Character Discussion Which Villain Was More Intimidating?

Who is the more intimidating villain?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Madara was feared?

- Green Bull admitted he feared Kaido along with his colleagues.
- Blackbeard, when mentioning Kaido, stated that he is "A fearsome monster."
- Oden, just before invading the capital castle and blindly attacking Orochi, stated that Orochi was wielding the strength of a "feared pirate."
- Kinemon who lost Oden to Kaido, admitted that Kaido and his presence kept enemies away from Wano.
- Novel Ace claims that only Kaido's existence causes terror and fear among humanity.
- In his introduction and solely by his presence, he made Hawkins give up on fighting.
- There are also the 5 elders.

We cannot deny that Kaido was portrayed as someone who is feared. It's just that the characters trying to fight him were vengeful characters seeking revenge, and main characters in comparison would be like asking if Naruto was afraid of Madara.
He was also the only person to outright kill Luffy in the history of the manga.
Luffy had to revive with the Nika retcon.

Madara was feared?

- Green Bull admitted he feared Kaido along with his colleagues.
- Blackbeard, when mentioning Kaido, stated that he is "A fearsome monster."
- Oden, just before invading the capital castle and blindly attacking Orochi, stated that Orochi was wielding the strength of a "feared pirate."
- Kinemon who lost Oden to Kaido, admitted that Kaido and his presence kept enemies away from Wano.
- Novel Ace claims that only Kaido's existence causes terror and fear among humanity.
- In his introduction and solely by his presence, he made Hawkins give up on fighting.
- There are also the 5 elders.

We cannot deny that Kaido was portrayed as someone who is feared. It's just that the characters trying to fight him were vengeful characters seeking revenge, and main characters in comparison would be like asking if Naruto was afraid of Madara.
Other topic but is this ace novel canon or not?

S

Sasaki Kojirō

Other topic but is this ace novel canon or not?
Said to be supervised by Oda. He doesn't write, but he provides the exclusive information contained or approves of what was written after reading.

For example: Jinbei's bounty was revealed in the Vivre Card databook, and then it was shown in the manga to be the same as what the Vivre Card stated.

Said to be supervised by Oda. He doesn't write, but he provides the exclusive information contained or approves of what was written after reading.

For example: Jinbei's bounty was revealed in the Vivre Card databook, and then it was shown in the manga to be the same as what the Vivre Card stated.
Also I think Ace defeating an unnamed Warlord was hinted at or revealed there, and then in Kuma's flashback it was revealed in the actual manga that Ace really did defeat the Warlord that Kuma replaced.

S

Sasaki Kojirō

He was also the only person to outright kill Luffy in the history of the manga.
Luffy had to revive with the Nika retcon.
In fact, this is a legendary feat of kaidou, and perhaps unsurpassable for any other character since Luffy can no longer die from now on.

Also I think Ace defeating an unnamed Warlord was hinted at or revealed there, and then in Kuma's flashback it was revealed in the actual manga that Ace really did defeat the Warlord that Kuma replaced.

Okay, another piece of evidence pointing to the fact that it is canon.

S

Sasaki Kojirō

I think the way Madara and Kaido are perceived is good, and both authors have made it clear that both characters are fearsome. However, I don't think that this is an argument that will lead anywhere. Madara was indeed fearsome, right, we know that, but that didn't stop random people from attacking him. Do we expect characters to retreat or go back home out of fear of Madara instead of facing him? At least Kaido spent 20 years in Wano frightening external enemies, as Green Bull and Kinemon reported, and was recognized by Blackbeard as a fearsome monster, etc.

The real question lies in the following question: why were they feared? I think both authors have made it clear enough that the fear of others was not unfounded.

However, Kaido was much more wicked than Madara. If you lose to him, your fate is sealed; often, you would prefer death over working as a slave for Kaido for the rest of your life. Madara's plans for the world weren't that bad; however, Kaido longed for the destruction of the world itself. The Moon Eye Plan wasn't so bad for people, a world without war and crime, the complete opposite of what Kaido desired, which was to plunge the world into chaos.

Madara's personality? Damn, that's awful. I can't imagine anyone wanting to go have a drink with him or anything like Sasaki wanted to do with Kaido. Kaido had subordinates who respected him, were willing to work for him to achieve his goals, and were willing to sacrifice themselves for him, like King, for example. Madara, on the other hand, captivated others through his plan; I don't think Madara had anyone willing to sacrifice themselves for him.

