Worstgen

Cinera
Cinera
> but can in anime

Not a fan of relying on the anime to resolve such disputes.
Cinera
Cinera
> If only anyone would be able to explain how containing Haki will make him stronger, it would be great...
Shusui itself is able to produce stronger slashes than the other two swords (told to us directly in the manga). It's plausible that Enma is in turn able to produce stronger slashes (aside from forcing the weilder to release ryuo) than Shusui.
Cinera
Cinera
> Enma would offer nothing to Mihawk and would be a nerf compared to Yoru.

I agree with this.
nik87
nik87
I guess we will see it soon enough. Also, Pound Ho attacks are used rarely so cant really compare since there is no 720 PH performed with Shusui.
The only way I see how Enma makes his attacks stronger is by doing what was said it does, releasing more haki and that's what Zoro trains to prevent it from doing so there shouldnt be any difference... It makes no sense for it to be different than Wado which was forged by
nik87
nik87
the same bladesmith, except the haki drain thing.
Cinera
Cinera
> It makes no sense for it to be different than Wado which was forged by

Why? It already has the haki drain thing. It is the only sword to have left a lasting scar on Kaido. The hype of the two blades are different. Seems perfectly plausible to me that Enma has higher AP than Wado without the haki buff.
nik87
nik87
It makes no sense. It is all about the user. Haki drain is a gimmick, "works similar to cursed swords".
Shusui's higher AP could be explained due to being heavier, Enma isnt. Enma drains Haki and thats why it cuts more than needed. What's the gimmick of Wado and Snake Slayer swords?
nik87
nik87
Regarding Kaido's scar, we have way too little information. The scar is X shaped which implies either 2 swords or 2 attacks or single cross-shaped attack.
We have to wait for the flashback to have information to work with. We dont know if Oden used Snake Slayer against Kaido at all.
Cinera
Cinera
We know that Ame no Habakiri did not make that cut. Ame no Habakiri is also of the same grade as Enma.
Cinera
Cinera
There is no evidence for Enma being a stronger sword than Wado Ichimonji sans the Haki abilities. I thought it was plausible, but until we get evidence for that it's essentially speculation, so I'll drop that argument. Furthermore, Shusui is a black blade (which Enma is not), and would be more durable than Enma.
BossYimz
BossYimz
I agree. Enma will make Zoro stronger by forcing him to improve his haki control. Enma didn't make Zoro's AP better as Zoro already showed he has the AP needed to cut mountains in DR. With other sword, Zoro uses his will to use them to cut what he wants and how large a cut he wants. Enma on the other hand, steals Zoro's haki and cut and make large cut that Zoro didn't want
BossYimz
BossYimz
Enma is stuborn and does whatever it wants by stealing the users haki. So when Zoro first got it, he failed to use his will to control the sword and make it cut what he wants and how big the slash should be. Afterwards, he conqured shusui and tamed it and made it follow his will and make it cut what he wants and how big the slash should be
BossYimz
BossYimz
@nik87, containing haki makes him stronger in the following way. Think of strength training, you increase you muscle mass by using weights that push your muscles beyond their confort zone which tears then then they get rebuilt stronger. Same with haki. By resisting enma's tendance to steal haki and sucking back any haki it steals, the user increases their haki control and haki reserves.
BossYimz
BossYimz
After the user gets more haki and better haki control, enma will now have access to more haki to steal from. The user will then be able to use their increase haki control to resist and prevent enma from stealing their increased haki. This inturn increases the haki control and haki reserves. More haki =stronger atk, def, cutting, not cutting.
nik87
nik87
Why would he increase his Haki reserves when he can prevent Enma from taking more Haki than he intends to release? @BossYimz
Also, I think there is no Will in all of this. It is Haki which is controlled by the will. Will wont stop swords from cutting, Haki on the other hand, will.
Cinera
Cinera
@BossYimz I think Enma does increase Zoro's AP. I believe the following:
After mastering Enma Zoro would be capable of delivering stronger attacks with Enma than he can with Wado Ichimonji or say Shusui.
Cinera
Cinera
This is based on the fact that only Emma scarred Kaido despite Oden favouring a 2 sword style and his second sword being a sword of the same grade as Enma. Until we are told otherwise, it seems like the below is true:
"Oden could not have wounded Kaido with Ame no Habakiri".

If it is indeed true, then Enma is a substantial increase to AP.
BossYimz
BossYimz
BossYimz
BossYimz
@Cinera, I don't see how enma will increase the AP unless Zoro make's it permanent black. Reason being what makes enma special is the fact that it steals haki then makes cuts larger than the user wanted. Enma doesn't make stronger attack than the user can make if they wanted to. It just make unwanted and unnecesarily large cuts that the user was planning on making
HA001
HA001
We gonna ignore he was using it perfectly fine at the end of the chapter and cut the bamboo with no excess damage ? So what does it actually do.