Kindness
Ambition
Friendship
Self sacrifice
Utilitarian nature
Exceptional will power
Loyalty
Religious dedication to combat
Are all Zoros prominent character layers among minor character layers such as his sense of direction, his unique relationship with different crew members like Nami, Brook, Sanji, Chopper
ShishioIsBack
ShishioIsBack
You are literally a fan of a one dimension cuck like Akainu and literally wasted drops of inks like Saitama and you call Zoro Justin Beiber.

I am not joking when I tell you, you are making King of Lightenings fanbase look like army of Einsteins right now @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung

fucking retard..get the fuck outta here with your butt hurt ass
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
@Nidai_Kitetsu Saitama exists as a parody to characters like Zoro. He himself is a criticism of characters like Zoro who spend their lives trying to achieve a grand ambition, and everything about Saitams exists to parody this idea.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
So many characters like Zoro have done strength-based EOS goals before, but no characters outside of Saitama have explored what life would realistically be life after achieving your goal. Zoro irl would probably wind up like Saitama, his life would become hollow and meaningless after he achieved his goal. He would have nothing left to live or fight for
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
But Oda is going to end the series before we ever see Zoro become a bitter hollow shell of a man, because the point of Zoro’s character is working hard to attain your ambition, you’re not supposed to think about him any deeper than that. Saitama is a character unlike any other in manga, trying to find fulfillment in life after your goal has been achieved.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
I imagine Oda will kill Zoro before he comes to know such a terrible fate though. Zoro isn’t designed for such complex messaging, he is a generic “achieve your goals!!” Shonen character like dozens before him.
Nidai_Kitetsu
Nidai_Kitetsu
You guys are underestimating Zoro's greatness. I think the biggest reason is he is not the MC. But that doesnt really stop fans loving him. Look at this list in myanimelist. Hundreds of thousands people voted here, and Zoro is 6th most popular character above the likes of Naruto, Edward Elric, Eren, Guts, Saitama => https://myanimelist.net/character.php
Nidai_Kitetsu
Nidai_Kitetsu
And you cant call it bs because your favorites Lamprouge, L, Light are the top 5 here and Zoro got more than130k votes, lol.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
I don’t care how many people like Zoro Nidai lol. More people like Justin Beiber than musicians who are objectively better than him.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
There is nothing original about Zoro. He is about as generic-shonen as it gets. A single-minded pursuit of ambition, wins every fight through power ups he pulls from his ass, being a generic badass, etc...there is nothing original about this character.
Nidai_Kitetsu
Nidai_Kitetsu
The Justin Bieber thing doesnt work, thats pure hate. You have to compare Metallica - Megadeth. There is a reason why Metallica reached greater audience than Megadeth.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Among hardcore metal communities, Megadeth is actually considered the more talented and unique band despite having less mainstream success. Slayer also helped spawn the extreme metal genres while Metallica never spawned any genre, modern thrash is hardly a genre at all while modern death and extreme metal is still going strong.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Zoro is popular because he is designed to be popular, not because there is anything unique or original about his character.
Nidai_Kitetsu
Nidai_Kitetsu
Because of their technicality. Marty, my favorite guitarist, and the late Nick Menza were so much better than than Kirk and Lars that its almost laughable. Mustaine also plays better riff than Hetfield. But music is not all about technicality. The main ingredient of a great song is the vocals, thats where Metallica is miles ahead of Megadeth.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
That is the most subjective thing I’ve ever heard lol, there are plenty of people who prefer instrumental technicality to vocals. There are plenty of fans who have no vocalists at all.

And Metallica doesn’t have the best vocals in metal lol. I can think of several bands with more talented vocalists off of the top of my head-Behemoth, Amon Amarth, Children of Bodom, Lamb of God, etc...
Nidai_Kitetsu
Nidai_Kitetsu
Thats what I told Shuyaku. This type of things are always subjective. It ultimately comes down to which character, music or band you like.

The bands you mentioned mostly belongs to a different genre, thats why the vocal style is different.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Which is why I brought up concepts like originality or well-written-ness which can be measured by objective standards. Zoro objectively fails hard in originality, and in terms of well-written-ness, he is mostly just a parody of himself post timeskip and has even regressed at times like Punk Hazard.
Nidai_Kitetsu
Nidai_Kitetsu
A character can be original and a piece of shit at the same time. Big Mom is more original than Shanks. IMO the main criteria should be how much you enjoy a character. Lets be honest, this is not some complex piece of literature that we need to analyze originality and well-written-ness.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
But you said Zoro was the best character in fiction? So he should be analyzed in that way when we compare him to far more complex characters.
Nidai_Kitetsu
Nidai_Kitetsu
I said Zoro is the best manga character ever, lol.

Bring it on. Thriller Bak made him the greatest.