Worstgen

Veku
Veku
The last sentence implies to me that he has not changed Doffy's powerlevel at all since directly after he mentioned that Doffy was supposed to be Kaido's strong ally, he higlighted that it's good (for the Strawhats and allys) that such troublesome character has already been dealt with.
Veku
Veku
And looking at the feats and portrayal of the Supernova on the roof, it doesn't make much sense to me for Doffy to be your average Yc level character.
With Birdcage and Parasite he'd offer a way more efficient version of Queen's Plague without even directly engaging into combat.
On top he's able to content with physical strength and speed the magnitude of Boundman, or Hax the magnitude of Law's df abilitys....
Veku
Veku
while he has been mortally wounded.
Imo, if Doffy would be at Wano, he'd be the most troublesome enemy after Kaido and Big Mom
Veku
Veku
Responding to profile posts is really the worst way in order to start a debate lmao.
The space here is too limited.
Monster Luffy
Monster Luffy
Boundman was retconed from sending Doflamingo all over to dressrosa to breaking mere biscuit soldiers and then even retconned to be below Kidd non haki physical slams and blows. Kaidou got retconned from withstanding 10000 metres fall to feeling pain for mere rocks and slams. Elements like fire, water, thunder won't effect even normal humans let alone people with immunity.
Monster Luffy
Monster Luffy
Non haki g3 punch that can blast steel door to not doing anything to mere candy armor...
Luffy is the mc
Luffy is the mc
@Emperor, Oda doesn't know what to with Luffy anymore, giving him G4 with massive drawback and retconing its strength. Give him FS but then he can't use at all because it would be too OP, give him adv CoA which turned out to be useless af, rn his G4 bound man with adv CoA looks less impressive than his pre ts G3.
Sentinel
Sentinel
@Emperor That ain't a retcon tho. It's quite typical in fictional stories that certain techniques do not always show the same DC feats again like in their introduction. That's why attack potency is a thing.
Shadowlord123
Shadowlord123
Honestly, I don't want to be that guy who brings the Gamma Knife but to me it was pretty clear that it weakened Doffy to a considerable degree.
Shadowlord123
Shadowlord123
Healthy Doffy never got hit solidly. Red Hawk was the result of a surprise attack + him not being on guard; Injection Shot was the result of him losing his cool due to Law being a D (later on we learn from Katakuri that you can't use your haki properly if you lose your cool), Gamma Knife... Do I even need to talk about that? Counter Shock was when he was still recovering and couldn't even move from the ground.
Shadowlord123
Shadowlord123
Healthy Doffy clearly outmatched Luffy twice without using Awakening (back on the first time Luffy saved Kyros and when Luffy was charging at him before the Bellamy shit). After Gamma Knife, Doffy started eating direct hits like a champion from base Luffy. Couldn't even dodge G2 when beforehand he could react and defend against a Jet Gattling and Hawk Gattling pretty easily.
Shadowlord123
Shadowlord123
I'm not saying he's like solid Katakuri level, but I feel he tends to be underestimated due to chapter 784 alone. Heck, he didn't even get ragdolled by G4 once he started using Awakening. He could block a Double Culverin with Off-White and during 20 minutes, Luffy didn't get a solid hit on him (as far as we know) and with the little we saw he was getting pressured too. Doffy was far from being just on the defensive.
Shadowlord123
Shadowlord123
I feel I'm going to do an essay about Doffy one of these days talking about this in full detail. He doesn't get enough credit IMO.
comrade
comrade
Luffy likes to goof around. He beat Crocodile but then had his shit beaten up by Foxy and was equal to Franky. His encounter with Cracker doesn't put Cracker above Doffy. Imagine Oda calling Cracker Kaido's strong Ally and saying good that such a troublesome opponent was dealt with beforehand
silverfire
silverfire
There was no retcon. He embarrassed Jozu before the timeskip, and he effortlessly broke out of an attack similar to the one that crippled him afterwards. His ability level has always been superior to any YC2/YC3- awakening and CoC. His portrayal has always been very high.
silverfire
silverfire
On top of “mobilize the admirals” we now have confirmation of what was obvious to myself and many others for years- Doffy’s joker epithet is meant to fit alongside the calamaties card theme and his portrayal was built up to be that of a valuable partner to kaido. All that remained the same. Oda just shuffled when he’d appear in the story.
silverfire
silverfire
Luffy’s performance vs cracker vs his against Doffy has thousands of pages worth of debate around it. I maintain that cracker was stalling him at best, and got one-shotted once Luffy found the “trick.”
Veku
Veku
It's like the recent statement of Oda merged all the pro- Doffy arguments @silverfire mentioned to form a harmonious overall picture.
silverfire
silverfire
@Sentinel @playa4321 your argument around Luffy being more capable than Jozu is a good one. My unsatisfactory answer is that powerscaling using the protagonist can get hairy. Luffy wins whenever he has to whether it makes perfect sense or not...that simple. Whether it’s against Croc, enel, Magellan’s poison, or even Moria IMO. You can either look at it as Doffy getting dumbed down or Luffy being Luffy.
FloriGlori
FloriGlori
Not to mention that Cracker was just a bad matchup with the ability to create infinite biscuit warriors. Boundman shouldn't be underestimated, I for one don't see full-power Dressrosa Luffy losing to a straight forward VC1 like Jack or even YC2 like Queen or Smoothie. So post GK Doffy being defensive against Boundman doesn't contradict the Jozu chair feat.