Role Madness Final Fantasy XVI Mafia - Game Thread

Emil

Certified Memelord
i agree with fuji, it's in dante/psychic for me

dante doesnt know everyone's meta, i feel like he'd think watson got cleared by her interaction with a flipped scum and kill her, or do it to set up his lynch of red night / make it easier

this guy is supposed to be ratchet's sensei, gonna give him more planning credit lmao

dante doesnt know everyone's meta, i feel like he'd think watson got cleared by her interaction with a flipped scum and kill her, or do it to set up his lynch of red night / make it easier

this guy is supposed to be ratchet's sensei, gonna give him more planning credit lmao
You and me suggested Watson could be scum tho. No reason to kill her unless it‘s a spite/rando kill which Psy does.

wym by the bolded
So my point is that typically you don't want to give town no means to defend themselves if scum overplay their hand. You want scum factions to have an incentive to be fairly well hidden and not be too suspect during the day. If you give a role the unstoppable condition, which would be what it would take to bypass Flower's roleblock, then it doesn't matter so much if they're a suspect or not. They can keep firing off their ability during the night.

The other point is, with a double possible kill between Mafia and an Indie faction the Math gets VERY silly, very quickly if Town never has a chance to prevent some of the kills.

Look at this Math. (Hypothetical on how quickly the town could lose.)
9 v 3 v 1 (which is our best guess at the moment for what the setup is.)

Day 1 mislynch
8 v 3 v 1
Night 1, both kills go off successful into town targets (Town is twice as likely to get hit even with cross fire from Mafia and Indie)
6 v 3 v 1
The town is already on the brink of losing the majority, beginning of Day 2. That's pretty rough.

So I do not think Ratchet would give the indie any unstoppable kills, or at best a single x1 unstoppable.

The town needs to negate at least 1 kill within the first 2 nights or faces complete extinction.

Tl;dr incredibly unlikely we need to be concerned about unstoppable kills in a 9 v 3 v 1 setup.

Emil

Certified Memelord
You and me suggested Watson could be scum tho. No reason to kill her unless it‘s a spite/rando kill which Psy does.
wait nvm she died n2 not n1

so cant be to setup for rednight

ya idk might just be psychic then

after rednight/yoho got yeeted watson's interaction with them makes her townier

watson also sused mango, what if mango is the one killing her while serial kills luka

just tinfoiling all possibilities

I'm going to take this as a pretty big compliment.

I think its fair we also give @Michelle some big props for being the first to hard dig into Mango.

I should have gone with my gut post when the Doctor claim started to really stick out in the claim list but Cubey was just so easy to lynch.

Emil

Certified Memelord
So my point is that typically you don't want to give town no means to defend themselves if scum overplay their hand. You want scum factions to have an incentive to be fairly well hidden and not be too suspect during the day. If you give a role the unstoppable condition, which would be what it would take to bypass Flower's roleblock, then it doesn't matter so much if they're a suspect or not. They can keep firing off their ability during the night.

The other point is, with a double possible kill between Mafia and an Indie faction the Math gets VERY silly, very quickly if Town never has a chance to prevent some of the kills.

Look at this Math. (Hypothetical on how quickly the town could lose.)
9 v 3 v 1 (which is our best guess at the moment for what the setup is.)

Day 1 mislynch
8 v 3 v 1
Night 1, both kills go off successful into town targets (Town is twice as likely to get hit even with cross fire from Mafia and Indie)
6 v 3 v 1
The town is already on the brink of losing the majority, beginning of Day 2. That's pretty rough.

So I do not think Ratchet would give the indie any unstoppable kills, or at best a single x1 unstoppable.

The town needs to negate at least 1 kill within the first 2 nights or faces complete extinction.

Tl;dr incredibly unlikely we need to be concerned about unstoppable kills in a 9 v 3 v 1 setup.
i thought u were referring to mafia having unstoppable as i havent seen that in any of the flipped roles

the setup in itself is weird, mafia has a roleblock busdriver AND a doctor, and town only gets access to those after eliminating the respective mafia, which at that point only leaves those tools to fight serial

or like the game intends for town to have one of those tools after each mafia they kill to progressively get stronger against the remaining scum while other town die at night

town does not start with any protective roles so unstoppable seems needless

I dont see the SK going for Mango, it would either be me,Emil or You. Maybe Dante as well. If they went after me then this could explain the singular mango kill lmao.
I really thought I was dead for sure Night 2 after the back to back scum lynch.

Which as a vanilla, I was more than ok with. I had done my job at that point.

i thought u were referring to mafia having unstoppable as i havent seen that in any of the flipped roles

the setup in itself is weird, mafia has a roleblock busdriver AND a doctor, and town only gets access to those after eliminating the respective mafia, which at that point only leaves those tools to fight serial

or like the game intends for town to have one of those tools after each mafia they kill to progressively get stronger against the remaining scum while other town die at night

town does not start with any protective roles so unstoppable seems needless
Yep I agree. I think being worried about an unstoppable condition is completely worthless given the information we have on flips.