".

Perhaps this explains "rushed" and offscreened fights (zoro v lucci). Oda just LOVES drawing luffy and gear 5 fights, we should get used to it.

So that's why I failed to notice Sanji is a top tier and a compelling character! Everything he has done has been offscreen.

:crazwhat: My bad.
Some of the big feats and showings that only a very few characters have, yes

They are there but lack depth, so it's way easier to be forgotten and downplayed

Another thing noted about the chapter that doesn't make sense unless off screened @Julius

Vegapunk and Sanji have not really talked, the 'power of love as a radar,' really the only exchange the two have had. Yet Oda has VP use Sanji's name in the "Enough Sanji," panel as if they're familiar with one another. It felt off vs just "enough dammit!" or "enough."

Another thing noted about the chapter that doesn't make sense unless off screened @Julius

Vegapunk and Sanji have not really talked, the 'power of love as a radar,' really the only exchange the two have had. Yet Oda has VP use Sanji's name in the "Enough Sanji," panel as if they're familiar with one another. It felt off vs just "enough dammit!" or "enough."
You right

:gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh::steef: