Chapter Discussion Zoro Vs Lucci is the WORST Fight In One Piece.

Is this the worst fight in One Piece?

• Total voters

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Oda's way too lazy, well out of his prime at this point it's obvious. Like OP said, Luffy bodied Blueno but that was a masterpiece.

I remember he admitted to this in an interview a few years back broken down by Sandman I believe:

"ONE PIECE has more characters than before. He has to cram much information into one chapter to move forward with the story. Oda says he would be able to draw really impressive fight scenes only if he could keep drawing the fight scene for 2 chapters in a row. He feels ONE PIECE can now spend only 1 chapter at most on a fight scene."

Issue is he'd rather draw a whole bunch of nothing instead.
Honestly, i didnt believe Lucci vs Zoro was as important as the plotlines that Oda was focusing on in the first place. Stuff like Kuma's flashback, Gorosei's appearance are far more important.

Even then... I expected atleast something from this fight. Some piece of cool choreography like Bird Dance vs King. In the end, i guess Oda is just growing more & more senile as you said.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
I just think it’s kinda ass how Zoro could win so easily get the fight dragged on for so long.

Vegapunk literally died and Zoro couldn’t bother to end this quickly?

It’d be fine if the fight ended in like one or two chapters. The fact Oda needlessly dragged it is where the problem lies.
That's the whole point zoro had to be stalled SO vegapunk can die

Swords are boring for choreography, specially if just one of them uses it. If we saw the full battle it would look bad for Zoro, like he's abusing somehow. Lucci avoiding or blocking slashes is probably most of the battle we didn't saw. Zoro might had to block some blows, but he doesn't normally avoid hits and if he tanked them he should be shown more damaged which would make Zoro not able to continue fighting, Unless Lucci does no damage to him which doesn't seem good either...

If the fight is really over, this is a complete shame.

Rob Lucci is one of the fighters with the best action choreography in the ENTIRE manga.
Zoro vs Lucci is a great matchup because of that, and in terms of personalities/character too.

I really, really, hope this is not the end of it, otherwise it would be one of the worst missed opportunities in Oda's career (in terms of battles).

Oda's way too lazy, well out of his prime at this point it's obvious. Like OP said, Luffy bodied Blueno but that was a masterpiece.

I remember he admitted to this in an interview a few years back broken down by Sandman I believe:

"ONE PIECE has more characters than before. He has to cram much information into one chapter to move forward with the story. Oda says he would be able to draw really impressive fight scenes only if he could keep drawing the fight scene for 2 chapters in a row. He feels ONE PIECE can now spend only 1 chapter at most on a fight scene."

Issue is he'd rather draw a whole bunch of nothing instead.
I think this is the perfect summary. Skipping/rushing fight scenes is atleast understandable if you wanna keep to some schedule but not if you are spending panel time on literally nothing at the same time

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
I think this is the perfect summary. Skipping/rushing fight scenes is atleast understandable if you wanna keep to some schedule but not if you are spending panel time on literally nothing at the same time
What do you mean?? We need to see reaction shots from fodder irrelevant vice admirals every chapter, those are crucial to the story. Can't have main character fights taking any panel time away from that.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
What do you mean?? We need to see reaction shots from fodder irrelevant vice admirals every chapter, those are crucial to the story. Can't have main character fights taking any panel time away from that.
For once i thought we had a tight cast for this arc.

Now with all the different factions... Oda has succeeded in making Egghead as bloated as Onigashima.