reality it seems like their work are tending to critic the premisses of their own field (which is again a good things) about the myth of the universal waste hips ratio attraction and indicate that the social and environmental context is actually prevalent is the development of women's bodies.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1474704918800063

In other words, the distribution of ressources affected their body.
This paper isnt saying that though

I don’t understand why people want to move from the west to Israel.

I was talking to a friend the other day. She told me she was planning to move to Israel. Thing is tho, she’s convert like me. My friend is a part of the conservative denomination, which while being more traditional than Reform Judaism, their conversions still aren’t seen as valid by the orthodoxy.

Meaning that while she could get Israeli citizenship under law of return, she wouldn’t be classified as Jewish in israel unless she got an Orthodox conversion.

I think she told me she felt a connection to israel or something. And I know she has some friends there.

But I just find it so odd that people would move to a country that doesn’t even respect who they are.

My take on it is that life in America is far better than life in Israel.

Israel has been perpetually at war with its neighbors for nearly a century. The idea that Jews are somehow safe there is insane. October 7th proved that.

Yeah there’s antisemitism in America. But also, almost every synagogue I’ve been to has had police protection, so I’ve never felt unsafe practicing my religion.

From what I’ve read israel seems objectively worse than the west. imagine being forced to serve in the military when you are only a teenager. That’s not something I’d want for my kids or grandkids.
What Israelian and people going to Israel don't realize, is that the crypto-fascist gov that reign suprem in Israel right now, is not only a danger to Palestinians, but ALSO to Israelian. Fascism is no good for anyone.

This paper isnt saying that though
I'm also referencing that paper : https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/1474704918803998

By environmental and social context I indicate the ressources that are accessible to those population. A problem of distribution of ressources (which is not mentionned in the paper, I'm drawing this conclusion) is correlated to problems with health and malnourrishment in any society, this is not a scoop.

In other words, the distribution of ressources affect women's body (but any kind of body without wealth in fact, that just an evidence), but what is interesting here is that those studies actually goes against the myth that men have a natural preference for women with an "hollywoodian" body. In reality, this preference is conditionned by a lot of factors. Two of which are health and nourrishment here.

What Israelian and people going to Israel don't realize, is that the crypto-fascist gov that reign suprem in Israel right now, is not only a danger to Palestinians, but ALSO to Israelian. Fascism is no good for anyone.

I'm also referencing that paper : https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/1474704918803998

By environmental and social context I indicate the ressources that are accessible to those population. A problem of distribution of ressources (which is not mentionned in the paper, I'm drawing this conclusion) is correlated to problems with health and malnourrishment in any society, this is not a scoop.

In other words, the distribution of ressources affect women's body (but any kind of body without wealth in fact, that just an evidence), but what is interesting here is that those studies actually goes against the myth that men have a natural preference for women with an "hollywoodian" body. In reality, this preference is conditionned by a lot of factors. Two of which are health and nourrishment here.
Most people arent wealthy, especially the further back you go. So the same must be true for males and females like going with your line of thiught here.

My point was humans generally being sexually dimorphic, and maybe i misunderstood you, but it sounded like you were saying that the dimorphism was solely a result of social factors

Most people arent wealthy, especially the further back you go. So the same must be true for males and females like going with your line of thiught here.
Indeed, most people aren't wealthy, but society is not the same that it was back in the day, we now have other constrains that shape both the way women body are shaped and the vision populations have of those bodies.

My point was humans generally being sexually dimorphic, and maybe i misunderstood you, but it sounded like you were saying that the dimorphism was solely a result of social factors
What I said is that it was both. It can be due to natural factors but also due to social ones. Its a mix of both.

But in the case of humans, while there was a dismorphism since the beginning of our evolution, that dismorphism between the mesolithic and our current era evolved mainly due to social and environmental factors such as - as explained - environmental pressures, the scarcity of ressources that could lead to health/hunger problems, the necessity for women to get into the field to do some labors works which increased their musculature at first or the fact that some men appropriated the ressources and women where left with only the caretaking roles and thus lost their strenght etc.

There are thousands of social factors that can explain that dismorphism. While there is a natural starting point, the rest is social.

And after all its logical, we are social animals.

Hm ? No. I've never said that. Its you guys who invented that lie to attack me

Rethink :willight:

When I report, its usually because there was something very problematic said. For example, denying a genocide, someone being transphobic, someone insulting someone else.. things that can actually put you in front of justice where I live. Also when I report, I don't want you banned, I just want your post to be modified to be civil, that's all. In fact I've not reported in a long time, I see that mods don't really care about those specific problematic behaviors.

Aside from being intolerant, denying the murder of thousands of people or going into fascist territory, you can say all the far right sh*t you want mate.
Thanks for creating arguments against yourself

:suresure:

I don’t understand why people want to move from the west to Israel.

I was talking to a friend the other day. She told me she was planning to move to Israel. Thing is tho, she’s convert like me. My friend is a part of the conservative denomination, which while being more traditional than Reform Judaism, their conversions still aren’t seen as valid by the orthodoxy.