Taking a closer look, Madara is terrible and Kaido is much better. There's also the fact that Kaido has a daughter, which adds more depth to his character. Did Madara ever even touch a woman in his life, to be honest?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the way Madara and Kaido are perceived is good, and both authors have made it clear that both characters are fearsome. However, I don't think that this is an argument that will lead anywhere. Madara was indeed fearsome, right, we know that, but that didn't stop random people from attacking him. Do we expect characters to retreat or go back home out of fear of Madara instead of facing him? At least Kaido spent 20 years in Wano frightening external enemies, as Green Bull and Kinemon reported, and was recognized by Blackbeard as a fearsome monster, etc.

The real question lies in the following question: why were they feared? I think both authors have made it clear enough that the fear of others was not unfounded.

However, Kaido was much more wicked than Madara. If you lose to him, your fate is sealed; often, you would prefer death over working as a slave for Kaido for the rest of your life. Madara's plans for the world weren't that bad; however, Kaido longed for the destruction of the world itself. The Moon Eye Plan wasn't so bad for people, a world without war and crime, the complete opposite of what Kaido desired, which was to plunge the world into chaos.

Madara's personality? Damn, that's awful. I can't imagine anyone wanting to go have a drink with him or anything like Sasaki wanted to do with Kaido. Kaido had subordinates who respected him, were willing to work for him to achieve his goals, and were willing to sacrifice themselves for him, like King, for example. Madara, on the other hand, captivated others through his plan; I don't think Madara had anyone willing to sacrifice themselves for him.

Taking a closer look, Madara is terrible and Kaido is much better. There's also the fact that Kaido has a daughter, which adds more depth to his character. Did Madara ever even touch a woman in his life, to be honest?
- Kizaru didnt give a shit about Kaido / Big Mom alliance and he offered himself to go there.
- 5 Gorosei didnt give a shit about making Kaido angry just to prevent arrival of Nika.
- Kaido was afraid of fighting Oden and Hyogoro so he tricked Oden saying they will leave Wano in 5 years .
- Madara didnt need help of 20 000 samurais to fight shinobi alliance he did it alone unlike Kaido.
- Madara didnt need help of his equal to fight 5 kages unlike Kaido who needed another Yonko to fight rooftop 5.
- Madara said only 1 person Hashirama is capable of defeating him, Kaido listed 5 of them capable of fighting him.
- Madara name alone was enough to unite all 5 nations , Kaido never pulled something like that.

C

Cruxroux

And dropped one of the coldest anime lines :"do want these clones to use susanno too?"
I was reading manga while this was being aired....
I still remember the craze lmao.

Just inagining Naruto with 5 rasenshuriken at the same time felt over powered....
Bro straight up questioned about most broken ability.

"Intimidating character" with Oda's writing style doesn't align especially when it's post-skip.
If Kaido was introduced and have some feats in pre-skip he'll be even more menacing than his first few appearance.
(His first few appearance......intro + Wano act1 was the most intimidating villain we've got after a long time since pre-skip)
It was downhill slowly as the story goes....... showing Kaido's vulnerability bits by bits and the main character getting alot stronger making Kaido less threatening as it goes on.

Madara was the supposed final boss of the entire series. But he's ending was even more pathetic than any of Kaido's L combine.
Comparing both of their peak era ( moment until they show weak side) I'd say they're pretty equal.
But Madara maintained this aura longer and got better treatment by the author in the long running up until that INFAMOUS end.

There's no debate.

Madara literally became a god at the end of the series and turned the entire world in roots of the Shinjuu tree whilst putting the entire population in a massive Tsukuyomi. ONLY the MCs were able to fight him off. Prior to that, everyone ganged up on Madara but nobody truly matched him aside of Gai who literally did a suicide move and temporarily got far higher power than the strongest Jinchuriki.

Kaido should try doing the same. The Gorosei, Admirals and other top tiers would just laugh at his face, then proceed to jump at him. The end.

So, who's Kaido again?
Post automatically merged:

And dropped one of the coldest anime lines :"do want these clones to use susanno too?"
Keep in mind, these guys are the equivalent of admirals or even Yonko and Madara manhandled them all like toddlers.

He was way too overpowered for this series, that's why he got replaced by Kaguya who couldn't even fight properly despite having more power.