General & Others How did Shanks>Mihawk become so popular?

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
I mean the portrayal is clear.

Not a single soul gave a single shit about Mihawk in marineford. Hell, Marco told his underling to go after Mihawk because for Marco keeping an Admiral away is far more important.

Meanwhile Shanks just farting on WB's crew had them shook.
Yet the portrayal of when they are mentioned together never has shanks superior

I mean the portrayal is clear.

Not a single soul gave a single shit about Mihawk in marineford. Hell, Marco told his underling to go after Mihawk because for Marco keeping an Admiral away is far more important.

Meanwhile Shanks just farting on WB's crew had them shook.
Mihawk was using all the power in his pubic hair on Marineford, that's why nobody cared about him.
If he went all out the island would have sunk and had a giant crater like Lulusia, I mean we outright saw him casually slice a huge iceberg in half, the same iceberg that was originally a wave covering the whole island in length and height.

Yonko fandom, Luffy fanboys, Sanji bros, rat fandom and admirals fans all benefit from pushing that agenda
Zoro and Mihawk remain their biggest nightmares these are only two characters in the series that can bring together and unite all of those fandoms:myman:
Not like it's going to help though the party only keeps going as long as Mihawk is shackled the moment he us unleashed it's over :pepehawk:

Never watched a OP youtuber and I'm a fan of both Shanks and Mihawk... I think that they are equals, Akainu/Aokiji kind of equals, but if somebody has to win between them then I'm sure that is Shanks simply because he is more important for the story, Oda keeps him in the palm of his hand, gave him a lot of the best feats in the verse (wifi diff GB, one shot Kidd, stop Marineford war) so he has an astronomical portrait. Mihawk on the other hand is still presented as a legend (appears once every blue moon) yet: has no really big feats (the frozen wave one in Marineford should be his best if I remember correctly) and Oda has no problems putting him in "debatable" situations if you think he is even stronger than Shanks. One thing was fighting Vista or declaring WB was above him in Marineford (Shanks too could have been in his shoes, maybe not with Vista) but what Oda did lately, to make Mihawk a part of the Buggy joke and sweat at the thought of fighting the emperors, is a tiny bit controversial and honestly made me revaluate him a bit lower.

Never watched a OP youtuber and I'm a fan of both Shanks and Mihawk... I think that they are equals, Akainu/Aokiji kind of equals, but if somebody has to win between them then I'm sure that is Shanks simply because he is more important for the story, Oda keeps him in the palm of his hand, gave him a lot of the best feats in the verse (wifi diff GB, one shot Kidd, stop Marineford war) so he has an astronomical portrait. Mihawk on the other hand is still presented as a legend (appears once every blue moon) yet: has no really big feats (the frozen wave one in Marineford should be his best if I remember correctly) and Oda has no problems putting him in "debatable" situations if you think he is even stronger than Shanks. One thing was fighting Vista or declaring WB was above him in Marineford (Shanks too could have been in his shoes, maybe not with Vista) but what Oda did lately, to make Mihawk a part of the Buggy joke and sweat at the thought of fighting the emperors, is a tiny bit controversial and honestly made me revaluate him a bit lower.
No such thing as equal there is only one of them with the title of the strongest and it's not the snitch

Mihawk was using all the power in his pubic hair on Marineford, that's why nobody cared about him.
If he went all out the island would have sunk and had a giant crater like Lulusia, I mean we outright saw him casually slice a huge iceberg in half, the same iceberg that was originally a wave covering the whole island in length and height.
Can you guys stop acting as if cutting rocks/ice is something impressive?

His "greatest sword strike" that was meant for Whitebeard in order to test just how behind he is from WB was stopped by YC3 Jozu. His strongest slash could not even push back YC3. The attack that cut the iceberg would not even tickle Jozu's nutsack

Can you guys stop acting as if cutting rocks/ice is something impressive?