Meaning that while she could get Israeli citizenship under law of return, she wouldn’t be classified as Jewish in israel unless she got an Orthodox conversion.

I think she told me she felt a connection to israel or something. And I know she has some friends there.

But I just find it so odd that people would move to a country that doesn’t even respect who they are.
Post automatically merged:

My take on it is that life in America is far better than life in Israel.

Israel has been perpetually at war with its neighbors for nearly a century. The idea that Jews are somehow safe there is insane. October 7th proved that.

Yeah there’s antisemitism in America. But also, almost every synagogue I’ve been to has had police protection, so I’ve never felt unsafe practicing my religion.

From what I’ve read israel seems objectively worse than the west. imagine being forced to serve in the military when you are only a teenager. That’s not something I’d want for my kids or grandkids.

I guess it comes from this idea that living in Israel is a mitzvah and so is helping the Zionist project. But that’s just not my take on it.

I think if G-d wanted Jews to return to Israel, then he’d send the Messiah.
I believe most Jews who immigrate to Israel aren’t from the U.S. The U.S to this day houses like 40% of Jews in the world. People emigrating out of the U.S overall is not common

I believe most Jews who immigrate to Israel aren’t from the U.S. The U.S to this day houses like 40% of Jews in the world. People emigrating out of the U.S overall is not common
Apparently most immigrants come to Israel from Russia, which is understandable tbh.

More Israelis leave Israel for the US than the other way around. Yet Americans do make up a good number of those coming to israel.

In my personal life I have encountered quite a few people who want to leave for Israel. And Jewish Reddit is full of posts talking about how it’s time to leave because Holocaust 2.0 is on the horizon.

Apparently most immigrants come to Israel from Russia, which is understandable tbh.

More Israelis leave Israel for the US than the other way around. Yet Americans do make up a good number of those coming to israel.

In my personal life I have encountered quite a few people who want to leave for Israel. And Jewish Reddit is full of posts talking about how it’s time to leave because Holocaust 2.0 is on the horizon.
LMAO

few cringe college students say dumb shit and suddenly were throwing them back in the camps

My advince is to stay away from reddit (as well as Tik Tok, Twitter, ect.) it gives you only brain rot if you stay too long on such websites which are mostly echo chambers and/or cesspools

LMAO

few cringe college students say dumb shit and suddenly were throwing them back in the camps

LMAO

The protests aren’t even about Jews

It’s an anti war protest. Sure some protesters might be antisemitic, but they aren’t protesting Jewish people, they are protesting a war and calling for universities to divest from Israel.

Which is fair tbh. Because even Israelis are blaming Netanyahu for prioritizing the war over saving hostages.

The protests aren’t even about Jews

It’s an anti war protest. Sure some protesters might be antisemitic, but they aren’t protesting Jewish people, they are protesting a war and calling for universities to divest from Israel.

Which is fair tbh. Because even Israelis are blaming Netanyahu for prioritizing the war over saving hostages.
Let’s be real, a lot of shit said in the protest is anti semitic af. I don’t blame Jews for seeing those protest and thinking it’s anti semitic af. Doesn’t also help that most Jews do hold some affinity to Israel, even if they themselves aren’t in line with the government. When you start using Zionist as a slur you’re alienating 90% of Jews who just view being a Zionist as someone who wants Israel to be a state.

but all that being said it’s just a bunch of stupid and young college kids with 0 power since they don’t vote anyways

. When you start using Zionist as a slur you’re alienating 90% of Jews who just view being a Zionist as someone who wants Israel to be a state.
I don’t think that’s what Zionism is

A lot of pro Palestine people would accept a two state solution. Yasser Arafat eventually supported it.

Zionism is more than that. It’s being a Jewish nationalist and supporting Israel uncritically.

Let’s be real, a lot of shit said in the protest is anti semitic af. I don’t blame Jews for seeing those protest and thinking it’s anti semitic af.
I think that’s a very limited perspective that fails to grasp what the protests are really about.

Can you give some examples with actual footage ?

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/quick-takes/2024/04/29/columbia-bars-protest-leader-who-threatened-zionists#:~:text=“Be%20grateful%20that%20I'm,fight%20Zionists%20to%20the%20death.

I don’t think that’s what Zionism is

A lot of pro Palestine people would accept a two state solution. Yasser Arafat eventually supported it.

Zionism is more than that. It’s being a Jewish nationalist and supporting Israel uncritically.

I think that’s a very limited perspective that fails to grasp what the protests are really about.
Yeah but that’s not the understood meaning of Zionism. When Joe Biden says he’s a Zionist you think he meant he’s an Israeli nationalist? No. Zionist just means a person who believes Israel should be a state. Most Jews fall in that

l

Like it or not perception matters. If you were to protest trans rights and allowed pedophiles to protest alongside you what exactly you think it’s going to happen lmao