General & Others How did Shanks>Mihawk become so popular?

IDC how he obtained it, just like idc how Roger obtained his title. We didn't learn about how he did it for 900+ chapters. Did that change that Roger was the PK? You don't need to defeat everyone to be the WSS. Lmfao
Well that's my point. Mihawk doesn't have to beat every other swordsman to be known as the WSS.

Keep in mind the point of this thread is asking why people keep thinking Shanks > Mihawk.

And my logic is that, if we know they haven't fought in at least a decade even after Shanks became a Yonko, the we can't know who wins, regardless of Mihawk having the WSS title.
Being like "Oda said he's the strongest so he is" directly clashes with him showing us they haven't fought in decades. That's why i'm saying it's intentionally vague, both are some of his most hyped characters behind Roger and Whitebeard and i doubt he would want people to definitively know one of them beats the other.

Well that's my point. Mihawk doesn't have to beat every other swordsman to be known as the WSS.

Keep in mind the point of this thread is asking why people keep thinking Shanks > Mihawk.

And my logic is that, if we know they haven't fought in at least a decade even after Shanks became a Yonko, the we can't know who wins, regardless of Mihawk having the WSS title.
Being like "Oda said he's the strongest so he is" directly clashes with him showing us they haven't fought in decades. That's why i'm saying it's intentionally vague, both are some of his most hyped characters behind Roger and Whitebeard and i doubt he would want people to definitively know one of them beats the other.
Really, that's your reason.

That's like me not accepting DF power because Oda hasn't fully explained how characters receive power from eating a df fruit.

We don't know the last time Mihawk and Shanks fought.

I said Mihawk is the WSS, Just confuse about 956 is something wrong with you?
Is something wrong with yoy. Noting to be confused about
Post automatically merged:

Mihawk title isn't "known" WSS. Thats Kaido.

Really, that's your reason.

That's like me not accepting DF power because Oda hasn't fully explained how characters receive power from eating a df fruit.

We don't know the last time Mihawk and Shanks fought.
No, but we know it has been at least a decade due to Mihawk's own principles.
We also know Shanks became a Yonko 6 years ago.
We have to assume their last duel either had Mihawk win or end in some kind of tie with no clear winner.
Both Shanks and Mihawk have most likely become stronger since then, but since they haven't fought and both have a lot of respect for each other, we can't actually know who would win now.

As such, the argument usually ends with people assuming Oda's intentions using the WSS title or Shanks' hype and story significance as their reasoning. But we ultimately can't know for sure.

No, but we know it has been at least a decade due to Mihawk's own principles.
We also know Shanks became a Yonko 6 years ago.
We have to assume their last duel either had Mihawk win or end in some kind of tie with no clear winner.
Both Shanks and Mihawk have most likely become stronger since then, but since they haven't fought and both have a lot of respect for each other, we can't actually know who would win now.

As such, the argument usually ends with people assuming Oda's intentions using the WSS title or Shanks' hype and story significance as their reasoning. But we ultimately can't know for sure.
Know we don't

You know they wouldn't fight after he encountered Shanks to tell him about Luffy's bounty.

We don't know when they accounted each other after Shanks lost his arm or if they fought then. Based on what you're claiming Mihawk won't fight Fujitora because he's blind and that doesn't make any sense.

lool ... the only semi-believable thing is that you are not a 2nd account of some loser who don't dare post as his own

Roger wasn't World Strongest man
Roger wasn't World Strongest Swordsman
Roger wasn't World Strongest Creature

Roger was above anything Mihawk can dream about

Shanks is THE ONLY man who stood equal to World Strongest man
Shanks is THE ONLY man who can kill World Strongest Creature

I call you when we had Vista level problem

Love your speeches, once again shanks with a sword is killing you😢

There are plenty of reasons, not that I have a strong belief that Shanks is stronger but I've seen quite a few arguments.

There's the idea that by becoming a Yonko, Shanks surpassed Mihawk by hype and portrayal. Doesn't really prove anything as a Yonko can be a swordsman and Shanks being one doesn't automatically make him stronger than Mihawk as it's a position not based solely on individual strength but influence as well.

That Mihawk's title doesn't apply to all who wield a blade and the idea that Shanks may utilize something we have yet to see and him potentially being reliant on whatever that is, instead of simply his blade makes him more than simply a swordsman. Not getting into that one since it's something people can't seem to agree on and I see why. But even if we look at it this way, it doesn't outright prove Shanks is stronger.

Because Shanks is who Luffy aspires to surpass and Mihawk is who Zoro aspires to surpass. Again, doesn't prove that Shanks is stronger.