His "greatest sword strike" that was meant for Whitebeard in order to test just how behind he is from WB was stopped by YC3 Jozu. His strongest slash could not even push back YC3. The attack that cut the iceberg would not even tickle Jozu's nutsack
If I try to slap a fly and it dodges and I hit my wall am I weak for not breaking my wall

If I try to slap a fly and it dodges and I hit my wall am I weak for not breaking my wall
I have no idea wtf this analogy is supposed to do with the topic.

Meanwhile the reality of what happened:
  • Mihawk sent one of his strongest attack in order to test himself against World's Strongest Man
  • his attack got stopped by a fly
  • It could not even push the fly back

Moronic cop out, almost like midhawk fans legitimately think nobody ever heard about wat hes capable of smh. Inverse its just not as impressive as Ztards wank it to be lmao.

Dog even went into making up feats lmao. We've got shank challenging multiple top tier at MF, an midhawk scared to engage multiple top tier during buggy speech. In canon, but made up feats why midhawk>shanks

I have no idea wtf this analogy is supposed to do with the topic.

Meanwhile the reality of what happened:
  • Mihawk sent one of his strongest attack in order to test himself against World's Strongest Man
  • his attack got stopped by a fly
  • It could not even push the fly back
No proof it was his strongest attack or one of his strongest bozo
He had the intent of cutting human skin, not diamond.
Keep coping

No proof it was his strongest attack or one of his strongest bozo
1. Wait what? How does that make sense? What would he "test" by sending out of his weaker attacks?
Would you test Mike Tyson by slapping him? Or would you test Mike Tyson by trying to punch him with one of your strongest punches?

2. "World's Greatest Sword Strike"
Oda wrote that

3. Human skin? Mihawk thinks WB can't use haki or block with his weapon?

I know it has a lot to do with youtubers almost all of them seem to think shanks is stronger then Mihawk and they are influencers so most people will just follow their lead, but why did most of them just huddle around this thought? I used to be shanks>Mihawk to until I thought about It for more then 5 minutes, so how did a ridiculous notion get so popular? Not trolling rn I’m genuinely curious how this happened.
It's not ridiculous. Everything about Mihawk is lower than Shanks.
First time they met, Shanks was the one that asked if Mihawk wanted to settle accounts and not the opposite.
When they met WB Shanks clashed with him and split the sky, Mihawk was unsure about thegap of their strength and had his attack held by a commander.
In the war Mihawk was held back by Vista, a guy that needed to fight alongside all commanders to barely hold back Akainu. Shanks alone was enough to do something that Mihawk's rival in war needed help.
Mihawk reputation was all because of he fought shanks before he was a Yonko. Everything about Mihawk relies on Shanks while Shanks is considered a badass on his own.
Outside of manga, Oda used the rival design strategy with sizes (with the stronger getting 1cm taller than the other) to show Shanks as superior. Outside of manga Shanks is also the one with the best reputation and marketing.
In jest, Mihawk has the reputation of being a fraud. Even his clone (s-hawk) acted like a little coward.
If you go by feats- Shanks dominates.
There's two things that point Mihawk as superior: the WSS tittle (that no one cares about outside of Zoro and no one tries to challenge) and the fact that a marine officer with fault information told that Mihawk had more skill than shanks. The same officer that claimed that Buggy is a badass and awesome. So even this guy was proven to have false information (and the manga basically spelled out with WB that no one knew how Shanks lost his arm and people just assumed that Mihawk did the deed- except that Mihawk was the one that was stated that should settle accounts in East Blue).
Maybe Oda will give some bone to the fraud, but at this moment people only has the word of someone that thinks Buggy is S tier.

1. Wait what? How does that make sense? What would he "test" by sending out of his weaker attacks?
Would you test Mike Tyson by slapping him? Or would you test Mike Tyson by trying to punch him with one of your strongest punches?

2. "World's Greatest Sword Strike"
Oda wrote that

3. Human skin? Mihawk thinks WB can't use haki or block with his weapon?
He's a Ztard, objective not to make sense. Its wanking an saying things that make very little sense