Worstgen

Zenos7
Zenos7
i know that feel. And i can also understand if you get frustrated in such situations, which might make it seem for them that you are angry. . .
Zenos7
Zenos7
i had a pretty heated discussion with my stepdad about flat earth before, because its fucking bullshit and it seemed to him and other people present that i was angry. I mean, maybe i was, flat earth is really fucking stupid. . . .
Jew D. Boy
Jew D. Boy
Trust me, you’re not the only one with irrational family members...sorry you’re dealing with that kind of thing, just know your opinions are valid and valued here!

Also, @Zenos7, the flat earth theory is one of the dumbest fucking conspiracies in existence...
Dark Hound
Dark Hound
I’m tired asf of this shit
Zenos7
Zenos7
yeah...its not even like my stepdad is particularly stupid, he is just too sucked in into the conspiracy community. i think i convinced him of how stupid flatearth is. . .or maybe he just says it so i dont discuss it with him again. . . xD
Zenos7
Zenos7
@Dark Hound what exactly was it about? (you dont have to tell us of course)
Dark Hound
Dark Hound
Hard to pinpoint one example but generally it’s like I can’t say anything and just have to listen because can’t take objective criticism

I guess it’s mostly about my sister recently I just had to vent
Zenos7
Zenos7
taking criticism is not something humans excel at i would guess ^^
Dark Hound
Dark Hound
True
nik87
nik87
Practice your haki and try to be understanding towards them despite knowing you are right. Most of the time it comes down to it being not worth having the argument because of trivial things...
If it is something important, keep your stance and cool head.
Zenos7
Zenos7
i somewhat agree with nik here. if the topic is rather trivial, it can be helpful to just suck it up and not say anything. But i also think it is important to be honest and stand up for your own opinions.
Nidai_Kitetsu
Nidai_Kitetsu
Why do you need to point out logical stuff unless its something really important? irl you will mostly get hate and dislikes with objective criticism or logic
Zenos7
Zenos7
because sometimes people care for their family. if someone in my family is believing illogical stupid garbage (like the flatearth example i mentioned), then i will tell him about how stupid that shit is, because i care for that person.
Nidai_Kitetsu
Nidai_Kitetsu
As long as those beliefs are harmless and unimportant, I would rather avoid a confrontation than being an obnoxious know-it-all
Zenos7
Zenos7
is believing in a global conspiracy like flatearth theory harmless and unimportant though? I guess people would have varying opinion regarding that. And i simply dont want my stepfather to be completely disconnected from reality.

but sure, thats generally what nik and i said above and i agree with it.
Zenos7
Zenos7
And well you can correct and converse with people without being "obnoxious" or a "know-it-all" or the combination of both.
Finalbeta
Finalbeta
You do well nakama don't stop with it, one day someone might realize you are in the right :)
Finalbeta
Finalbeta
And regardless whether that happens or not, you doing what you are doing is for yourself ;)