Some people find his feats underwhelming and too few but that's understandable for a dude so strong that's reserved by the author for one of the MC's. Plus, his iceberg cutting feat was crazy. Shanks' feats are also scarce, he has the sky-splitting one when he clashed with Whitebeard. There's also stuff like him ending the war but I wouldn't say anything at the end of Marineford proved he was outright stronger.

The idea that since Mihawk never surpassed Shanks when they dualled, perhaps Shanks didn't get weaker after losing his arm and Mihawk's belief in that is unfounded. Again, isn't really a "Shanks is stronger," argument but more of a "he isn't necessarily weaker," one.

Overall I'd say people really like Shanks. I, personally don't worry too much over who's stronger between the two since I like both though I perfer Shanks and I'd be fine with either being stronger than the other but I'd lean more towards Mihawk being stronger based on what's in the manga and what we're aware of like his title and due to the fact that there isn't much you can use to argue Shanks is stronger. Though, due to what little we know, Oda proving the notion that Shanks is stronger isn't impossible. At best, we can say Shanks might be stronger and that Mihawk is simply unaware that Shanks is so strong. Pretty much due to how mysterious Shanks is, people could see him busting out some game-changing stuff.

Know we don't

You know they wouldn't fight after he encountered Shanks to tell him about Luffy's bounty.

We don't know when they accounted each other after Shanks lost his arm or if they fought then. Based on what you're claiming Mihawk won't fight Fujitora because he's blind and that doesn't make any sense.
Well, Mihawk looking down on Shanks because he lost an arm, in a world where haki exists and despite the fact that he was already a yonko by then, doesn't make much sense either.
Hell Shanks losing an arm to a giant eel doesn't either.
Those moment are most likely just a relic from when One Piece wasn't planned to go on as long as it did.

There are plenty of reasons, not that I have a strong belief that Shanks is stronger but I've seen quite a few arguments.

There's the idea that by becoming a Yonko, Shanks surpassed Mihawk by hype and portrayal. Doesn't really prove anything as a Yonko can be a swordsman and Shanks being one doesn't automatically make him stronger than Mihawk as it's a position not based solely on individual strength but influence as well.

That Mihawk's title doesn't apply to all who wield a blade and the idea that Shanks may utilize something we have yet to see and him potentially being reliant on whatever that is, instead of simply his blade makes him more than simply a swordsman. Not getting into that one since it's something people can't seem to agree on and I see why. But even if we look at it this way, it doesn't outright prove Shanks is stronger.

Because Shanks is who Luffy aspires to surpass and Mihawk is who Zoro aspires to surpass. Again, doesn't prove that Shanks is stronger.

Some people find his feats underwhelming and too few but that's understandable for a dude so strong that's reserved by the author for one of the MC's. Plus, his iceberg cutting feat was crazy. Shanks' feats are also scarce, he has the sky-splitting one when he clashed with Whitebeard. There's also stuff like him ending the war but I wouldn't say anything at the end of Marineford proved he was outright stronger.

The idea that since Mihawk never surpassed Shanks when they dualled, perhaps Shanks didn't get weaker after losing his arm and Mihawk's belief in that is unfounded. Again, isn't really a "Shanks is stronger," argument but more of a "he isn't necessarily weaker," one.

Overall I'd say people really like Shanks. I, personally don't worry too much over who's stronger between the two since I like both though I perfer Shanks and I'd be fine with either being stronger than the other but I'd lean more towards Mihawk being stronger based on what's in the manga and what we're aware of like his title and due to the fact that there isn't much you can use to argue Shanks is stronger. Though, due to what little we know, Oda proving the notion that Shanks is stronger isn't impossible. At best, we can say Shanks might be stronger and that Mihawk is simply unaware that Shanks is so strong. Pretty much due to how mysterious Shanks is, people could see him busting out some game-changing stuff.
@HexBozoline I think I found your successor for the title ''MRC'' (Most Reasonable Candyboy)
:suresure:
Seriously, his takes are so kewwwwl, just like yours when you were still a Candy <3

Well if we stayed here and counted together how many supposed big dogs never showed to defeat another big one in the story we would not end quickly. :blobdj:
Didn't say defeat, I said fought.

Ray and Kizaru fought each other
Aokiji fought Akainu, Akainu fought Whitebeard
Big Mom fought Kaido
Kaido fought Shanks
Shanks showed up to MF and nobody wanted any

Mihawk... fought Shanks back before the story started. And for all the people joking about the sea King, ROFL, that was Mihawk's rival sooo